Brilliance or Liberty

So I came on a couple days ago asking for advice on 2 totally different ships- (thanks for the help) but now my friend has worked out her schedule and we can go for 5 days!! Yea! Anyway we want to leave on Saturday so that leaves us Brilliance or Liberty. Pros and Cons of each? Is Liberty worth the extra $$$ about 600$ or so more? The difference in ports is Liberty/Belize and Brill/George Town.

Thanks

Went on the Liberty a couple of weeks ago. She is a great ship bigger has the promanade which I love.

We sail on the Brillance in a few weeks. Different type of ship we haven't been on the Brillance but was on the Jewel and enjoyed her.

In my opinion either one is a good choice. I am easy I will take and RCCL ship anywhere.

We've sailed on both over the past several months and totally enjoyed both. They offer different cruise ship features but both offer a friendly, enthusiastic and personable crews. Brilliance is a smaller more intimate ship but the all-weather solarium, the spectacular though fairly brief aerial shows, and the soaring Centrum and other features which were added or enhanced during last year's revitalization should ensure that you will have a great cruise. Likewise Liberty with all its bells and whistles, great entertainment etc. would be an equally good choice, especially if the ice skating rink or the flowrider hold a special attraction to you. We had wonderful servers in MTD on both ships and would be hard=pressed to suggest one over the other without knowing a lot more about you, your cruising history, and your specific likes and dislikes. A coin flip might be as good a way as any to make your decision.

So I came on a couple days ago asking for advice on 2 totally different ships- (thanks for the help) but now my friend has worked out her schedule and we can go for 5 days!! Yea! Anyway we want to leave on Saturday so that leaves us Brilliance or Liberty. Pros and Cons of each? Is Liberty worth the extra $$$ about 600$ or so more? The difference in ports is Liberty/Belize and Brill/George Town.

Thanks

Hi sonocruiser. I just looked at your profile and noticed you've mainly posted in th NCL and HAL forums in the past. Is this your 1st RCL cruise? If so, Liberty all the way!!!

Hi sonocruiser. I just looked at your profile and noticed you've mainly posted in th NCL and HAL forums in the past. Is this your 1st RCL cruise? If so, Liberty all the way!!!

I have been on both and agree, if this is your first with RCI, go Liberty. Especially if you want to Floride and ice skate. If you like shows Liberty! Loved Saturday Night Fever and the ice shows. I loved Enchantment. But Liberty is more the mega ship experience.

We have been on the Liberty and the Jewel (sister ship) doing the same itinerary as Brilliance. Both ships are great but we preferred the Liberty although we prefer the itinerary for the Brilliance going to Cayman as opposed to Belieze.

That being said we would still pick the Liberty.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

We have been on the Liberty and the Jewel (sister ship) doing the same itinerary as Brilliance. Both ships are great but we preferred the Liberty although we prefer the itinerary for the Brilliance going to Cayman as opposed to Belieze.

That being said we would still pick the Liberty.

Sorry....Liberty & Jewel sister ships :confused::confused:

Liberty hands down. We love the Liberty.

I think the Radiance class ships (Brilliance) are way overrated. Their pool decks are way too small for Caribbean sailings. I can't imagine a better ship for N. Europe or Alaksa, but I find them to be lacking in the Caribbean.

I would absolutely pay extra for Liberty. It's has such a WOW factor and is a perfect representation of the Royal Caribbean brand IMO.

Thanks everyone! Wow it seems like Liberty is the favorite. We are really looking to just relax. No ice skating or flowrider for us. We are 2 working moms just wanting to get away and sit with a couple cocktails and enjoy the weather. Are the nightclubs about the same? Does the Brilliance have nightly shows or just Liberty?

If you are not going to do many activities, shows, etc... i'd save the $$ and do brilliance with your girlfriend. Although, I did just get off Liberty a few days ago and can't stop thinking about it. It was the best cruise, ship was amazing. BUTTTT we are very active and took advantage of all it had to offer.

I would say the Liberty because People Watching in the Royal Promenade is amazing. BUT, that said, I like the itinerary on the Brilliance better. For relaxing, yeah, I'd probably do the Brilliance. The pool bar is really nice. Yes, they do have shows but get there early if you go.

FWIW, if you like the ice shows you'll have to go on Liberty as there is no ice rink on Brilliance.

Either way you'll have a great trip!

Thanks everyone! Wow it seems like Liberty is the favorite. We are really looking to just relax. No ice skating or flowrider for us. We are 2 working moms just wanting to get away and sit with a couple cocktails and enjoy the weather. Are the nightclubs about the same? Does the Brilliance have nightly shows or just Liberty?

Brilliance and Liberty both have similar nightly entertainment, although Liberty's "Saturday Night Fever, a Musical" is more of a Broadway style production than the more generic musical production shows on Brilliance. Brilliance also offers Giovanni's Table in place of Portofino, which in the opinion of some, including myself, is a better option. Liberty has a disco deep inside the lower decks, while Brilliance has the Vortex 13 decks above the ocean. Since you indicate that many of the bells and whistles of Liberty aren't for you, I believe that Brilliance might better fit your style.

I sailed on both Jewel and Brilliance in 2013 out of Tampa. They are very similar being sister ships, but not identical. Brilliance is a step up, feels a little newer, due to the recent revitalization drydock. Brilliance has the Centrum Aerial show, Park Cafe and more premium restaurant choices.

I haven't been on Liberty, so I can't really compare the two. The biggest I've been on is Explorer, and that was 9 years ago. I actually preferred Brilliance to Explorer, but I couldn't say that about Jewel.

My husband and I love the Liberty if you couldn't tell by my signature. But we're planning on sailing the Brilliance in the fall. I know we'll miss people watching on the promenade, but we're excited to have Giovanni's and Vintages again. We loved them on the Oasis.

We just sailed the Liberty last month and loved it--but we are very active and utilize all the activities.

We will be sailing on the brilliance in the fall for the NE cruise. Since you and your friend aren't going to be doing a lot of the activities I say, book the Brillance if she is cheaper? why pay extra for things your not going to utilize. Just my thoughts.

You can't go wrong with either choice. Like others have said if you are not big on the activities that the Liberty has I would save the $$ and go on the Brilliance.

Have you checked airfares? One port may be a big difference than the other in the cost.

Edited by molly361

Thanks

Based on your wants of a relaxing cruise, I would go Brilliance and save the cash. I was on Liberty a few weeks back and she is lovely. And Saturday Night fever was fantastic. But if you just want to chillax :), go Brillaince.

In the end though, you can't go wrong with either and that is the fun part !!! Just go have a great vacation and NEVER second guess yourself. Live and love the moment you are in

Well air prices really did make the final decision for me;) So I booked the Enchantment today! I can't begin to express how happy I am to be able to go on a cruise! The best part is that I get to take along my BFF.

That's a good pick as well!!!!:D Have fun!! Ellen