LAFFNVEGAS Live From the Gelukkig Nieuwjaar Cruise on the MS Veendam

LAFFNVEGAS

I'm so happy that you are having such a wonderful time with my favorite captain. We've had him twice and just have the most immense respect for Captain Bos as a captain and a person.

Our Zuiderdam toilet was high, since we are reporting on such matters. We were in 7016 if that matters:)

Edited by shrimp56

Hi

I just read my last post I hope I did not offend any one when I said about cruising every day of the year.

happy new Year

Mary

:) Mary' date='

You are never offensive.....

and Happy New Year to you, as well.

[/b']

Edited by sail7seas

In case I do not came back in today I want to wish all my CC Friends a very Happy Safe healthy and Prosperous New Year as we start New Years Day off at one of our favorite places which is Panchos in Mazatlan.

8egudany.jpgudydenem.jpgze2y7ebe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy New Year to Tom and you.

I am so happy for you that Tom got well enough after open heart surgery that you were able to take this cruise.

May you both have great health this coming year.

Happy New Year to Tom and you.

I am so happy for you that Tom got well enough after open heart surgery that you were able to take this cruise.

May you both have great health this coming year.

That margarita looks good.. I have the makings here so will make one before & after dinner. All the Best in 2014.:)

Hey Lisa; greets from Nieuw A'dam and a Happy New Year to Tom and you! If you see him, tell Captain Pieter I said hi and ask him if he's seen any bears in Mexico ;)

Ha ha! He was amazing at finding them in Alaska. We were lucky enough to have him as our captain a second time on Veendam. He is the best.

I am trying to remember if we have ever sailed with Captain Bos I can already tell he is great. While serious he does try to lighten things by what he says. He reminds me so much of Captain Frans Consen.

Life Boat drill is indeed done several missing so wonder if they will kick them off.

Let the New Years Cruise Begin!!!

Signing off from the Beautiful MS Veendam :)

Lisa:

Captain BOS used to be on the Volendam. He swapped places with one of the British captains. Let me tell you, Pieter Bos is one of the best Captains I have come across. He is one Captain that keeps you inside every chance he gets while going to Alaska and coming back from Alaska. I also noticed that the whole crew was "sky-high" when he was the Captain. The crew just loves that man. You are blest to have him as your Master. By the way I am enjoying your posts. Hope Tom gets up on that threadmill on nine.

Happy New Year!

Capt. Bos was on our Voyage of the Vikings cruise last summer and did a wonderful job of informing us every step of the way. He reported every effort to get into one port in Greenland and he just seemed to try so hard at every turn. I'd say he was about the best capt. I've ever had and that's on almost 800 days of cruising n 39 ships.

Capt. Bos was on our Voyage of the Vikings cruise last summer and did a wonderful job of informing us every step of the way. He reported every effort to get into one port in Greenland and he just seemed to try so hard at every turn. I'd say he was about the best capt. I've ever had and that's on almost 800 days of cruising n 39 ships.

We boarded Veendam the day you left and that was Captain Bos last cruise before his vacation. A number of Viking cruisers stayed aboard for that little 7 day Boston to Boston cruise.

Wednesday January 1, 2014

Happy New Year from Puerta Vallarta. Tom and I did make past midnight and totally enjoyed celebrating bringing in the New Year. What we did was go to the late 10pm show who was a ver funny comedian named Derrick Cameron then just stayed there for the New Years Party. HAL provided the noise makers and trust me many of the passengers provided the entertainment ;)

buge8u3a.jpgtyjuqysu.jpgu7yneve2.jpgry4ybady.jpg

One cruel thing HAL did do was move the clocks ahead one hour because of being in Puerta Vallarta today so we lost an hour of sleep. In all the many times we did this run on the Oosterdam we never once changed the time for PV. Now tonight we will probably gain back that hour because we have yet another hour to gain back before San Diego.

Today we are heading to The Blue Shrimp for lunch to their beach location.

Signing off from the Beautiful and Elegant MS Veendam in Puerta Vallarta Mexico on New Years Day.

Looks like a very nice time Lisa :) Happy New Year's Day to you and Tom :)

I was wondering about your Canaletto reservation - could you have given it to someone (if you knew someone) if you had wanted? It seems a shame it couldn't have been changed for you.

Happy New Year to you and your husband. So happy that you are both enjoying your cruise and stayed up past midnight!

Enjoy your lunch-don't get sunburned:)

Happy New Year to you too :)

Unfortunately it is a rather over cast day in PV

We are enjoying a great view and great lunch at The Blue Shrimp on the Beach.tehagusy.jpg

dedubyva.jpg

Lisa and Tom thank you for taking me and the CC along with you. I want to wish every one A happy New Year. SAfe travels to all. The weather has been really nasty all over the world. We In Ma are getting a snow storm tonight every time I listen to news the total amount is getting higher.

Mary