Complimentary Gelato?

cpl100

I have just checked the new Captains Club program. We have only sailed on Celebrity once but are sailing again in two weeks and then again in November. I see mention of complimentary gelato as a perk now. Do we just go to the gelato stand and order it and then receive a credit to our OBC negating the carge?

Or how does it work?

Thanks!

I have just checked the new Captains Club program. We have only sailed on Celebrity once but are sailing again in two weeks and then again in November. I see mention of complimentary gelato as a perk now. Do we just go to the gelato stand and order it and then receive a credit to our OBC negating the carge?

Or how does it work?

Thanks!

You have to take your coupon to the gelato station for a comp gelato. There's a gelato coupon on the sheet. No charge to your seapass/onboard account.

We have just returned from a back to back. On the first cruise we had the voucher for the free Gelato, on the second cruise this voucher had been changed for a laundry bag for a fee (can't remember how much). After tasting the Gelato on the first cruise, we were slightly disappointed to see this had been changed for the second cruise, no need to pay for the laundry bag, as we already had 1 bag free each.

Man I hope they keep it, I've always wanted to try it, but dont want to pay for it LOL

You will be glad that you haven't paid for it. I don't see what the big hype is about it and after having the free scoop I know why I never see anyone buying it, especially when you can get the real stuff for free along with the soft serve. 🍦

.💨🍻🍸

Quite frankly we were pleasantly surprised the gelato. They make it on the ship and it was creamy, not overly flavored.

Good to know! Planning to use my coupon and my husband's on the Reflection this July. :):)

Free is free, and its a nice perk.

The coupon is for "one scoop", which is different from "one serving". The portion you pay for is two scoops.

I only mention this because my wife put down two coupons, one for each of us, and was given a bowl with two scoops. I was given a funny look by the scooper. We got it all worked out with no problem, but that's the deal.

We like the ice cream in Oceanside Café, and even the soft serve.

There is also self-serve soft-serve by the burger and fry line. The Ice Cream line machine has two flavors, and the self-serve machine usually has the third.

We have just returned from a back to back. On the first cruise we had the voucher for the free Gelato, on the second cruise this voucher had been changed for a laundry bag for a fee (can't remember how much). After tasting the Gelato on the first cruise, we were slightly disappointed to see this had been changed for the second cruise, no need to pay for the laundry bag, as we already had 1 bag free each.

I wonder if they gave you the old coupons on the second cruise.

we had a gelato coupon on our cruise. i have always "tried" it in the past but never went back to get some. this last time we did because it was free, and i think my husband might have bought some after he used his free one, too. and then we made friends with the gelato girl and she gave it to us for free :D

i tried the "peach" ice cream in the oceanview and it definitely did not taste anything like peach. i started to wonder if he gave me the wrong ice cream but it was peach colored?? the stracciatella gelato on the other hand was so good, i went back for more. i'm looking forward to it on our march sailing!

i tried the "peach" ice cream in the oceanview and it definitely did not taste anything like peach. i started to wonder if he gave me the wrong ice cream but it was peach colored?? the stracciatella gelato on the other hand was so good, i went back for more. i'm looking forward to it on our march sailing!

On our cruise on Reflection, I was disappointed with the free ice cream at the buffet. It was not creamy but icy and the "peach" did not taste anything like peach. The gelato was significantly better in our opinion even though there was a small fee attached. We are hooked!

On our cruise on Reflection, I was disappointed with the free ice cream at the buffet. It was not creamy but icy and the "peach" did not taste anything like peach. The gelato was significantly better in our opinion even though there was a small fee attached. We are hooked!

The gelato is great and you can use your laundry coupon to clean your clothes after you spill it on yourself.

The best part of the free gelato was the waffle cone :eek:

I wouldn't complain for free and it was better than some days in the OV Cafe (the quality seemed inconsistent), but I wouldn't pay $3.99 for it.

WAFFLE CONE?!! You got a waffle cone with your free scoop? We just got a small, plain opaque cup. I did see one person buy, as it was buy one get one free between 4 PM and 5 PM, but most were using the coupon. Before coupons, the gelato server was less busy than the Maytag repairman (For those old enough to remember those commercials).

Or how does it work?

Thanks!

Can you clarify where you saw mention of the gelato perk? I just checked the Celebrity website for the benefits of the Select Level (my level) but I didn't see any mention of the gelato. What do you have to do to receive this coupon?

Thanks!

Can you clarify where you saw mention of the gelato perk? I just checked the Celebrity website for the benefits of the Select Level (my level) but I didn't see any mention of the gelato. What do you have to do to receive this coupon?
Nothing.

It was included on the sheet of coupons placed in the stateroom on the first day.

It looked like they were just trying to draw passengers to the gelato counter with the free sample, much the way that they give out free samples at stores, since the gelato counter had been attracting very little business.

WAFFLE CONE?!! You got a waffle cone with your free scoop? We just got a small, plain opaque cup. I did see one person buy, as it was buy one get one free between 4 PM and 5 PM, but most were using the coupon. Before coupons, the gelato server was less busy than the Maytag repairman (For those old enough to remember those commercials).

We did not get a waffle cone with ours either!! Now I am really upset.

I always felt bad for the staff at the Gelato site. Kept cleaning and cleaning with few customers. We would buy as we felt sorry for her.

We did not get a waffle cone with ours either!! Now I am really upset.

I always felt bad for the staff at the Gelato site. Kept cleaning and cleaning with few customers. We would buy as we felt sorry for her.

That's how my wife feels about the staff at the expensive jewelry shops...such a big heart !

I have eaten a lot of gelato all around the world, the wife complains when I am in Europe as I have a hard time passing a stand or store in without a buying. The gelato I have tried on X has always been top notch.

We always befriend the Gelato girls as they are always desperate for conversation.

On our last Millie cruise late one evening we caught the attendant bent over with her head in the case. The conversation began with "I am glad you are not working the pizza oven" she explained she was checking to see that the gelato was not melting but after awhile she admitted she put her head in the fridge to keep awake!

We visited every day after that and had some marvelous conversations and some delicious gelato.

The gelato is rather redundant as the ice cream is great as well up in the Ocean view.

I always speculate if I get a scoop of fat free and a scoop of sugar free is that the equivalent calories of one scoop of regular ice cream????

Looking forward to the free serving on my next cruise.

You will be glad that you haven't paid for it. I don't see what the big hype is about it and after having the free scoop I know why I never see anyone buying it, especially when you can get the real stuff for free along with the soft serve.

I am confused... so do they still have the free gelato in the buffet also?