Are downgraded toiletries fleet wide or only on Royal

Loreni

I read that hair conditioner is no longer provided on the Royal. We were on the Sapphire last year and shampoo and hair conditioner were provided in small bottles. On the Royal there are no bottles just dispensers. One has body wash and one has a combined shampoo/conditioner. Has this gone fleet wide? If so, are the small bottles of conditioner available upon request?

Fleet-wide. :( The Sapphire has the communal shower gel and shampoo/conditioner combo. Only a tube of lotion on the counter and a small bar of soap. I asked for and got a 2nd bar and brought my own shampoo and conditioner. I also let them know how I felt about the communal bottles in my post-cruise questionnaire. On the Sapphire, they were in the way and I kept on bumping into them as they're on the side next to the bar.

It is apparently going fleet-wide. We were on the Ruby in December and also last week and were provided the shampoo/conditioner in the dispenser (which does not fit in the shower so it is placed on the bathroom counter). We were also provided small bars of soap (no shower gel -- we were not wild about the shower gel on the Royal so we were pleased to get regular soap). We were also provided a tube of lotion. The scent is no longer eucalyptus.

I'm mixed on this one. I understand the cost and environmental implications of going to larger bottles (There is a TON of waste with the smaller ones, counting what's left in bottles and the bottles themselves - a friend of mine who runs a hotel did an experiment. In one month, just by collecting the leftover shampoo in bottles from people checking out, they had something like 4 gallons they sent to a local shelter). But I do hate the loss of space in already small showers and they do need to be kept clean.

The simple solution for Princess is to offer a small selection of other products in the gift shop at less than normal markup.

It is apparently going fleet-wide. We were on the Ruby in December and also last week and were provided the shampoo/conditioner in the dispenser (which does not fit in the shower so it is placed on the bathroom counter). We were also provided small bars of soap (no shower gel -- we were not wild about the shower gel on the Royal so we were pleased to get regular soap). We were also provided a tube of lotion. The scent is no longer eucalyptus.

Placed on the bathroom counter??? Really? This would mean you have to keep ducking out of the shower to get the shampoo and soap from the dispenser? That is nuts.

The containers for the shampoo/conditioner or shower gel are not built into the wall. They are largish bottles and on the ROYAL these bottles were in the shower in a recessed area of the shower wall. On the RUBY, however, there was no such place in the shower wall other than the tiny recessed area for soap or a very small bottle of shampoo. So, I took the shampoo/conditioner dispenser bottle that was on the counter into the shower and placed it on the floor. It was awkward. My husband hated the shampoo/conditioner combo and brought his own shampoo. I think I would bring my own shampoo in the future, particularly if the ship does not have the ability to have the recessed area in the shower wall like the Royal does.

As for the shower gel, we did have that on the Royal and I did not care for it.

One other thing, we were in an inside room with the typical small bathroom. It is possible that minisuites or balconies have a larger area for the dispenser bottles to be placed right in the shower. I don't know. But, someone who has stayed in a minisuite or balcony room might have the answer to that.

Edited by erber

I read that hair conditioner is no longer provided on the Royal. We were on the Sapphire last year and shampoo and hair conditioner were provided in small bottles. On the Royal there are no bottles just dispensers. One has body wash and one has a combined shampoo/conditioner. Has this gone fleet wide? If so, are the small bottles of conditioner available upon request?

We were on the Pacific Princess earlier this month. There was a bracket hung in the shower when we boarded. By the end of the cruise the shampoo/conditioner and shower gel containers appeared.

Are these large dispensers also in suite bathrooms?
We booked a Vista Suite on the Sapphire during the "free cruise" sale. No big dispensers in the shower. There were tubes of shampoo/conditioner and body wash and bar soap in the shower and the tub. They were the new non eucalyptus products and the tubes appeared to hold more than twice the little bottles.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I am disappointed...I really looked forward to the eucalyptus scent. What kind of scent is it now?

I understand the waste and cost factor, but it would have been nice to keep with the same product.

