Why Haven't the Noro Results Come Back Yet?

LBeeE

Just curious, but does anyone else find it odd that Caribbean Princess confirmed Noro before returning to port this week, but RCCL hasn't yet officially confirmed Noro was responsible on EOS?? Is there some sort of cover-up going on? Why haven't the results become published yet? If the CDC boarded last Saturday in St. Thomas and began collecting samples, surely they would have answers by now.

What sort of cover up would you suspect might be going on with the CDC aboard the ship? RCI has ackowledged the problem. I'm not sure that the exact viral type makes a huge difference.

Edited by Ocean Boy

Just curious, but does anyone else find it odd that Caribbean Princess confirmed Noro before returning to port this week, but RCCL hasn't yet officially confirmed Noro was responsible on EOS?? Is there some sort of cover-up going on? Why haven't the results become published yet? If the CDC boarded last Saturday in St. Thomas and began collecting samples, surely they would have answers by now.

I saw an article on cnn.com that said the bad weather in the southeast had delayed the samples getting to the CDC.

Well if it came to improper food cleaning/prep/handling, or a sick food employee, or not enough cleaning between voyages for example, RCI certainly wouldn't want that to get out. I also think it's odd we received an email from RCI the day before this story broke saying how well the company's earnings have been doing and how we have made a great solid investment by owning their stock. No need to fire away at me for asking this. Obviously I like RCI since i have cruised with them multiple times and own stock. But this is business. BIG business. Can't be so trusting.

Well if it came to improper food cleaning/prep/handling, or a sick food employee, or not enough cleaning between voyages for example, RCI certainly wouldn't want that to get out. I also think it's odd we received an email from RCI the day before this story broke saying how well the company's earnings have been doing and how we have made a great solid investment by owning their stock. No need to fire away at me for asking this. Obviously I like RCI since i have cruised with them multiple times and own stock. But this is business. BIG business. Can't be so trusting.

Many viruses cause the same symptoms, and are spread in the same way, as Noro. Again, knowing the exact viral type still would not address your concerns.

Considering the fact that they went to one port for a cleaning and then the cruise was cancelled and they returned early, I don't see how there is any cover up that it was Noro.

But the world often does not fit into the 24 hour Infotainment "News" cycle. The simple fact is they identified it as norovirus and haven't released what they believe to be the cause because they may not know yet. On Princess they also do not know the root cause. I believe the Princess cruise was brought in early with weather also a strong consideration; PAX were told it was weather related for quite some time before they eventually said Noro as well.

Not all communication and facts are instant. I'll assume that both cruiselines are operating with best intentions and cooperating with CDC and when there is an answer to be had the general public will be informed.

I have heard from someone who knows a person that talked to someone that knows someone that works near the port that said they had heard that the person who infected everyone was by The Grassy Knoll! :rolleyes:

Hahahaha best laugh I have had all day!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I have heard from someone who knows a person that talked to someone that knows someone that works near the port that said they had heard that the person who infected everyone was by The Grassy Knoll! :rolleyes:

That was awesome! We seriously need a "Like" button on CC boards! :)

CDC site still shows both outbreaks as unknown causative agent. Where are you seeing that Caribbean Princess is confirmed Noro?

Maybe Princess confirmed it but the CDC has not. http://www.cdc.gov/nceh/vsp/surv/outbreak/2014/january25_caribbean_princess.htm

*gigglesnort* :p

Yuk, yuk, yuk. I would give u a smiley, but mine does not work as all I get is punctuation symbols such as :)

It would be great if you are all correct, however I haven't seen any reports yet officially confirming it as Noro.

I haven't really either, but we probably won't. I know they were going to test, but as far as I know, no results yet. I think what you're suggesting is that it may have been food contamination, which I think is possible (I believe almost anything's possible anymore!!) but...they aren't going to come out and say that. Like others have posted, they'll look at either one as the same virus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As to spreading hype, our local ABC Affilliate (WTNH Channel 8) ran a headline story last night, showing how hype is more important than facts. They showed the Royal Caribbean logo and said that "A second Royal Caribbean Ship is ending its cruise early due to an outbreak of noro virus. The Royal Caribbean "Princess" was returning to port early." They then showed a photo of a Princess Cruise line ship, but kept saying it was Royal Caribbean. Hype sells commercial time, facts apparently do not, since it was a Princess ship, not a second Royal Caribbean ship. They are different companies folks!!!

Who cares if the story is accurate, just have a concerned look on the talking head's face, while she looks into the camera, with ominous music playing and flash a headline: "Cruise Disaster!"

I think I actually felt the vibrations from Walter Cronkite rolling over in his grave! ;)

Eric