Celebrity no longer doing brunch ??

km5377

we were not big fans of the late night buffet and have tired of the bruch..

.How About a chocolate lovers & dessert buffet...w/ choc fountain, make your own dessrts etc.....that could somehow be offered to both early and late seating guests. That'd be fun...they used to have them on some cruises...and lots of people enjoyed it.

Or, maybe they could combine it with the elegant tea and skip the little sandwiches!

Edited by hcat

There is a lot of interest on the topic of Brunch on Celebrity.

Here are some pictures I took while on the Silhouette in Nov 2013.

Enjoy!

http://guitar123foodandtravel.blogspot.sg/2013/12/brunch-on-celebrity-silhouette-nov-2013.html

Beautiful pictures!

Thanks.

I had a question when looking at the pictures of the iced vodka. Does anyone have any experience with whether or not that would be included if one had the beverage package?

Odd. Just off the December 14 Reflection and I don't think there was a brunch at all. I checked the dailies I kept and I don't see it listed.

Jason - They "hide" it in the Culinary Delights section of Celebrity Today! :D This was on the Connie.

BrunchListing1_zps2e5d4391.jpg

Odd. Just off the December 14 Reflection and I don't think there was a brunch at all. I checked the dailies I kept and I don't see it listed.

I am also just off that trip and did not see any brunch, and I was looking. Also, I made it a point to speak to someone (I won't say just whom but he certainly would know--let's just say he wears white working clothes and a big hat) and was told that as far as he knew the brunches are no more fleetwide at least on trips of less than 12 days or so. The reason, and this is especially so on Reflection. is that there are too many people and not enough seating in Opus so there are too many people fighting to get too few seats, and the whole thing had become a big mess and just wasn't worth it any longer. Take it FWIW. I am faithfully reporting what I heard.

The Eclipse did the brunch last week. As is are usual habit, we enjoyed a comfy time in our deck chairs (during the brunch) and then enjoyed a very nice lunch in the Lido,,, which is not so crowded during the brunch days. Although we do think the brunch looks wonderful, we never enjoyed fighting the crowds. Call us cruise ship "contrarians" because we have strategies for avoiding large crowds and queues throughout the entire cruise process.

Hank

Find this thread interesting... since I don't recall ever attending. We are similar, we avoid the crowds as much as possible. Will be on the Silhouette next October. Last cruise we did Blu, on the Eclipse, decided to simply book a balancy on the Silhoutte, we will probably do room service for breakfast and a late lunch on our balcony with a plate from the buffet. We enjoy the peace and quiet of being a sea away from the crowds. We prefer the lido to the MDR on Celebrity. I guess that is why we missed the brunch.

I am also just off that trip and did not see any brunch, and I was looking. Also, I made it a point to speak to someone (I won't say just whom but he certainly would know--let's just say he wears white working clothes and a big hat) and was told that as far as he knew the brunches are no more fleetwide at least on trips of less than 12 days or so. The reason, and this is especially so on Reflection. is that there are too many people and not enough seating in Opus so there are too many people fighting to get too few seats, and the whole thing had become a big mess and just wasn't worth it any longer. Take it FWIW. I am faithfully reporting what I heard.

The reflection has its space problems as they increased revenue space at the expense of passenger public space and seating..and this is just a manifestation of the public space/ seating issues on the reflection ( only). You got a flip answer that it's fleet wide to cover the problem with that one ship. My advice, which I follow, is to avoid the reflection.

We did a 12 day cruise on the Solstice last year and there wasn't a brunch. I just got off the Equinox yesterday and they had one. There was also one on the Summit in March.

I doubt I will bother going to them in the future as I found it very crowded and most of the food is the same stuff that you get at the oceanview cafe. My thinking is that if everyone is at the brunch I'll go to the oceanview cafe where it's quieter.

Edited by lovemylab

....and this is just a manifestation of the public space/ seating issues on the reflection ( only). You got a flip answer that it's fleet wide to cover the problem with that one ship.

Perhaps so. We will see what brunch reports come in from now and going forward from all the various ships on shorter itineraries. Pretty soon we will know what if any policy changes have been made company-wide.

Still love the brunch. But since my last two cruises, I am avoiding the chocolate fountain.

Saw and told two guys not to use the same stick OVER and OVER again to dip their fruits into chocolate. Imagine that: They were standing around the fountain, diping the entire time with the same stick.

Come on, whats the minimum IQ to make it to a ship???

Still love the brunch. But since my last two cruises, I am avoiding the chocolate fountain.

Saw and told two guys not to use the same stick OVER and OVER again to dip their fruits into chocolate. Imagine that: They were standing around the fountain, diping the entire time with the same stick.

Come on, whats the minimum IQ to make it to a ship???

