Britannia new interior video - How does she compare with the Royal?

need2cruisesoon

All, this is one gorgeous ship.

Dave, will you sail her next year?

We all cruise for different reasons, have different tastes in what we like, and although we can appreciate something as being 'pretty' or 'nice', it may not be our choice in how we vacation or travel. Just like I can see how the Solstice-class ships of Celebrity and the Vista-class ships of Holland-America are attractive, I really have no desire to cruise them. It may be just one thing, or a combination of things, but we choose off of list of things we want to accomplish while on a cruise, and those ships just don't fit the bill for me.

Same goes for Britannia. It is a nice looking ship (as far as the interior decor is concerned), but really not my cup of tea. It just seems to lack something, some spark that makes me want to sail in her. There are many others I'd choose ahead of her, even if she was based out of a US port.

So, to answer your question, no, I personally won't be cruising Britannia.

We all cruise for different reasons, have different tastes in what we like, and although we can appreciate something as being 'pretty' or 'nice', it may not be our choice in how we vacation or travel. Just like I can see how the Solstice-class ships of Celebrity and the Vista-class ships of Holland-America are attractive, I really have no desire to cruise them.

Weren't you on the Celebrity boards not that long ago trying to decide between Reflection and Regal?

Weren't you on the Celebrity boards not that long ago trying to decide between Reflection and Regal?

Yup, that was me. I was trying to pry myself away from my addiction to wanting to sail the Royal-class ships, which for me has just about all the perfect combinations of things I personally like. I wanted to see if I could expand my horizons a little. I also wanted to try and pick a ship sailing out of Miami, just so I wouldn't have to see a Royal-class ship from the distance and regret having chosen another ship. You know, being on one ship and wishing you could be on the one across the pier from you instead. When all was said and done, although the Celebrity Reflection is a nice looking ship albeit a bit sterile, it lacks a lot of what I enjoy. And as hard as I tried to want to sail those ships, I still can't bring myself to actually want to book one.

So the choice was not so much a real choice between two ships, just an attempt to see if someone could actually talk me out of Regal Princess. And it failed. I've also looked at the Norwegian Getaway, Norwegian Breakaway, Carnival Breeze, and Oasis of the Seas among others. I still keep coming back to the Regal Princess as my first choice.

Yup, that was me. I was trying to pry myself away from my addiction to wanting to sail the Royal-class ships, which for me has just about all the perfect combinations of things I personally like. I wanted to see if I could expand my horizons a little. I also wanted to try and pick a ship sailing out of Miami, just so I wouldn't have to see a Royal-class ship from the distance and regret having chosen another ship. You know, being on one ship and wishing you could be on the one across the pier from you instead. When all was said and done, although the Celebrity Reflection is a nice looking ship albeit a bit sterile, it lacks a lot of what I enjoy. And as hard as I tried to want to sail those ships, I still can't bring myself to actually want to book one.

So the choice was not so much a real choice between two ships, just an attempt to see if someone could actually talk me out of Regal Princess. And it failed. I've also looked at the Norwegian Getaway, Norwegian Breakaway, Carnival Breeze, and Oasis of the Seas among others. I still keep coming back to the Regal Princess as my first choice.

Two more months and we're on our first Solstice class ship. Looking forward to trying them.

I know exactly what you mean about looking longingly at another ship. We felt that way in every port when we did Alaska on HAL...there was always a Princess ship in with us which I would have gladly moved to.

Edited by Cruise Junky

Two more months and we're on our first Solstice class ship. Looking forward to trying them.

I know exactly what you mean about looking longingly at another ship. We felt that way in every port when we did Alaska on HAL...there was always a Princess ship in with us which I would have gladly moved to.

I have cruising friends who swear by the Solstice-class ships, return to them every chance they get. I'm sure the experience is going to be amazing for you. I really enjoyed the time I spent on the Celebrity Millennium in Dec. 2013 and much prefer this class of ship over the Sotstice-class. But to each his own. And even though the Britannia is a Royal-class ship, it just doesn't quite 'do it' for me. It's nice to have so many choices. Something for everyone. ;)

For those of you from across the pond who are interested in sailing on Britannia, you may want to have a browse of the new Britannia website.

http://britannia.pocruises.com/britannia/

Nice website. Thanks for posting the link.....:):):)

Edited by Woobstr112G

We all cruise for different reasons, have different tastes in what we like, and although we can appreciate something as being 'pretty' or 'nice', it may not be our choice in how we vacation or travel. Just like I can see how the Solstice-class ships of Celebrity and the Vista-class ships of Holland-America are attractive, I really have no desire to cruise them. It may be just one thing, or a combination of things, but we choose off of list of things we want to accomplish while on a cruise, and those ships just don't fit the bill for me.

Same goes for Britannia. It is a nice looking ship (as far as the interior decor is concerned), but really not my cup of tea. It just seems to lack something, some spark that makes me want to sail in her. There are many others I'd choose ahead of her, even if she was based out of a US port.

So, to answer your question, no, I personally won't be cruising Britannia.

Then everybody here on CC know you are a Royal Princess person naturally you prefer her to Britannia interior.:) Edited by kruisey

Look at these pics of the Britannia in the Fincantieri shipyard.

If you look very closely you might see another ship in the background....you wanna take a stab and guess what ship that is?

1655857_10152191849805782_1836642848_n.jpg

1962810_10152191849640782_2037741339_n.jpg

Do you think the P&O people were given a tour of the other ship while at the shipyard?

Dave;

Where, I don't see it.....:confused:

Bob

You can't see it because it is or looks like its built on the deck of the ship.

If you study this photo and look straight up to a brown square at the back of the ship my guess is that is the aft pool. Looks more like a a very large hot tub which is quite disappointing if that is the case.

2871bf05-4979-43ce-969f-4b9f600b149a.jpg

You can't see it because it is or looks like its built on the deck of the ship.

If you study this photo and look straight up to a brown square at the back of the ship my guess is that is the aft pool. Looks more like a a very large hot tub which is quite disappointing if that is the case.

2871bf05-4979-43ce-969f-4b9f600b149a.jpg

In looking at the artist rendering, I might have to agree. It definitely won't be a terrace pool.....:(:(:(

Bob