walk around with your own drink

Can you make a drink in your room and walk around with it or can you take it with you to the pool or to a show?

I doubt if anyone would stop you. People often bring their own beverages to the MDR and at most your waiter will ask if you want more ice.

If there's a policy against it such as bringing a beverage into a show, it would be posted at the entrance.

The ultimate answer is the cruise lines policy.

I doubt if anyone would stop you. People often bring their own beverages to the MDR and at most your waiter will ask if you want more ice.

If there's a policy against it such as bringing a beverage into a show, it would be posted at the entrance.

The ultimate answer is the cruise lines policy.

Exactly. I know on DCL you are not supposed to drink your brought onboard alcohol in the public areas (posted on the website and onboard), but there are many "it doesn't mean my drink" people onboard.

First, the RCI carry on alcohol policy is 2 bottles of wine only per stateroom at 750 ml each at original embarkation only. That being said, that wine can be carried by the glass and consumed anywhere on board. Your wine bottle can travel as well as long as you do not take it to a venue that serves alcohol as you may be subject to a $25 corkage fee for the bottle there. You can carry ship purchased alcohol drinks anywhere on board as well.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

On our last cruise we bought a bottle from Bon Voyage and as soon as we boarded we ordered two drinks in the CCL souvenir cup and from then on I used those cups to mix our drinks in our cabin. I would walk back to the cabin from wherever we were and make drinks when we needed them. Helped me work off some of the extra calories I was ingesting on the cruise:).