Celebrity no longer doing brunch ??

km5377

I agree with the sentiment that the food looked much better than it tasted.

In my younger days, I quite loved a good brunch. Nowadays, I much prefer to sit down and be served my meals.

The presentation of the brunch on my Silhouette sailing last February was gorgeous. The food was average (not necessarily a bad thing, just looked so much better than it actually was).

I can't believe I'm saying this, but my absolute favorite dining experience on my cruise was Bistro on 5. I went to Quisine, Lawn Club, and ate several times in the MDR but nothing was as nice as the simple menu, sit down service, and quiet nature of Bistro. I had my first meal aboard the ship there and then ended up going every single day of the cruise.

I am looking forward to my first cowboy crepe when I board again on Feb 23!!

• 1 year later...

Hello everyone, I will be on Costellation this August, and I wanted to know if the brunch was abolished, or if they do it again .... The last time I traveled with Celebrity was in July 2013, and I liked it a lot !

Hello everyone, I will be on Costellation this August, and I wanted to know if the brunch was abolished, or if they do it again .... The last time I traveled with Celebrity was in July 2013, and I liked it a lot !

We did a B2B2B this spring, and none of those cruises featured a brunch on the last sea day. They appear to have been abolished.

My parents had wondered the same thing and had asked several different people on different celebrity ships and never really got a reason... Last week on the summit they shared a drink w/ the food beverage manager (not sure if my dad got his title correct but he was a higher up on the ship) had told him that because it was open tables of food ( no cough/sneeze guards) they were no longer allowed to have them.

I thought that brunch was gone. I always avoided the mass buffet brunch because it was chaos. Too many people pushing to get to food. If you went late, there were no seats and lots of dirty plates on tables. It was gross. After experiencing it, I have avoided it. The regular buffet is usually empty and has lots of good options for lunch. Saturday on the Summit, brunch at 10:00 am was listed on the daily sheet. The MDR was closed for breakfast and the Oceanview Cafe was listed open time was 8:00 am instead of the usual 7:00 am. We woke up early after pushing the time back an hour that night. We were hungry. Headed up to Oceanview to get coffee. Amazingly, the buffet was open with complete breakfast. We were among the few that ate there early. At 8:00 am, the crowds arrived. We told a maitr'd about the listed open time being 8:00 am. He checked and told us it was a misprint. Oceanview opens at 7:00 am all days except disembarkation when it opens earlier. We didn't go to the brunch. Our friends went and had a good time. Service was sit down with a menu and waiter service. NO BUFFET!!! Who knew? Nobody told us. If I had known, I may have gone. From what we heard, the new brunch is very nice.

Thank you all for the information, I have always gone to the Brunch at the opening, then later for breakfast and soon to be a lunch ....... So I always found very few people, and no queue .... ... I hope there is the Costelllation in August !!!

My parents had wondered the same thing and had asked several different people on different celebrity ships and never really got a reason... Last week on the summit they shared a drink w/ the food beverage manager (not sure if my dad got his title correct but he was a higher up on the ship) had told him that because it was open tables of food ( no cough/sneeze guards) they were no longer allowed to have them.

I don't believe that's the real reason.

They progressively downsized them, simplified the dishes and reduced the promotion, i.e. the midnight buffet, the chocolate buffet, the brunch buffet. If it was for health that wouldn't have changed the above, but it was just cost-cutting.

Plus we had the F&B manager last year say they did it to put the money into buying local foods...

Personally, I'd say the main reason is cutting costs and improving efficiency. You can always dress that up with other reasons - or side benefits - like the above.

Definitely no more. As you can see, this thread is from 2013, so that will tell you how long gone.

Honestly don't miss it. Was more like a zoo than dining, IMHO.:)

We had it in 2014. True it was a zoo. Having a catering company we cringed on how bad the "flow" was through the buffet. Food was good, just a terrible way on how it was set up.