MS Eurodam,Nieuw Amsterdam, Prisendam Sail-Away, Jan. 5, 2014

aliaschief

I will probably be home by sail away and will try to remember. Hard to believe they waited for two passengers. There must have been many who missed their ships in the past few days.

Captain Mercer sounded irritated - at one point, said he was going to wait 6 or 7 minutes and that was it. Luckily, they made it. It is the beginning of the World Cruise - what a way to start that voyage!

I will probably be home by sail away and will try to remember. Hard to believe they waited for two passengers. There must have been many who missed their ships in the past few days.

I wonder if they were using HAL's air.

Roy

Going to try to be here. Too bad the P'dam is sailing late.

Sounds like another ice storm is coming, so of course, my statement is contingent on having power and Master Marley's feeding time.

I see we have another two-part sailaway today. I should be here for both. With all the drama on the late sailing last night, will have to see if there is any for Prinsendam.

Listening to the chatter, someone just said they were missing two people. Is that for zeroing out the count before the new pax are let on?

And that awful noise has to stop or I will have to turn off the sound!

We are a happy lot, aren't we? I hadn't thought about it but you are right.

Hey, you're still here? Don't you have somewhere better to be, like on a world cruise or something?:D (This face is green with envy for a reason!)

I'm so happy my computer is working today! I guess it just needed a good night's rest. Although the PEW is being really slooow changing cameras. Anyone else? Perhaps it's just me. At least Lou and Dave have tweeted the schedules - I see Prinsendam is 11 p.m. Another late one!

Wouldn't he have had to wait until they boarded then? Or, just pay their way to the next port of call?

I think you're right, but they would just have to take care of the bills. If traveling independently, I'm really surprised they waited at all.

I have asked about it on the roll call (There's only one for the entire WC. I don't know if anybody on board is still following the roll call, but I think it's worth a shot.)

Roy

Jacqui, good luck with the power.

Hey, you're still here? Don't you have somewhere better to be, like on a world cruise or something?:D (This face is green with envy for a reason!)

I leave Tuesday morning. Big suitcases packed and ready to go so I have time for my sailaway addiction!

Thanks for the reminder. I will probably be here, but feeling like death warmed over this morning with strep throat. And it's a beautiful sunny day, I'm champing to get outside again.:( The weather forecast is back to rain, showers, heavy rain etc etc for the rest of the week. Still, at least we don't have to shovel it.;)

Thanks for the reminder. I will probably be here, but feeling like death warmed over this morning with strep throat. And it's a beautiful sunny day, I'm champing to get outside again.:( The weather forecast is back to rain, showers, heavy rain etc etc for the rest of the week. Still, at least we don't have to shovel it.;)

Sorry you're not feeling well. Take care of yourself. We have freezing rain here today, so I'll be home and watching. My friend who lives in Delray Beach, FA says it's a beautiful day there.

Thanks for the reminder. I will probably be here, but feeling like death warmed over this morning with strep throat.

Ugh! I hope you have something to take for it. Nothing like a restful HAL sailaway or three to perk you up!

Asked this question last night with no reply. Why on World cruise,Amsterdam yesterday and Prisendam today is est. sail time 11:00 PM?

Loading extra supplies? Extra time for passengers traveling from around the world? Just the way it is?

Is there a special event on first night World Cruises?

Edited by aliaschief