Celebrity no longer doing brunch ??

km5377

We just got off a 12-night voyage on the Solstice and were informed that Celebrity stopped doing their massive brunch about three cruises prior. The dining room manager believed that it was fleet wide.

For those of you who don’t know – the brunch was Celebrity’s “midnight buffet” of sorts with every food imaginable. It look the entire main dining room. Let’s hope this is just temporary as the sea-day brunch was something that we always looked forward too.

That would be fine with me. Every Gala brunch I have been to was kind of like a feeding, rather than a meal. I only hope that they re-open the dining room for a a sit down lunch, at least on Brunch day.

Agreed; I hate crowds and would rather a sit-down lunch than a buffet any day. The gala buffet on my last X cruise was rather "meh" so I won't miss it if they really are doing away with it.

Agreed; I hate crowds and would rather a sit-down lunch than a buffet any day. The gala buffet on my last X cruise was rather "meh" so I won't miss it if they really are doing away with it.

I agree with your comments. On our last celebrity cruise (April 2013 equinox) the brunch and the elite tea were just fair. In fact, after that cruise my husband decided he never wanted dinner in Blu . Maybe the food was just fair fleet wide

Back on topic-the gala buffet was not very good. Plus, the way folks attacked the food was a bit disgusting.

M

Back on topic-the gala buffet was not very good. Plus, the way folks attacked the food was a bit disgusting.

M

On our last cruise, it was really disgusting. People were taking food with their hands and putting some back. Coming back with dirty plates and taking more food. Then people wonder why people get sick on the ship. I would rather take my chances with the crew preparing and serving food.

We won't miss the brunch. Have not attended one in years. You would think people hadn't eaten in days the way the tables were attacked, and you know that isn't the case at the end of a cruise. It seems very wasteful when the upstairs buffet is also fully stocked.:confused:

I am finding the comments about the last sea day brunch very interesting. It is nice to know that my husband and I are not alone in our opinions about it. The last several years we have done three or four cruises each year, and haven't attended the brunch since a TA on the Constellation in 2010. We find them to be feeding frenzies, and had to smile when I real the comment by jusmadmema because when we attended the one in 2010 I kept thinking that these folks just can't be hungry given the tremendous amount of food in front of us on a ship!

There was one on the 2nd to last day on the Nov 30 Eclipse sailing. Nothing special. The only surprises were probably for those passengers that took the champaign and found that there was a charge. Found the crowd to be rather civilized and not as bad as what I had experienced in the past.

Wouldn't miss it if it was discontinued. Not the high lite of the cruise.

.🎅🎄

The Eclipse did the brunch last week. As is are usual habit, we enjoyed a comfy time in our deck chairs (during the brunch) and then enjoyed a very nice lunch in the Lido,,, which is not so crowded during the brunch days. Although we do think the brunch looks wonderful, we never enjoyed fighting the crowds. Call us cruise ship "contrarians" because we have strategies for avoiding large crowds and queues throughout the entire cruise process.

Hank

Wow guess we were lucky then on Nov 30th 2013's cruise Dec 12th 2013 brunch was a real dream!

Hoping not so true next year, but I will say this if you did not pay attention at lst nights show, you will never know there was a brunch. Being mentioned by a few oh did you hear about brunch, we said no, I said yes I seen the sign but did not hear any mention.....

I tell ya, Bagel and lox upstairs did it for me!

not so crowded if asked, and do not go at peak hour, the killer was no ice carving outdoors boo hoo hoo, or was I elsewhere?

30ksqhz.jpg

9fme7d.jpg

Edited by fishycomics

I too am glad to find I'm not alone in being underwhelmed with the brunch. It's a feeding frenzy with a lot of food that looks much nicer than it actually turns out to be, plus it's just such a big hassle to be able to sit down anywhere. On our TA on the Infinity last month, the brunch was at the end of a two-week cruise, and I remember looking at the food and thinking I just don't even want to eat this food anymore.

(But I do agree with the comment above that those chocolate covered ice cream balls were great!:))

Edited by Turtles06

Agree with Keesar but will miss the chocolate fountain with the ice cream balls for dipping.

We were on the Reflection in April and they were lined up with more then a 1/2 hour wait to get in. We did not find the mob scene very pleasant or enjoyable. Would love some of the brunch fancy desserts served on formal nights:)

Geez, im sitting at SFO on my way to Sydney to meet the Solstice, for my first Celebrity cruise. I was looking forward to a brunch.... But given the comments, i think i will run to the opposite side of the ship...

Please GO and obsesrve for yourself. Many naysayers have been on dozens of cruises and these might be old hat to them. We just completed the Equinox TA in early December. this wasn't our first and surely will not be the last. People painting everyone with a wide paintbrush do a major disservice. Not once did any of us see any behaviors like what were described in this thread. Everyone was polite and everyone used utensils. At many of the food stations, people are served and don't grab for themselves.But then again, you can read any thread about the buffet and find the same complaints.

People often state this special brunch is just like the buffet. NOT. At least on our last two cruises there were special idshes that were prepared and sever meat carvings. The roast they served was to die for.

Please go and see the brunch. The chef was thee, went table to table and talked with people about the food. He commented that his staff had worked throughout the night to make sure everything was ready. To this, I applaud them. My suggestion is to get there early before the crowds hit

Frankly anyone who can't find a substitute for one day in the MDR for lunch needs to get a life.

Edited by d4m