Who stayed in room 8143 on Westerdam 12/28-01/4?

Guinness1000

I just now noticed a DVD in my purse I had on our trip. On the DVD is written 4183, which was our room number. I stuck it into my computer and found a file named 8143!

There are some lovely pictures of a couple that are not of me and my husband. If anyone knows the couple who stayed in 8143, please let me know. I would like to send them the DVD right away. :)

Edited by Guinness1000

You've posted to the roll call for your Westerdam cruise. Wouldn't it be the same roll call? :confused:

I tried to check there, but it appears to have only current cruises and those coming up. Not past ones. Am I not looking in the right space?

I tried to check there, but it appears to have only current cruises and those coming up. Not past ones. Am I not looking in the right space?

Unless something has changed with Rollcalls you might check and see if you are filtered for only threads with recent posts.

You might contact HAL customer service (post cruise) and let them know. They can determine who was in what cabin. Assuming they are cruise pictures you might check the date the pictures were taken. That may be helpful to HAL. Likely they will want you to send the DVD to them so they can forward it to the right party. (They could check ship pix for the ID to confirm too).

Seems like not that long ago they published a list of all passengers and their home cities and was in our cabin the second morning of a cruise.....
I haven't seen that in about 25 years. Even then, I remember that occurring on Royal Viking Line, not HAL. It's possible HAL also did the directories too and I just don't remember. Either way it's been a long, long time.

Seems like not that long ago they published a list of all passengers and their home cities and was in our cabin the second morning of a cruise.....

I have never seen that done on a HAL cruise.

Back in the 80's when we sailed on Cunard we got a list of passengers and cabin numbers on one cruise. On another Cunard cruise, the names of the passengers and cabin numbers were listed on a board near the front office.

I just now noticed a DVD in my purse I had on our trip. On the DVD is written 4183, which was our room number. I stuck it into my computer and found a file named 8143!

There are some lovely pictures of a couple that are not of me and my husband. If anyone knows the couple who stayed in 8143, please let me know. I would like to send them the DVD right away. :)

Call Ship Services at 1-800-541-1576 and explain what you found. They will probably tell you to send them the DVD (write a letter and enclose it with the DVD) and HAL will (or should) forward the DVD to the proper people. They will not give you the people's name or address.

I haven't seen that in about 25 years. Even then, I remember that occurring on Royal Viking Line, not HAL. It's possible HAL also did the directories too and I just don't remember. Either way it's been a long, long time.

HAL had such a directory on my first cruise. But it wasn't published in a booklet and delivered. It was posted on a bulletin board---I don't recall if it was near the Front Office or outside the Radio Room. The info was published, though.

I, too, remember the lovely directory I received on Royal Viking.

Call Ship Services at 1-800-541-1576 and explain what you found. They will probably tell you to send them the DVD (write a letter and enclose it with the DVD) and HAL will (or should) forward the DVD to the proper people. They will not give you the people's name or address.

Thank you! It's done! :):cool:

HAL had such a directory on my first cruise. But it wasn't published in a booklet and delivered. It was posted on a bulletin board---I don't recall if it was near the Front Office or outside the Radio Room. The info was published, though.

I, too, remember the lovely directory I received on Royal Viking.

That's right- HAL had it on a board at the Front Office. I believe P&O used to deliver to stateroom.

I recently had to break down a relative's home and in it I found a directory of all passengers on a HAL cruise in 1962. They stopped publishing such directories a long time ago. Many people would not welcome that information being distributed. It's a 'new world' we live in now. Those were easier, more peaceful and seemingly safer times.