I too am having trouble picturing what this looks like in a regular non-suite bathroom. Does this mean I have to reach out of the shower to get a pump of shampoo or body wash? Sounds to me like a messy way to have a shower! :confused:

Anybody with pics??

When we were on the Ruby last month, we were able to actually sit/balance the large shampoo dispenser thing on the little bar that goes across the cutout where you sit the soap. Not sure of a better way to explain it but it would sort of sit there without too much trouble. When I first saw it on the counter I just laughed and thought what good is that going to do over there?!?! A bracket to hold it would be good because without it, the large bottle just isn't easy to use. Otherwise I didn't mind the new shampoo. Dave

I am disappointed...I really looked forward to the eucalyptus scent. What kind of scent is it now?

I understand the waste and cost factor, but it would have been nice to keep with the same product.

I too am having trouble picturing what this looks like in a regular non-suite bathroom. Does this mean I have to reach out of the shower to get a pump of shampoo or body wash? Sounds to me like a messy way to have a shower! :confused:

Anybody with pics??

I really liked it too! Especially the lotion. :(

We will probably take our own shampoo now because my significant other does not like the combination shampoo and conditioner stuff. They were just changing over on our Ruby cruise in December and weren't aware they where doing it and asked our Steward if it was possible to get any of the old shampoo. He brought us a couple of the old smaller bottles to use, so if you ask you might get some of the old stuff if there is any left over. Dave

Thank you for the information. So the little bottles have a shampoo/conditioner combo? I usually don't bring my own shampoo to pack less stuff, but I can't use shampoo with conditioner. I guess I'll have to start bringing my own. :(

I don't use conditioner, however I liked the new combo in the new dispensers. If you are Elite, they will also give you tubes of the same products.

Placed on the bathroom counter??? Really? This would mean you have to keep ducking out of the shower to get the shampoo and soap from the dispenser? That is nuts.

We were on the Ruby at the beginning of January. When we first boarded the shampoo dispenser was on the counter. A couple days into the cruise they were mounted in the shower.....both the shampoo/conditioner and the shower gel. They were not in the way. We were in a balcony cabin.

I don't use conditioner, however I liked the new combo in the new dispensers. If you are Elite, they will also give you tubes of the same products.

We were in a suite on the Ruby on Jan 9th. There were no more small bottles of shampoo, conditioner, or lotion. We had a combo bottle with a plunger of shampoo conditioner in the shower. There was a bottle of shower gel by the tub. The bar of soap was very tiny, about half the size you get in a hotel. There was a very small tube of lotion in with the wash clothes and shower caps. I brought my own shampoo because I don't like the S/C combos.

Are these large dispensers also in suite bathrooms?

Ann;

In our OS suite (Royal) we had one small tube of body wash and one small tube of shampoo/conditioner. We had an initial nice size circular bar of soap. Replacements however were about half the size. We had no bottles of lotion or anything else with the exception of a small circular container (bathroom counter) that contained four cotton balls and about six q-tips.....

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

Ann;

In our OS suite (Royal) we had one small tube of body wash and one small tube of shampoo/conditioner. We had an initial nice size circular bar of soap. Replacements however were about half the size. We had no bottles of lotion or anything else with the exception of a small circular container (bathroom counter) that contained four cotton balls and about six q-tips.....

Bob

Thanks, Bob, for the info. So sad to see the degradation of things on Princess. I hope you guys are well.

Thanks, Bob, for the info. So sad to see the degradation of things on Princess. I hope you guys are well.
Can't speak for the Royal, but this is what we had in our Vista Suite on the Sapphire this last week. Only change from prior suites was tubes rather than bottles and the combined shampoo/conditioner.

YTqkp7H9VJMmg9oxUWiw8mAXWyMsIFTkgYDphCMQ7ak=w276-h207-p-noOGQBCrs6EurN3aYw_Z-X2OynTfL9wCJW1_exzRBjQKs=w155-h207-p-no