Priority boarding...

With a JS- what are the perks? Only priority boarding and tender? I know this is the lowest level and does not qualify for the enhanced suite amenities, but anything else? Also how early could I possibly board the ship?

Nope that's just about the only benefit from staying in a junior suite. You do get to check-in in the suite area. As far as early boarding is concerned, you get to board about 30 seconds before the D+ passengers and about 3 mins before the rest of the passengers.

With a JS- what are the perks? Only priority boarding and tender? I know this is the lowest level and does not qualify for the enhanced suite amenities, but anything else? Also how early could I possibly board the ship?

Most ships start boarding around 11. You should be able to get on board shortly after that.

As far as early boarding is concerned, you get to board about 30 seconds before the D+ passengers and about 3 mins before the rest of the passengers.

That's about it:D I've never seen the "priority" boarding lines any shorter or quicker than the others.....

Priority lines mean that if there are others in a regular line, when the next agent has an open window, the next "suite" guest gets to butt into that space...that's all. You will still be in a line, albeit, a bit shorter!

Boarding a ship is NOT like boarding an airplane. It's like checking into a hotel....you simply get to "go to the head of the line", after all the others in the suite line go! No one can board until the ship is emptied of departing guests.....so get there around 11:30am....it won't take long!

Edited by cb at sea

Bathtub, robes, coffee maker and tea kettle in the suite, priority check-in, double C&A points.

Chris

Priority lines mean that if there are others in a regular line, when the next agent has an open window, the next "suite" guest gets to butt into that space...that's all. You will still be in a line, albeit, a bit shorter!

Boarding a ship is NOT like boarding an airplane. It's like checking into a hotel....you simply get to "go to the head of the line", after all the others in the suite line go! No one can board until the ship is emptied of departing guests.....so get there around 11:30am....it won't take long!

??? Not so and very misleading! With RCI, there are separate boarding areas for Suite guests as well as separate waiting lounges. Suite guests do not butt into the next available check in agent space as you describe. There are also separate lines - albeit in the same general boarding area - for C & A loyalty members based on tier level apart from general check in for non C & A members.

And boarding the ship is actually quite a bit like boarding an airplane, whereby they board first class and top tier loyalty passengers first, then follow with the different zones in order. RCI boards suite guests and highest level C & A tier members first, followed by the remaining passengers. In Bayonne, where shuttle buses are used between the terminal and the ship, they in fact assign you a number at general check in that is then called sequentially to board the buses.

Most ships also have their current passengers off at the last day by 9:30 or so and begin boarding the new passengers by about 11:00 or so. You can usually arrive at the terminal around 10:00 or so to begin checking in.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

That's not true - at least not on any ship I've been on. There is a separate check-in area for suite guests and even a JS qualifies for this.

Oh, and I don't believe a JS gets priority tender either.

Nope that's just about the only benefit from staying in a junior suite. You do get to check-in in the suite area. As far as early boarding is concerned, you get to board about 30 seconds before the D+ passengers and about 3 mins before the rest of the passengers.

Yep. Priority boarding is not a perk in real life. :)

Just a few minutes before everyone else.

I guess I am easily impressed LOL! Had a js on Allure and it was awesome. Yes, we had priority check in and at the time there was no one so we checked in took minutes. The suite lounge was very lovely and we were on the ship quite early. Our luggage came before anyone else on our deck that was not in a JS. In addition, for us, the walk in closet, larger bathroom with a "real" shower over tub, and extra room to walk around in was so worth the extra cost. We were on the hump so that didn;t hurt either

That's not true - at least not on any ship I've been on. There is a separate check-in area for suite guests and even a JS qualifies for this.

Depends on the port. Some do "Suite line gets served until we're out of suite line, then we draw from regular line". Some do "completely separate line/service reps". Either tends to push suite people on board faster than otherwise, so I'm happy either way.