Ft Lauderdale hotels

millybruddy

A couple of negatives to the Renaissance is that rates don't include breakfast, and there's no free parking if you have a car rental or you're getting together with friends from the area. These probably won't affect most people but if you're on a budget, breakfast can be a factor.

We're driving in and parking for a two-week cruise. We plan to eat on the ship so let's say breakfast is not a big deal. :)

Anyone found a good park-n-cruise deal for more than 7 days?

Rick

I booked the Doubletree on Sunrise Boulevard for my two-day stay in FLL between the Ruby and Pacific. Anyone have opinions? It looked near supermarket and CVS (I will refill prescriptions).

Gallery One Doubletree is a great hotel. Right on the intercoastal waterway, with a water taxi stop at the back door. Its across the road from CVS, Publix, Starbucks and next block to Galleria Mall.

There is an ATM right in front of Publix on 17th St, not sure which bank put it there, but their servicemark name is "Presto".

As for shuttle from Hyatt Place or Embassy Suites, the cost (at least last year) was $7 pp, we choose to take a taxi, total cost was less than $8.00, with tip $10 total. Much easier (and cheaper) then waiting in line with the others jostling for a seat on the shuttle.

SAS

We're driving in and parking for a two-week cruise. We plan to eat on the ship so let's say breakfast is not a big deal. :)

Anyone found a good park-n-cruise deal for more than 7 days?

Rick

www.parksleepfly.com and www.stay123.com are two good sources - plug your dates in and see what comes back.

We are booked 1 night pre-cruise at the Spring Hill suites.. They have free shuttle from the airport to hotel and hotel to the cruise port. Plus it includes breakfast!

Price is decent and it got good reviews on Trip Advisor. It's worth checking out.

Thanks for that recommend. Among hotels charging $8 a day for parking, their cruise package stands out:

Escape! Pre-Cruise Package, includes hot buffet breakfast for 2 guests daily, wireless Internet, 1 way transportation to Port Everlgades for up to 5

people. Parking included for up to 14 days. Any nights over 14

will be charged 5 dollars per day.

There is an ATM right in front of Publix on 17th St, not sure which bank put it there, but their servicemark name is "Presto".

As for shuttle from Hyatt Place or Embassy Suites, the cost (at least last year) was $7 pp, we choose to take a taxi, total cost was less than $8.00, with tip $10 total. Much easier (and cheaper) then waiting in line with the others jostling for a seat on the shuttle.

SAS

The shuttle price was still at 7.00 in November, we checked out at 10am and was going to call for a cab. Desk clerk said they were loading the 1st shuttle right now so we took it. They had four shuttles ready to go. Yes, the cab most times is the best way to go but we hit the shuttle at the right time.

PS - Hyatt Place is just a 20 minute walk up to the 17th St. bridge and I got some great pictures of 5 cruise ships in port.

We have booked this motel for our one night pre-cruise stay...I have not seen many reports about this motel....just wondering if we did not make a good choice...

Please share with us your opinion and suggest some place to stay if this is "low on the list"

Thank you for any help, Tom & Pat

Sailing on the Oasis , May 10, 2014

Our 50th wedding anniversary!!

Anyone have first hand knowledge about the Hilton Marina? Good, bad?

I have stayed here before.....it has been a few years though. It was

fine. The 1 thing I do remember is I did not like the shower. It was one

of those styles that the water came down from the ceiling:rolleyes: and so

you could not adjust the shower head and the shower doors were

permanently open:eek:.......not sure if they changed both of these items

or not but for me? I did not like the set up.

We have booked this motel for our one night pre-cruise stay...I have not seen many reports about this motel....just wondering if we did not make a good choice...

Please share with us your opinion and suggest some place to stay if this is "low on the list"

Ohhhh...thought you were asking about the Holiday Inn Express on 17th Street......

sorry.......can't help with one at the airport.

Edited by Lois R

• 2 weeks later...

We booked Il Lugano Suites Hotel for a one night pre-cruise stay in May. It was recommended very well via TripAdvisor and we found a reasonable rate. On the inter-coastal waters, and also has a water taxi available. It is a little further away (from my understanding) from the Beach Hotels, but I have also heard it is a beautiful hotel. Just another option.

Hi! I stayed at this property in November. It is a decent property but there were a couple things that I would have liked to have known. The shuttle takes a very LOOONNGGG time to show up. It was about 45 mins for us to get picked up. It was about 8pm when our plane landed and we weren't anticipating the wait. The second thing is that there is no restaurant on site. They do provide another shuttle that will bring you to a sister property for their restaurant. (The food was ok but I would have preferred staying at the hotel.) BTW you also have the option of ordering delivery.

It's not bad for the price, however we are returning to Fort Lauderdale in the spring and choosing another hotel. Mostly because we want to have more amenities available to us.

Congratulations on 50 Years! We cruised in November to celebrate my in-laws 50th! What an accomplishment! ENJOY!!!!