Buenos Aires Port

Fletch1

Can anybody tell me the set out of the port at Buenos Aires?

We disembark from the Celebrity Infinity, and then embark on the Golden Princess the same day and I was wondering if we will be able to walk from one ship the other?? Will they be close by??

Thanks

Can anybody tell me the set out of the port at Buenos Aires?

We disembark from the Celebrity Infinity, and then embark on the Golden Princess the same day and I was wondering if we will be able to walk from one ship the other?? Will they be close by??

Thanks

Here's a video (in Spanish) about the port and the cruise terminal. You will need to disembark from Infinity through the cruise terminal, going through whatever customs they have after collecting your bags. You will then need to check-in with your new cruise company in the terminal. Often you need to disembark by about 9 am and check-in does not commonly start until 11 am or later. From pictures of the port, it looks like the ships are docked around a couple of large piers and the port runs shuttle buses to the ships from the terminal according to another website I read.

I'm headed there myself in 10 days so I've been looking this all up.

Tamara has it right. We were there in December on the Zaandam. Here's a photo of the berth that we backed into , next to the shipping containers. We boarded a shuttle bus for a couple mile ride leaving the port and then returning to another area of the port where we picked up luggage. Immigration and bag X- ray next . Exiting the building we found taxis waiting.

IMG_2866-001_zps6a63d20a-1.jpg

Here's a video (in Spanish) about the port and the cruise terminal. You will need to disembark from Infinity through the cruise terminal, going through whatever customs they have after collecting your bags. You will then need to check-in with your new cruise company in the terminal. Often you need to disembark by about 9 am and check-in does not commonly start until 11 am or later. From pictures of the port, it looks like the ships are docked around a couple of large piers and the port runs shuttle buses to the ships from the terminal according to another website I read.

I'm headed there myself in 10 days so I've been looking this all up.

HI TAMARA…i wonder if you could repost that video link…I'm off there tomorrow and would be interested to see it….regards roscoe

There is only one cruise terminal in Buenos Aires. That is the good news. The bad news is that there is only one cruise terminal. We had three ships checking in the same day as Infinity on 5 Jan. It was a zoo. Some people took three hours to check-in.

There is only one cruise terminal in Buenos Aires. That is the good news. The bad news is that there is only one cruise terminal. We had three ships checking in the same day as Infinity on 5 Jan. It was a zoo. Some people took three hours to check-in.

That's not good!

Tamara has it right. We were there in December on the Zaandam. Here's a photo of the berth that we backed into , next to the shipping containers. We boarded a shuttle bus for a couple mile ride leaving the port and then returning to another area of the port where we picked up luggage. Immigration and bag X- ray next . Exiting the building we found taxis waiting.

IMG_2866-001_zps6a63d20a-1.jpg

Thanks, did your ship allow you to walk off with your luggage? I'm thinking this may not be an option on this cruise since we will need to take a shuttle bus to the luggage area. It would probably be a nightmare if the cruiseline allowed the walk off option with all these people trying to get in the shuttle bus with luggage.

Thanks

Angela

Thanks, did your ship allow you to walk off with your luggage? I'm thinking this may not be an option on this cruise since we will need to take a shuttle bus to the luggage area. It would probably be a nightmare if the cruiseline allowed the walk off option with all these people trying to get in the shuttle bus with luggage.

Thanks

Angela

Angela , we were allowed to carry our own luggage - 1 large and 2 carry on suitcases. The large bag was placed under the bus in storage and we held the 2 carry on bags. We had to wait behind a line until all the luggage was unloaded in the terminal. We tried to retrieve ours when it was brought out but they made us wait until every piece was unloaded from the bus.

Angela , we were allowed to carry our own luggage - 1 large and 2 carry on suitcases. The large bag was placed under the bus in storage and we held the 2 carry on bags. We had to wait behind a line until all the luggage was unloaded in the terminal. We tried to retrieve ours when it was brought out but they made us wait until every piece was unloaded from the bus.

Ok, good to know. Thank you!

Angela

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks

Angela

You can not do "self disembarkation " where you walk off with all your luggage. You can take your carry on off but you will have to go through the process of putting out your regular luggage the night before. Also, regardless of the time the ship docks, in our case it was 5:00, you can not get off before 7:00 as the port buses do not run any earlier.

• 11 months later...

We are sailing out of BA next month with an overnight on board before we depart. How easy is it to get cabs into and out of the port? On embarkation day we'll be going out at night to a tango show and coming back around midnight. Then, the next day, we'll be exploring BA on our own and I figured we'll just take cabs back and forth. Anything special I need to know?

Anything special I need to know?

Yep. The port of Buenos Aires was by far the most horrific terminal I've ever dealt with. Seriously. Luggage a disorganized mess, taxi line a free-for-all, with no staffing or signage, people busting into the queue, and arguments breaking out among those who'd been standing in the hot sun forever waiting for a cab. And then the cab dispatching was a predatory racket.

Unless they've greatly improved things in the past two years (or unless I just hit an unbelievably bad day) be prepared for delay and hassle. Best of luck!