Worse than they thought

tbill

I agree...but would still be worried as they are the ones cooking and serving.

A guest did report that the ship did remove and replace the food in St Thomas before CDC arrived...maybe it was the food...that would be a relief for future guests and stop the spreading of the illness

It is standard practice to replace the food when there is an unknown illness on a ship. I wouldn't doubt that they replace the food again before the ship sails from Bayonne tomorrow.

But it was very strange to me that we left Bayonne at 5:00pm on tues. and by weds. night people were getting sick. Not a few people but many.

By late thurs. am there was a congo line to the medical and it lasted well into thurs night.

I feel this was on the ship before we got on as it was to soon and to many cases.

(

It is not so strange if you look at the reports on the ROLL CALL of the EOS Jan 12 sailing. There are SEVERAL reports of folks who became ill immediately after disembarking. The source of the NORO probably came on board near the end of their cruise and then affected the folks on the 1/21 sailing.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1712507&page=24

tbill i think your fine. You have a right to your opinion and to defend your opinion. However for the sake of putting this whole thing to rest, you should consider just letting it go.

Your opinion is not your fault. Other opinions the same, though they can be a little nicer about it.

amen

A few years ago I was on a 14 night cruise . There had been a lot of noro on the sailing before, so extra cleaning had been done and precautions were in place. In addition, I did everything conceivable to avoid getting sick-including not even playing the slots so I wouldn't touch coins or parts of the machines that had been contaminated.

Nevertheless, I and others got it. But, we apparently all were very responsible in reporting to medical and by the second week it was all but eliminated.

Let me emphasize that it would not have been controlled if those of us who got sick hadn't reported ourselves. Anyone who would fail to do so has absolutely no consideration for other passengers and crew. If I discovered such people I would turn them in and if was in authority, they would have a guard outside their door and would be kicked off the ship at the next port.

I was quarantined for 4 days and my wife (as a precaution) for one day. I didn't whine or complain. I didn't ask for compensation, and was thrilled when they gave me $100 per day as a future cruise credit. Plus, I was given medication, a diet that helped, and videos to occupy my time. Luckily there was a pause button ;).

The compensation offered to the passengers on this cruise is generous and shame on those who think they are entitle to more.

My attitude is that I am blessed beyond the comprehension of most people in this world. Simply being on a cruise ship is unimaginable to those who have never even drunk potable water or had sanitary facilities.

So what if I got sick for a few days. People get sick, and I was simply unlucky to have it happen to me on a cruise.

One of my biggest concerns is that the crew got tipped as they normally would-or even more considering all the extra time and unpleasant tasks they would have had. Unfortunately, there are likely people who took their displeasure out on the crew-and shame on those who did.

Ship happens.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE :D:D Bob and Phyl

Couldn't of said it better!

These threads are as interesting as the ones about the Enchantment 2 yrs. ago with the engine problem.

I think RCCL did the best they could considering the circumstances. It was "not" their fault and I would have been satisfied with the compensation. I, along with others, got sick on the Explorer several years ago and I certainly didn't receive any compensation and didn't even think that was a possibility and would never have thought to ask for anything. These things happen. I accept it and go on from there.

Now, back to the regularly scheduled programming.......:D Peace.

Gwen :)

I agree...but would still be worried as they are the ones cooking and serving.

A guest did report that the ship did remove and replace the food in St Thomas before CDC arrived...maybe it was the food...that would be a relief for future guests and stop the spreading of the illness

I am thinking along these lines at this point as well

Must have hit a nerve. ;)

My point is that we should be grateful that we have the means to cruise and quit complaining because we get sick for a few days. Our lives aren't "ruined" by noro unless we have an underlying illness and develop complications. Noro is generally just a nuisance.

I have lived in Bolivia, Colombia, and Vietnam and appreciate my blessings.

Must have hit a nerve. ;)

My point is that we should be grateful that we have the means to cruise and quit complaining because we get sick for a few days. Our lives aren't "ruined" by noro unless we have an underlying illness and develop complications. Noro is generally just a nuisance.

I have lived in Bolivia, Colombia, and Vietnam and appreciate my blessings.

