What would you choose? Suite or 2 cabins?

TopofWorld

Hi to all once again.

Based on your recommendations on a previous question, Bermuda was chosen for the July cruise. Now I will impose on you once again. We are a family of 4 (51, 44, 21, 16). We usually take 2 cabins opposite eachother ( balcony and inside) however this time I wanted to try a suite with some sort of basic separation between us and the daughters. The price difference is quite steep (almost 2500 USD) and was wondering if the difference is justified? What do the experienced cruisers think? I know it is personal choice, however when the kids where quite younger (much younger) we all travelled in a single balcony cabin and we quite enjoyed it - brough the whole family closer together. Now the kids are all grown up and the price difference is quite high. Any thoughts?

Thank you

Andreas

Hi to all once again.

Based on your recommendations on a previous question, Bermuda was chosen for the July cruise. Now I will impose on you once again. We are a family of 4 (51, 44, 21, 16). We usually take 2 cabins opposite eachother ( balcony and inside) however this time I wanted to try a suite with some sort of basic separation between us and the daughters. The price difference is quite steep (almost 2500 USD) and was wondering if the difference is justified? What do the experienced cruisers think? I know it is personal choice, however when the kids where quite younger (much younger) we all travelled in a single balcony cabin and we quite enjoyed it - brough the whole family closer together. Now the kids are all grown up and the price difference is quite high. Any thoughts?

Thank you

Andreas

Hi,

What ship ? Which suite ?

That might help for giving a better answer...but even with that said...$2500 is a lot of money that could be put to great use on other expenses for the cruise...excursions/specialty dining/beverage packages/shopping etc.

Woody

Hi to all once again.

Thank you

Andreas

What would the cost be for two connecting balcony rooms?

I thought it is against proper manners to give actual figures here, that is why I did not mention more details. The ship is Celebrity Summit for the trip to Bermuda in July. Norwegian Breakaway does not offer balcony opposite an inside cabin I was told.

On the Carnival Dream there are connecting cabins with Balconies. You can then have the room steward open the partition on the balcony or go thru the door in the room Or go cheap with an interior right across the hall. Junior suites are still on some Carnival ships A downgrade from the Grand

Category CS suite. No suite assigned yet.

Hi,

I have stayed as 3 people in a Celebrity Suite on the Summit...and although you can have separation (bedroom door closes off from the rest of the living area), there is still only 1 bathroom...and you have to go through the bedroom to get to it.

Likewise...if your two daughters are sleeping in the fold-out couch in the living room...you would wake them etc whenever you came out of the bedroom...or while going out to the deck etc. That said, it is a nice size suite...here is a link to some pics/slideshow of the Celebrity Suite (courtesy of another poster and another thread):

http://s1256.photobucket.com/user/MoreMoores/slideshow/Celebrity%20Suite/?albumview=slideshow

Woody

I looked at the CS for a possible trip for us (3 boys including Dh & me). But when I really thought about it, I thought adjoining balconies would be better because we could open the divider on the balcony and have 2 bathrooms. We had adjoining balconies on Princess and we really spent a lot of time out here so that sitting room in a suite would be a waste for us. Also I didn't like the locations of the CS's on the Summit (total personal preference I know :) )

Edited by hansolosmom

Another vote for adjoining balconies. I did this last year (me and my teenage daughter in one - my parents next door)

And it worked perfectly. We kept the adjoining door open in the day, and then at night everyone had their privacy - and of course a shower room for yourself that your daughters will not take over with their stuff!

We only sail suites but that is just the two of us. Wouldn't think of doing it with four unless the suite had two separate bedrooms. Even then I would be concerned with the bathroom unless there was more than one of these as well. You are cruising with three women. Unless you plan on using the bathroom in the next cabin or one by the pool I think two cabins is the way to go. Not to mention $2500 extra to have a great time with.

If you look at the prices, you can get a JS and an inside cabin for about the same price as a JS with the four of you in it. The cost of the two extra people, in any suite, is pretty much the same price as an inside cabin for 2. The cost of an extra bath....priceless

Thank you, thank you all. What a great group of people. Unforunately being from Cyprus, we will be in NY for a week and then on to the cruise. So the only 2 ports we can use are NY and NJ since we will need to catch the flight back home once the cruise is over. So, 2 cabins. Bermuda it is, since it suits my family likes. Celebrity in all probability because we are foodies as well, and not that much into swimming pools and jacuzzis and rock climbing.

Thank you all once again

Andreas