Things I Don't Like!

pingpong1

Hello Everyone! A New Year has begun and we have all just been entertained (or really "torqued off") by two threads seemingly populated by those who really, really don't like smokers, former-smokers, all forms of "smoking" (however we might define that), any accomodations made for smokers who are cruising within close proximity of non-smokers, and....people who live in Washington State and Oklahoma (God bless them!).

It occured to me that we've been limiting ourselves far too narrowly and that a more wide-ranging discussion might be more theraputic and cathartic. So I'm starting this new thread (not wanting to be accused of being "off topic") and seek to broaden the discussion to ALL traits that could be exhibited by any or all of my fellow cruisers - which would/and does "ruin my day"!

This should not be considered, by any means, to be my final or all-inclusive list of obnoxious traits I don't like! :) Please feel free to add your own:

Snobby people (using my own definition - but you KNOW who you are!); People who don't bathe regularly; people who don't launder or dryclean their cloths on a regular basis; people with bad breath; obnoxious children; parents of obnoxious children; the former and current Mayor of New York City, along with the 80% of NYC residents who have a compulsion to tell ME how I should live; warm coca-cola; hot tea (really, any form of tea!); bragging and boastful people; people who DON'T like cats -"Meow"; people who flatulate in public; people who belch in public; people who sit down to eat with a ballcap on; people who can't seem to "function" without an IPhone or IPad within arm's reach; people who use a restroom and then don't wash their hands (Yuk!); people who use funny words like "whilst" and "amongst"; people who criticize my country - or anyone's country, for that matter!; people who use their fingers at a buffet table; people who reserve 5 chairs at poolside - and then never really use them; people who are unkind to animals; people who are in (NOT "amongst") the top 5% of the world's income bracket yet won't drop a dollar into the Salvation Army kettle; People who seem to "hate" smokers rather than feeling sympathy and understanding for their addiction to a STILL LEGAL product (and No, I'm NOT a smoker - Okay, I confess to the occasional cigar - but only on a Regent Cruise! :D)

So there's my beginning list of things I don't like. Any additions?

((Host Dan - Hopefully I didn't break any rules)) :confused:

Hello Everyone! A New Year has begun and we have all just been entertained (or really "torqued off") by two threads seemingly populated by those who really, really don't like smokers, former-smokers, all forms of "smoking" (however we might define that), any accomodations made for smokers who are cruising within close proximity of non-smokers, and....people who live in Washington State and Oklahoma (God bless them!).

It occured to me that we've been limiting ourselves far too narrowly and that a more wide-ranging discussion might be more theraputic and cathartic. So I'm starting this new thread (not wanting to be accused of being "off topic") and seek to broaden the discussion to ALL traits that could be exhibited by any or all of my fellow cruisers - which would/and does "ruin my day"!

This should not be considered, by any means, to be my final or all-inclusive list of obnoxious traits I don't like! :) Please feel free to add your own:

Snobby people (using my own definition - but you KNOW who you are!); People who don't bathe regularly; people who don't launder or dryclean their cloths on a regular basis; people with bad breath; obnoxious children; parents of obnoxious children; the former and current Mayor of New York City, along with the 80% of NYC residents who have a compulsion to tell ME how I should live; warm coca-cola; hot tea (really, any form of tea!); bragging and boastful people; people who DON'T like cats -"Meow"; people who flatulate in public; people who belch in public; people who sit down to eat with a ballcap on; people who can't seem to "function" without an IPhone or IPad within arm's reach; people who use a restroom and then don't wash their hands (Yuk!); people who use funny words like "whilst" and "amongst"; people who criticize my country - or anyone's country, for that matter!; people who use their fingers at a buffet table; people who reserve 5 chairs at poolside - and then never really use them; people who are unkind to animals; people who are in (NOT "amongst") the top 5% of the world's income bracket yet won't drop a dollar into the Salvation Army kettle; People who seem to "hate" smokers rather than feeling sympathy and understanding for their addiction to a STILL LEGAL product (and No, I'm NOT a smoker - Okay, I confess to the occasional cigar - but only on a Regent Cruise! :D)

Why don't you tell us how you really feel..:D

Still giggling over this one........too funny! Although you did a pretty good job of listing things you don't like, I could add a few......

People who storm the elevator before the other folks have had a chance to get out.

People who chew with their mouths open

People who say "ooooo, how can you eat that?"

People who bump into you (hard), look you in the eye, and not say "excuse me".....

People with no sense of humor.... (IMHO, there's a lot of them on this board!)

"Wife beater" tee shirts on men along with any men's pants being worn below the waist and exposing underwear......

Give me a little time and I'll think of more.....just getting rolling here!

Love it.

