Sabitinis for breakfast

Cruise Raider

We've only had a suite once, and I have only one suggestion for Sabatinis breakfast. The service is so good from everyone that there should be a way to tip them all - perhaps an up-scale;) equivalent of a tip jar.

We have always tipped them daily by simply leaving $$ on the table. No need for envelopes or other methods.

Mike:)

Can you still get a Bloody Mary instead of the Mimosa? We were able to do this back in 2010 but have not been in a suite since then. we will be on the Ruby in April in a suite to celebrate DW's full remission, so was wondering if they still offered this option.

Can you still get a Bloody Mary instead of the Mimosa? We were able to do this back in 2010 but have not been in a suite since then. we will be on the Ruby in April in a suite to celebrate DW's full remission, so was wondering if they still offered this option.

Sadly no. I reported many times on being able to get a BM instead of the Mimosa; but have not had any luck in the last 3 cruises.

My wife and I are sailing on the Emerald Prince 18 January 2014 and staying in a Suite for the first time. Is there a "dress code" for Sabatini's? Being most mornings one will be headed on an excursion, it doesn't seem feasible to "dress up" only to change later. Thanks

Brian

My wife and I are sailing on the Emerald Prince 18 January 2014 and staying in a Suite for the first time. Is there a "dress code" for Sabatini's? Being most mornings one will be headed on an excursion, it doesn't seem feasible to "dress up" only to change later. Thanks

Brian

Absolutely not. Casual is fine as most passengers are leaving the ship for a shorex shortly after dining.

Enjoy!

Brian

No need to dress up. I wore shorts and a t-shirt a couple of mornings. However, they might turn away people that show up just in swimsuits.

Jackie

Normally don't get a full suite, but couldn't resist the $100% fare back

That was my only fear about that promotion (which didn't work out for us anyway): once we tried a full suite, could we ever go back to the affordable cabins? ;)

Sorry, not trying to thread jack. I have head the '100% fare back' mentioned several times but do not know what it is? Is it on the Princess website?

Doug

Certain short cruises (3,4 days) in January in from Port Everglades and from California will provide a future cruise credit in the amount of the fare paid less taxes/fees.

This credit must be used on any Princess cruise of 7 days or mroe in 2014.

Yes, it is on the Princess web site.

The number of cabins still available on these cruises is limited.

Probably my favorite suite perk too. It's a great way to start the day. Normally, only a few tables are full. Great meal. The Eggs Benedict and the french toast are at the top of my list. We tip on the last day breakfast is served.

Probably my favorite suite perk too. It's a great way to start the day. Normally, only a few tables are full. Great meal. The Eggs Benedict and the french toast are at the top of my list. We tip on the last day breakfast is served.

I totally agree. Best suite perk by far. Food is over the top good and the service is outstanding. I always tip at the end of the cruise.....:):):)

Bob

• 3 weeks later...
Just a quick question, we are trying a suite for the first time and I wondered if the daily breakfast specials that are available in the dining room also available at Sabatini's or is it just their standard menu ?

thanks

Yes, you can ask for anything you want.

Just a quick question, we are trying a suite for the first time and I wondered if the daily breakfast specials that are available in the dining room also available at Sabatini's or is it just their standard menu ?

thanks

There's a suite hang tag menu that you can put out on the doorknob. It has a few extra items. They, also, have two daily breakfast specials. You can always call room service and ask for something and they will accommodate.

I am not a morning eater, so the breakfast at Sabatini's wasn't as special to me as others. I did make myself go a few times just for the experience. Service was outstanding and they do make you feel very special. Loved the fresh squeezed orange juice and they made me very nice egg white omelets. I did try the brioche French toast once and it was good. I tipped at the end of the cruise.

On our last trip in Nov Sabatinis was open from 0730-1000 when at sea and 0700-1000 on port days. Sometime there are small changes to dining hours depending on the ship but this is what we had 2 months ago on the Golden.

As to upsells. The cruise line may make you an offer to move to a higher grade of cabin for a fixed price. The offer can be substantially cheaper than if you had booked the better cabin in the first case. You are under no obligation to accept the offer. This is not an upgrade which may be offered free of charge. Princess has been moving more to the upsell option of late. The big thing to note here is that they come to you with the offer. You don't go to them. The number of offers, if any, on any sailing will vary depending on what is available, what has sold out, requests from passengers to get things like adjoining cabins and alike.

Edited by Gunner22aa

• 2 weeks later...

Too bad it is for full suite passengers only....but I guess that really makes sense. I will probably never experience it as I prefer to cruise more often instead of one cruise in a very special room. But...I should never say never! There is always the lottery. :D

Here is the menu:

100_0099_zpsedb4e25f.jpg

100_0100_zps1089e849.jpg

And my very favorite was the poached egg over roasted potatoes with holandaise sauce. Ordered a side of bacon and it seemed that they brought an entire side of a pig.

100_0102_zps3c808431.jpg

The Hubster asked for corned beef hash and that was provided any day he wanted it:

100_0101_zps0574668f.jpg

The Hubster also had the yogurt parfait every morning. When we sailed the Sapphire a couple of months later they had the same parfait in the IC.

100_0150_zps76d709c7.jpg

Bagel and lox with cream cheese:

100_0151_zps2acfa9c9.jpg

My off-menu request for scrambled eggs with lox and onions:

100_0152_zps3f576244.jpg