How long after dinner in MDR do you change clothes?

pseudoware

Do you rock your formal or smart casual gear late into the night, or are you one who can't wait to change immediately after throwing down the Tiramisu and Grand Marnier.

My first after-dinner stop is always our cabin where I'm comfortably back in shorts and flip flops. The exception was this past New Year's Eve when I waited until 12:01 AM to change.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

We change as quick as we can - not into dirties - into clean clothes, we're odd though in that we hate dressing up, and feel much better in just casual clothes (not ratty tarty ones). I don't think badly of anyone not dressed up, nor of anyone who is ponced up - although on our last cruise Radiance of the Seas Freo to NZ to Sydney, we had come off deck in casual clothes, had a quick drink in Star Quest and were popping down to cabin to change for dinner - and rude pompous cow of a woman (waving 2 fingers to you if your a cc poster), who was dressed in glittery top showing off to her hubby and friends from the diamond club, Oh look It's So Nice To See some People Don't Feel The Need To Dress up!

I could've slapped her! We'd come off the deck for goodness sake, really are you dressed to nines walking around the decks outside at 6pm?

Think she thought she would be 'the man' in front of her friends, but it backfired on her, as hubby and I didn't take her rude comments and condescending manner to well and responded as such.

It really put a damper on the cruise, as I really took those comments to heart. And she was the rudest 'b' I have had the misfortune to be in contact with on a cruiseship.

So my advice to you would be, you change when you want, you pay your way to cruise and are entitled to be comfy, if you want to be casual - be casual, if you want to lash out and dress to the nines, then do so

I don't change after dinner - if I didn't want to wear whatever I wore to dinner that much, I wouldn't have put it on in the first place. There are always dinner options other than the MDR, so if I really didn't want to wear what the MDR required of me, I would choose to not go to the MDR that night. Bringing and changing into special clothes for just those couple of hours is something I wouldn't bother with.

On formal night we change if we have time before the evening entertainment. DH will not stay in a suit any longer than he has to :D. For me it is all about the shoes! Walking up and down stairs in heels just kills my feet, and I don't want to be dressed in my glitter and glam while DH wears his casual attire. If anyone cares, then :p.

On most nights when getting ready for dinner I put on slacks and a top, then change into capri's after dinner. Then the next morning I wear the capri outfit during the day.

On elegant evening I wear dressier cloths then change into the next days capri outfit after dinner.

I don't advocate people being relegated to the buffet just because they don't wear suggested cruise wardrobe. As long as a person is neat and clean, then I don't think they should be denied MDR service.

We do not change. We remain dressed for the evening while out and about the ship. We like to be neat and presentable and what we consider appropriate while enjoying a lounge, show, or whatever we are doing.

We usually stay dressed as we were for dinner for the whole night; if there are movies under the stars we (at least I) change for that. Anything else, unless I am wearing new shoes that got to be very uncomfortable, it's more bother to change than not.

Sometimes we eat in the buffet in the evening, but still usually put on something other than what we have worn all day.

If I've worn something for just a couple of hours (and didn't get it sweaty/dirty), I have no problem wearing the same outfit another time. If I wore it most of the day, then it goes into the dirty clothes.

Do you rock your formal or smart casual gear late into the night, or are you one who can't wait to change immediately after throwing down the Tiramisu and Grand Marnier.

My first after-dinner stop is always our cabin where I'm comfortably back in shorts and flip flops. The exception was this past New Year's Eve when I waited until 12:01 AM to change.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Whatever I wear to dinner in MDR I leave on for the rest of the night, even if it is formal attire. It is for the evening, not just for dinner.

I would never wear shorts and flip flops to evening entertainment programs on any night on any ship.

DW and I eat then once dinner is over maybe do a lap around the place and get some picture taken then we are out of the dress clothes. back into shorts and a t shirt.. when you wear dress shirt and ties and dress pants on vacation it doesnt make it seem liek a vacation.. So the second i am done i am out...

On formal night we change if we have time before the evening entertainment. DH will not stay in a suit any longer than he has to :D. For me it is all about the shoes! Walking up and down stairs in heels just kills my feet, and I don't want to be dressed in my glitter and glam while DH wears his casual attire. If anyone cares, then :p.

Fully agree - DW changes shoes - hard dancing in high heels. ...and for me the coat and tie come off as soon as possible :)

I don't change, keep my dinner wear on until I call it a night or a morning. I like to dress up, something I do not get to do very often at home except for funerals and weddings and sometimes its hard to tell the difference between the two :D.

are some of you saying if you wear an outfit all day and then change for dinner that you would have a problem putting the day outfit back on for the rest of the evening? (assuming you haven't soiled it or sweated heavily)

Yes, that is what I am saying.

We shower and dress for dinner and we wear our dinner clothes until we change for bed.

We never have gone back to our cabin after dinner to change into clothes we have worn during that day. That is very unappealing to me.

My first after-dinner stop is always our cabin where I'm comfortably back in shorts and flip flops. The exception was this past New Year's Eve when I waited until 12:01 AM to change....

I change when I retire for the evening. Formal night is formal night, not just formal dinner.