I see people using their hands all the time at the buffet and now double dipping at the chocolate fountain....gross! On my last cruise, a lady was using her hands instead of the tongs at the buffet, so I told her that they will have to throw away all the food in that container away, because she contaminated it. What did she say, "I don't care, if I want to use my hands I will us my hands". The more I travel, the more people amaze me!

I see people using their hands all the time at the buffet and now double dipping at the chocolate fountain....gross! On my last cruise, a lady was using her hands instead of the tongs at the buffet, so I told her that they will have to throw away all the food in that container away, because she contaminated it. What did she say, "I don't care, if I want to use my hands I will us my hands". The more I travel, the more people amaze me!

I think I would have been tempted to spit on her plate.....

It really is amazing, isn't it? Last year on the Eclipse I was at one of the production shows, a best of Broadway sort of thing. I'd arrived early and picked a nice seat in the center. Just as the lights were dimming, a woman sat down next to me, and then, when the show started, proceeded to sing along with the actors OUT LOUD. Summoning every ounce of sweetness I could muster, I politely said, "You know, I can hear you." And she replied, "I enjoy singing along." I politely reminded her that this was not a sing-a-long and asked her to please stop. She continued to sing out loud and said this was how she had fun, and told me (not politely) that if I didn't like it, I should move. I decided that rather than create a row that would disturb others, I would move. But it took every ounce of self control that I had not to dump my drink in her lap as I climbed over her to find another seat.

It really is amazing, isn't it? Last year on the Eclipse I was at one of the production shows, a best of Broadway sort of thing. I'd arrived early and picked a nice seat in the center. Just as the lights were dimming, a woman sat down next to me, and then, when the show started, proceeded to sing along with the actors OUT LOUD. Summoning every ounce of sweetness I could muster, I politely said, "You know, I can hear you." And she replied, "I enjoy singing along." I politely reminded her that this was not a sing-a-long and asked her to please stop. She continued to sing out loud and said this was how she had fun, and told me (not politely) that if I didn't like it, I should move. I decided that rather than create a row that would disturb others, I would move. But it took every ounce of self control that I had not to dump my drink in her lap as I climbed over her to find another seat.

I would have said "what is that terrible noise. Where is it comming from, is it the speakers. Someone should tell them - it is truly horrible". But I'm the one that says as someone leaves the ladies room without washing their hands "disgusting, I can't believe people don't wash their hands after using the restroom".

They always say that two wrongs don't make a right but sometimes it seems as if it is required. I had the same issue a couple of times in the theater. You get there early for a seat and then someone sits next to you that is really annoying. They come in drenched in breath taking cheap perfume, talk constantly during the show, or sing along when it is not requested by the performer.

That is when you wish that the stomach gases would rally start acting up and you could lay a few bombs on them. 💨

.🎅🎄

My opinion,

Given the OP's comments relate to Solstice, this could simply be a ''market taste'' issue. Perhaps a largely Australian/ NewZealanders guests base is not too ''big on brunches'' , ; those views were perhaps reflected over the recent weeks and Celebrity is simply reacting..

After all, various posters have indicated the ''brunch '' event is still on , on other sailings and ships.

Cheers

Don't think it's got much to do with passenger demographics.

We were on the first sailing of the Solstice's Australia season (Oct 23), looking forward to the brunch (we had experienced it last year as the Solstice sailed to Sydney). As there were some health concerns on that sailing (we only had 3 days of self-service at the buffet), they did not hold the brunch.

We returned to the Solstice for the Dec 10 sailing and mentioned to the Assistant Maitre'D that we hoped brunch would return, he stated that it had been discontinued (thought he said fleet-wide) for health reasons.

Here are a couple of shots I took last December on the Solstice

DSC09497.JPG

DSC09498.JPG

DSC09474.JPG

DSC09478.JPG

We are just off the Infinity and there was a buffet. As usual, our waiter told us about it and it's not highlighted in the daily. It just says 'brunch' under the MDR hours instead.

I like it because I never wake up early enough for the MDR breakfast (it's vacation!) so at least once on the cruise I can get eggs benedict! The most recent one had some other treats like English bangers, and mini filets, and of course the cream puff swans!

I enjoy taking photos of the lovely buffet presentations before the mob arrives, but I am also put off by the lack of basic hygiene I observe by some guests (e.g., using hands instead of tongs, reusing plates, coughing on the food, etc.). :(

Brunch used to be walk in, they now must seat ,to control the crowds...

Yes you can go to ocean café get most the same stuff but not the chocolate fountain, the deserts were limited, or not available at breakfast. and some of the lunches as well.

Some love crowds, some do not want crowds, some want breakfast only, some want lunch only, not about.........:D

Had brunch on eclipse nov 30th. I wish we hadn't attended people acted like they hadn't eaten in days. It was really crowded and people were reusing plates and eating off their plates while waiting for more food. We won't do it again

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app