Captains Club Question

ICANTWAITTOCRUISE

I have a couple of questions for those of you that are familiar with the perks (And I hope you don't mind me asking, I know that I could find the answers myself if I took the time to call and ask but I value the speed and efficiency with which I get answers here more!)

We've only cruised once with Celebrity and it shows we have about 60 points. One of the perks I saw listed states that we get an upgrade, within categories. Does that mean that ANYTIME I want to book I just pay for the lower within the category and get bumped up or is it just "Sometimes"? and dependent on the pricing I am getting?

2nd question: We sailed once on RC. Is it worth it to try to get whatever point I have there brought over? We did join that club they have, can't remember the name of it.

Thanks so much in advance!

I have a couple of questions for those of you that are familiar with the perks (And I hope you don't mind me asking, I know that I could find the answers myself if I took the time to call and ask but I value the speed and efficiency with which I get answers here more!)

We've only cruised once with Celebrity and it shows we have about 60 points. One of the perks I saw listed states that we get an upgrade, within categories. Does that mean that ANYTIME I want to book I just pay for the lower within the category and get bumped up or is it just "Sometimes"? and dependent on the pricing I am getting?

2nd question: We sailed once on RC. Is it worth it to try to get whatever point I have there brought over? We did join that club they have, can't remember the name of it.

Yes, when you book a cruise you are eligible for a 1 categtory

upgrade....inside to inside....window to window..... those are the

only ones offered. No upgrades if you are in a balcony.

Royal's Club is called "Crown and Anchor".

It includes classes through Aqua. I upgraded my next cruise in Concierge Class.

• One category upgrade through AquaClass® (prior to sailing, when available, restrictions apply) ***

***The Captain's Club One Category upgrade is combinable with Celebrity Passages.

Edited by NLH Arizona

Yes, when you book a cruise you are eligible for a 1 categtory

upgrade....inside to inside....window to window..... those are the

only ones offered. No upgrades if you are in a balcony.

Royal's Club is called "Crown and Anchor".

Lois:

With the new CC they came into the 21st Century and recognized that most of the Cabins on the ships have verandas. There is a new upgrade within categories which now includes up to Aqua Class. Same as before has to be made at booking and only goes within categories, not upgrading from CC to AQ for example.

Oh...thank you Don, Nancy, Cathy and whoever else is correcting me.

I usually book something while on board so I know that balcony cabin

had the upgrade attached but I guess I missed it otherwise:eek:

Thank you all for fixing my error:o........

So, to the original poster....it does apply to balconies;)

Edited by Lois R

Oh...thank you Don, Nancy, Cathy and whoever else is correcting me.

I usually book something while on board so I know that balcony cabin

had the upgrade attached but I guess I missed it otherwise:eek:

Thank you all for fixing my error:o........

So, to the original poster....it does apply to balconies;)

You are a good sport Lois!!!:D

You are a good sport Lois!!!:D

Hi Larry,:) oh....when I make mistake? I fess up quick....never been

one of those people (on line or in reality) who says they never make

mistakes:eek:.....although I do work with a few of them:rolleyes:

Thanks though, I appreciate it:)

It includes classes through Aqua. I upgraded my next cruise in Concierge Class.

• One category upgrade through AquaClass® (prior to sailing, when available, restrictions apply) ***

***The Captain's Club One Category upgrade is combinable with Celebrity Passages.

Would this be true even with the older Celebrity Passages that could not be combined?

Also do you know if you can use the one category upgrade, passage, and also the 123 promo?

Thanks.

Would this be true even with the older Celebrity Passages that could not be combined?

Also do you know if you can use the one category upgrade, passage, and also the 123 promo?

Thanks.

Don't know about the passages; I just copied what was on the web sit.

I know you can use the one category upgrade with the 123 promotion, because I did it.

What if you book a GTY rate? Get an upgrade after the cabin is assigned?

I am not 100% certain but I don't believe the upgrade applies in this case. What you can do, if you do not like your cabin assignment, is switch to another available cabin in the category to which you were assigned. But I don't think you can bump up.

I just booked a C3 last week but did not remember about the Captain's Club upgrade. Got back to my TA and asked her to check on the upgrade. The next day I received the updated reservation with the upgrade to C2.

I just booked a C3 last week but did not remember about the Captain's Club upgrade. Got back to my TA and asked her to check on the upgrade. The next day I received the updated reservation with the upgrade to C2.

Way to go. This is such a great new perk from the Captain's Club.

Thanks.

I just booked a cruise for January 2015, used a Passages Certificate to get the OBC, got the 1 category upgrade and the Beverage Package. Hopefully they won't change their minds and take anything away.

Don't know about the passages; I just copied what was on the web sit.

I know you can use the one category upgrade with the 123 promotion, because I did it.

I just booked a cruise for January 2015, used a Passages Certificate to get the OBC, got the 1 category upgrade and the Beverage Package. Hopefully they won't change their minds and take anything away.

Thank you, both.

I will let you know my experience in two weeks. I am going to wait and book on board.

We have just booked an Alaska Cruise tour. 7 days at sea + 4 land days. We are booked as C2's. I am used to computing RCI points, but have no idea how to compute X points. Can someone explain it to me. I did look on the web site, but got confused.

Is there a luggage valet for a member of our party who will be going from Steward to Anchorage (the planes leave really late, but not late enough for a cruise/tour)? Or a place they can drop luggage off, so they don't have to lug it around all day?

We are sailing next week on Equinox in AQ. We have sailed maybe 30 days on RCCL and Azamara and thought we were getting some kind of credit or recognition for that on Celebrity. Our reservation says we are select. After this 11 day cruise in AQ and a seven day June cruise in a verandah will we qualify for Elite? I sent an email to captains club about a week ago to ask but have not received a reply.