Team Earth???

Redtravel

Just off Eclipse. I still do not understand what Team Earth does. It has a big table and chairs. Never see anyone in it. Is there a purpose for its existence?

I think it's one of the Celebrity Life experiences that are part of Modern Luxury.

Either that or a part of the ship with a globe in it. I can't remember which.

On Eclipse the Captains Club Host/Hostess desk has been moved into there. Otherwise, It's just a space with some tables and chairs. On some cruises teenagers hang out there.

Or a place for the CD to film his morning TV show with no interruptions.

I also remember one of the singers telling us the learnt there lines there,as it was the only quiet place on the ship (2010)

I never saw anyone there. CD shot his daily videos in many places on the ship. I never met the Captains Club host on my last cruise. If he did show up at elite events, he did not make his presence know to me. 14 day cruise where I went to several morning/evening elite events and never saw/met the Captains Club host. It has never happened on any other Celebrity cruise. He was either hiding in Team Earth or sick.

As for MODERN LUXURY, I still don't know what this means. I understood the theme of Celebrity makes you the star. I liked that idea. Does anyone know what Modern Luxury is? If Celebrity wants to be more luxurious, bring back the pitcher of ice water and the ice bucket in the cabins....and add some items that may be luxurious.....better toiletries, thick towels, variety of candies at night (miss the different chocolates on the pillow), a tote bag that I would want to carry( miss the cloth bags), cloth lines trays carried by waiters in the buffet, improved coffee, etc. Each time I sail on Celebrity, there is something else gone that I had previously enjoyed. Last week, I missed the ice bucket/water pitcher, shower gel, different chocolate flavors every night. I eventually did get some shower gel and water. I had to ask for them. Celebrity saves money by not distributing items to all cruisers. Many people would enjoy these items if they knew they were available. Luxury to me means having what you want before you know you want it. I did enjoy my recent cruise. However, I am still not understanding Modern Luxury. I think it is just a poor ad campaign. What do you think?

I never want to be a star. I'm happy with a bit of peace and quiet.LOL Sounds like you may not have had the most active Captain's Club Host, but of course that's a completely different issue to the one you raised in your original post. Like most things they aren't all made equal. Our last CC Hostess on Equinox, Rossy, was the best I've ever had on a cruise. Really great.

Phil

Very surprised that in 14 days on Eclipse you never met Graeme at any of the Captains Club events. He is a very active host and I wonder if perhaps you met him but simply didn't realize who he was. He has office hours every day at the desk in the Team Earth area where usually there are several people waiting to see him. But there are several hundred Elites and Elite + passengers on each Eclipse cruise, which does spread the host pretty thin.

As to Modern Luxury, it's mostly just an advertising slogan like Fly the Friendly Skies or Doing What We Do Best or You're In Good Hands. Don't take it too literally.

On a recent Eclipse cruise we rarely seen the host or CD. Ben was the CD and about the worse we ever had.

Grammy was trying to sort out and answer everyone's question about the new CAptain Club.

On some ships the Earth was replaced with the hideout (hangout). It was mosly a play area for teenagers as it was always populated by them.

A lot of passengers will use the area while waitng to meet someone, or while the attendant is servicing their cabin.

🌴🍸🍻🍺