I understood your previous entry and whole-heartedly agree and appreciated the post...wish I could express myself as clearly as you. You certainly didn't have to further explain your points to me. And, thanks for not rising to the provocative bait and further turning this thread to ----.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by tnfcruise

After posting on this thread, I realized the problem with getting instant email notifications when a new response is posted. There's a thread I started that got a great deal of activity. LOL :eek:

The ensuing carnage was actually comical.

I changed my settings after this.

After posting on this thread, I realized the problem with getting instant email notifications when a new response is posted. There's a thread I started that got a great deal of activity. LOL :eek:

The ensuing carnage was actually comical.

I changed my settings after this.

I did a first today on CC. I put someone on my user cp ignore list. Don't worry it wasn't you.:)

Edited by A&L_Ont

I did a first today on CC. I put someone on my user cp ignore list. Don't worry it wasn't you.:)

Hope it wasn't me, either, because I just responded on another thread to you.

Totally off topic, but we've been going to Stratford for 40 seasons. Have become such good chums with the owners of the B&B (where we've stayed the last 10 years or so) that we went on a Panama Canal (Nov '12) cruise together. It was their first cruise --we had such a great time that the four of us are planning another 14+ day cruise to Hawaii. Anyway, we love Canada (it's so civilized!), ...our travels take us primarily to the eastern provinces. Wherever you are in Ontario I hope your weather is moderating a bit like ours is down here in Ohio.

Hope it wasn't me, either, because I just responded on another thread to you.

Totally off topic, but we've been going to Stratford for 40 seasons. Have become such good chums with the owners of the B&B (where we've stayed the last 10 years or so) that we went on a Panama Canal (Nov '12) cruise together. It was their first cruise --we had such a great time that the four of us are planning another 14+ day cruise to Hawaii. Anyway, we love Canada (it's so civilized!), ...our travels take us primarily to the eastern provinces. Wherever you are in Ontario I hope your weather is moderating a bit like ours is down here in Ohio.

No worries you are safe and sound. If it wasn't obvious I have had enough of the one individual and it finally got to me. Sometimes you can't win, so I just edited them out of my world for now. I thought it would be wiser to delete my obstute observations. Perhaps it is acts like that which make us civilized. You know it doesn't matter how much you want to continue beating a dead horse, it is not going to get you anywhere.

You know we live 20 minutes west of Stratford, just west of a small town called St Marys. You have most likely driven within a few miles of where we live if you have been to St Marys. I was just drove through Stratford on Wednesday.

The wind is howling tonight and it is warmer, but not by much. They are calling for more snow on Saturday. We are prepared though, as we have heavy equipment and a shovel or two.:p. That groundhog better call for an early spring on Sunday or I will be rather unhappy.:mad:

We did the Hawaii repo from Vancouver and it was amazing. You will love it there if you have never been. Funny how small the world is.

Edited by A&L_Ont

A few years ago I was on a 14 night cruise . There had been a lot of noro on the sailing before, so extra cleaning had been done and precautions were in place. In addition, I did everything conceivable to avoid getting sick-including not even playing the slots so I wouldn't touch coins or parts of the machines that had been contaminated.

Nevertheless, I and others got it. But, we apparently all were very responsible in reporting to medical and by the second week it was all but eliminated.

Let me emphasize that it would not have been controlled if those of us who got sick hadn't reported ourselves. Anyone who would fail to do so has absolutely no consideration for other passengers and crew. If I discovered such people I would turn them in and if was in authority, they would have a guard outside their door and would be kicked off the ship at the next port.

I was quarantined for 4 days and my wife (as a precaution) for one day. I didn't whine or complain. I didn't ask for compensation, and was thrilled when they gave me $100 per day as a future cruise credit. Plus, I was given medication, a diet that helped, and videos to occupy my time. Luckily there was a pause button ;).

The compensation offered to the passengers on this cruise is generous and shame on those who think they are entitle to more.

My attitude is that I am blessed beyond the comprehension of most people in this world. Simply being on a cruise ship is unimaginable to those who have never even drunk potable water or had sanitary facilities.

So what if I got sick for a few days. People get sick, and I was simply unlucky to have it happen to me on a cruise.

One of my biggest concerns is that the crew got tipped as they normally would-or even more considering all the extra time and unpleasant tasks they would have had. Unfortunately, there are likely people who took their displeasure out on the crew-and shame on those who did.