A few more: men who leave the toilet seat up (or worse, leave it down and damp--ick), chair hogs at the pool who act all offense when you move their stuff even though they haven't been there in three hours, people who try to take more than the allotted amount of carry on luggage on a plane, people who are in a long checkout line then can't find their wallet or decide how they want to pay, smokers who are either unaware of how foul they smell or don't then come in and stink up my office, people who are mean to animals.

Mudhen/Rachael - You both hit some "good ones" that I had forgotten about on my list! ("open mouth eaters" and people who want to carry their whole house onboard the plane as "carry on"). But Rachael - Why, oh why can't women put the seat "back up" when they're finished?! Happy New Year to all.

a serious but then again a not so serious thread....one we can have fun with. Thanks pingpong for starting! One of the most offensive was on our last voyage to Alaska. Thank goodness for cooler weather in this neck of the woods. We were clustered around our lifeboat. I noticed a peculiar odor and finally narrowed the scent down to a gentleman standing right beside me. No telling how long it had been since the guy had run a shower over his body. I would have gladly presented him with a gift of deodorant, if I'd had one in my purse, and coyly dropped it in his pocket. Do you really think he would know what it was for?? Oh well, I never laid eyes on him again but I pitied their poor stewards!

One of my biggest pet peeves are hoity-toity people. Who on earth wears tons of gold jewelry and makeup just to sit and visit around the pool deck/bar grill? Luckily I have only run into several of those ladies!

I'm ready to hear others' stories :D

a serious but then again a not so serious thread....one we can have fun with. Thanks pingpong for starting! One of the most offensive was on our last voyage to Alaska. Thank goodness for cooler weather in this neck of the woods. We were clustered around our lifeboat. I noticed a peculiar odor and finally narrowed the scent down to a gentleman standing right beside me. No telling how long it had been since the guy had run a shower over his body. I would have gladly presented him with a gift of deodorant, if I'd had one in my purse, and coyly dropped it in his pocket. Do you really think he would know what it was for?? Oh well, I never laid eyes on him again but I pitied their poor stewards!

One of my biggest pet peeves are hoity-toity people. Who on earth wears tons of gold jewelry and makeup just to sit and visit around the pool deck/bar grill? Luckily I have only run into several of those ladies!

I'm ready to hear others' stories :D

That is why I moved out of that glass house along time ago and removed the stones;)

Annoying habits of others....mmmmmmmm, let me see.

Wearing ball/cowboy hats indoors in restaurants or in lounges (maybe that's why there are so many bald men).

Persons(especially on cruise ships) who feel they are "intitled" to be treated special.

And last but not least, persons who chew gum in public....I only wish they could see how they really look:

"A gum chewing girl and a cud chewing cow--

Both look alike, yet different somehow.

Ah, yes, I have it now;

It's the contented look on the face of the cow."

Thank god I do not do any of the above, ergo: I must be perfect!... Ya, right!

Thanks pingpong1 for brightening up a cold winter day.

People who lean their airplane seat all the back right after take off and leave it that way the WHOLE trip.

Hogs of airplane seat arms.....the middle person deserves one.

The person on the bulkhead trying to put their carryon under their seat which is where my carryon goes.

Kids kicking my seat.

I think I have flying issues😳.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

Pingpong1

Thank you I love it. I do smoke but I find that some individuals have habits that are truly disgusting and harmful to the entire ship. Again love your comment. :):):)

Edited by lovetocruiserccl

Never understood why the chairs in La Veranda are so big yet special dining area is so small…..no explanations please…just another pet peeve in trying to maneuver my way to a table!

Going to any restaurant and being seated next to a family with a crying child or getting in the shortest line at the bank which ends up taking the longest time. I must be Type-A :confused:

Edited by Lvtocruize2

OMG! - I can't believe all the great responses from so many folks! Lighthearted, not directed at one particular person (yes/no?), but also "dead on" with many of the observations - especially the one about the person who likes to "recline their head" into your soup on the plane...along with "the kid" who insists on kicking the back of my seat from PHX all the way to IAD!

However, I'm not quite sure how it is even possible to NOT pay "enough" attention to a cat? I thought we were put on earth to do their "bidding" and to be their "wait staff"! :)

Best Regards to all.

My cat is "she who must be obeyed". If I don't pay her enough attention, she puts her teeth on me, not enough to be a bite, but just to let me know.

My cat does that too, but not to get attention, rather to express affection (at least I think!) Hmm, on second thought, with a cat, that's probably the same thing, lol!

Edited by Wendy The Wanderer

I don't like people who berate there server or room steward or sommelier just to feel they have power over them and when they do get everything the want they leave a crappy tip.

My cat is "she who must be obeyed". If I don't pay her enough attention, she puts her teeth on me, not enough to be a bite, but just to let me know.

Rachel G I feel your pain. I love it when your reading your tablet (formally a book) and they have to lay on it while your reading it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app