Steel is cut!

InTheWASide

Considering the roll out date is February, 2016, does anyone want to speculate as to where she will be deployed. It is too early in the season to be doing European cruises, so what do you think?

I would love to do a Med cruise in February! NCL has a ship in the Med in the winter.

But, I think they'll just put her in the Caribbean, sigh… :(

Probably not the Mexican Riviera! We don't even get Vista-class ships anymore.

igraf

Considering the roll out date is February, 2016, does anyone want to speculate as to where she will be deployed. It is too early in the season to be doing European cruises, so what do you think?

I am certainly pleased with this news. I was beginning to think it was not going to happen.

Also glad to learn that Mr. Tihany will be involved with the newbuild's interior design. Having been aboard Celebrity Eclipse, which I assume he was also involved like the Solstice, I thought the ship's interior spaces all were beautiful, in a modern sense.

I am less pleased to learn that Mr. Storbraaten will be involved. While I thought the Nieuw Amsterdam's interiors were lovely in the HAL tradition, I was less thrilled with the Eurodam's interiors: particularly, the Explorer's Lounge interior wall, the ugly sculpture in the Atrium, and the unimaginative decor of the stateroom corridors. I am hopeful he will do better on our newbuild.

For her inaugural cruise I can't see her sailing without passengers - I would guess she will do a Europe for a smidge or potentially a TA right off the bat to FLL. Will be interesting to see. If it's like most builds/renovations that I have done it will run behind.

I am sure they will have something planned and announced big time when it looks like it will be on time:D

HAL needs to improve their pizza considerably before they consider your suggestion. HAL pizza sucks.:rolleyes:

The poster was referring to a piazza, not pizza. I know it looks like pizza at a quick glance.

Almost in time for a RSVP charter... ;)