Ship happens.

Happy Sails to You

I hope that RCI will compensate the crew with some sort of over-time payments, for all of the extra effort and work performed in taking care of passengers needs, and cleaning.

The entire crew should be given paid R & R, while a different staff works the next cruise.

No worries you are safe and sound. If it wasn't obvious I have had enough of the one individual and it finally got to me. Sometimes you can't win, so I just edited them out of my world for now. I thought it would be wiser to delete my obstute observations. Perhaps it is acts like that which make us civilized. You know it doesn't matter how much you want to continue beating a dead horse, it is not going to get you anywhere.

You know we live 20 minutes west of Stratford, just west of a small town called St Marys. You have most likely driven within a few miles of where we live if you have been to St Marys. I was just drove through Stratford on Wednesday.

The wind is howling tonight and it is warmer, but not by much. They are calling for more snow on Saturday. We are prepared though, as we have heavy equipment and a shovel or two.:p. That groundhog better call for an early spring on Sunday or I will be rather unhappy.:mad:

We did the Hawaii repo from Vancouver and it was amazing. You will love it there if you have never been. Funny how small the world is.

Yes, funny indeed! We've been to St Marys many times, including several trips with our friends...I love hiking that big swath of land from the reclaimed rail line, especially that old bridge over the river. We used to go to that heralded Westover Inn for dinner at least once a trip. And, years ago, if it was really hot, we'd zip over for a dip in the old quarry. And last summer, with the construction of those turn-arounds they're putting in, closing a section of 7, we saw more of St Marys than usual!

None of us have been to Hawaii, but it has been on Stratford friend's bucket list. We're all pretty excited about the idea and when I hear comments like yours, I get more cranked. He really wants to do a R/T from San Diego but few lines do that anymore. I've never been to Vancouver, so I'd just as soon do a repo from there. Their B&B business limits when they can travel but other than that I'd go from any port, repo or R/T, who cares...it's a cruise...to Hawaii!

We're sailing next on Legend of the Seas in just five weeks so I've been pretty active on the boards lately. Nice to chat with you. It's been a good break from the Noro threads. Sorry to others on this thread...didn't want to hijack but I'm not sure how to send something directly to a particular poster.

Stay warm and hope to catch you on another thread sometime or maybe even a cruise!

Let's look at the Noro Virus a different way. We recently heard on our nightly news broadcast of a severe outbreak of Noro fairly close to our town...This happens all the time. You catch Noro on the job. You are very ill for one to three days. Do you stay home or go to the job? If you go on to the job, then you spread it to your fellow workers and thus begins the cycle. Do you all get paid sick leave plus your regular salary? Noro happens everywhere all the time, hospitals, schools, churches, nursing homes, anywhere there are people. Let's stop blaming the cruise ship. Someone, passenger or crew, brought the virus onboard and it spread like a wildfire. That's what a virus does. The ship wasn't sick...If i'm on a cruise and I am sick for several days I just consider that my misfortune and I don't expect a free cruise and fees reimbursed. It just happened and there's nothing I could have done about it. Would I board a ship if I was knowingly sick with Noro? I think not....I would reschedule. I am now off my soapbox. Happy sailing everybody!

Let's look at the Noro Virus a different way. We recently heard on our nightly news broadcast of a severe outbreak of Noro fairly close to our town...This happens all the time. You catch Noro on the job. You are very ill for one to three days. Do you stay home or go to the job? If you go on to the job, then you spread it to your fellow workers and thus begins the cycle. Do you all get paid sick leave plus your regular salary? Noro happens everywhere all the time, hospitals, schools, churches, nursing homes, anywhere there are people. Let's stop blaming the cruise ship. Someone, passenger or crew, brought the virus onboard and it spread like a wildfire. That's what a virus does. The ship wasn't sick...If i'm on a cruise and I am sick for several days I just consider that my misfortune and I don't expect a free cruise and fees reimbursed. It just happened and there's nothing I could have done about it. Would I board a ship if I was knowingly sick with Noro? I think not....I would reschedule. I am now off my soapbox. Happy sailing everybody!

You are right on point!!!! Well said.....I will be boarding The Explorer on Feb 8...