Complimentary Gelato?

cpl100

You will be glad that you haven't paid for it. I don't see what the big hype is about it and after having the free scoop I know why I never see anyone buying it, especially when you can get the real stuff for free along with the soft serve.

Are you saying that the "real stuff" in the OV is better than the gelato?

I'm surprised no one has mentioned that with the beverage packages that cover it, you can order an Affogato at Cafe al Bacio which is espresso and chocolate syrup served over a scoop of gelato. Be interesting to see if you could order one WITHOUT espresso - or with it "on the side... "

Are you saying that the "real stuff" in the OV is better than the gelato?

There is no free gelato at the OV. They do have ice cream-both regular and fat free. I did not care for the quality of the ice cream on my last cruise. The gelato was real good at the stand on Deck 5. And the service was personal as well.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned that with the beverage packages that cover it, you can order an Affogato at Cafe al Bacio which is espresso and chocolate syrup served over a scoop of gelato. Be interesting to see if you could order one WITHOUT espresso - or with it "on the side... "

Oh, and you can't do that, by the way. I had tried before ;) But I don't drink coffee so wasn't interested in the beverage.

The ice cream booth in the Buffet section never served Gelato to my knowledge.

They serve regular ice cream, sugar free , fat free and usually a sorbet as well as soft serve yogurt. It is all free even the toppings like M&M peanuts and Reese pieces which I often just ask for some in a bowl.

The gelato bar has always been a charge, no Elites get on free serving per cruise.

The odd time Gelato was offered on the menu as a desert offering.

WAFFLE CONE?!! You got a waffle cone with your free scoop? We just got a small, plain opaque cup.

We did not get a waffle cone with ours either!! Now I am really upset..

Did you ask? I wonder now if I got some special treatment or it's just because I asked :-)