Spring 2014 Season of DWTS Formal Gowns and more...

KandCsailing

I agree about Erin's dress. The top was too low so it made her shoulders look big and her torso look short. I did like the skirt and the color though. And at least it wasn't black and orange again. :)

I thought Meryl actually danced better than Maks. She could have been the pro. I don't understand why they scored her only one point higher than Candice. It sure is interesting seeing such a different side of Maks this season.

I wish Amy could have done more waltzing in hold. It seems like that would be easier for her than all that spinning Derek put in. It's amazing what she can do.

What was up with Ne Ne's tantrum??

As a lover of all things Disney, I think the show suffered a bit from all the Disney additions.

Started off when the animated Genie distracted me from watching Drew and Cheryl.

Yes, they did too much animation. I liked the ice in Peta and James's dance but the rest was distracting.

I liked Erin's dress. Nice clean lines. Not wild about Carrie Ann's choice.

I also enjoyed Redfoo as a guest judge but I've liked him since LMAFA became popular.

Sharna's white dress was interesting with the neon coloured straps on the back. It was so low though I figure she can't have a butt crack or we would have seen it.

If I ever had a chance to dance I want to be with Tony. He is so nice and patient. Then again, I don't want to be with him because I want him to be able to win.

Didn't get the insecure Maks story. It's hard being perfect and having the best dancer as a partner. I am starting to warm up to Meryl as a person, but I still don't think the ice dancers belong on the show.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Forums mobile app

I agree about Erin's dress being ok and Carrie Ann's so-so. Redfoo was hilarious. (I only watched the first 50 minutes, up until the Macy dancers did their thing - will watch the rest tonight).

Drew Carey was on Ellen yesterday and said he'd probably be eliminated this week. So he was fine with it.

I love Tony too but it was weird for him to be so jealous of Derek last week - wonder if those two get along in real life.

I think Meryl's appearance makes her seem like an ice princess but I don't think her personality is really like that. She seems really sweet.

I want Harold Wheeler and the original singers back! The woman who sang "I Wanna Dance With Somebody" was horrible, just awful IMO. I could her her straining on the high notes and they were often off key. I know that everybody has a bad night, but I'm really disappointed with the lack of quality in the live music.

There are always a ringer or two in every season - Kristi Yamaguchi, the PussyCat doll who won with Derek, etc. I think that we're about to see the typical mid-season "shocker" elimination. I thought it might be Peta and James since he got all 10s last week and that's sometimes a sign. I just hope it isn't Charlie - I think that the nits the judges pick with him are inconsequential and that his dancing is better than anybody who scored over him. And he really seems to be having fun.

I don't care for the new format, but I'm hooked on the show, so I just TiVo it and skip over a lot of the fluff.:)

I swear, it looked like Nene was going to knock herself out with her boobs flying up and down. She's really a big woman, and dwarfs her partner by a lot.

I wasn't sure about Redfoo, but he was pretty good as a guest judge.

I just saw the show on DVR--Easter and a track meet got in the way. Unfortunately I slept through a lot of it (7 grandkids all weekend will do that to you), but at least the right person went home this week. I loved Meryl's dance.

So far Erin's dresses have been just so-so--her body is so long that many dresses don't seem to fit right. I liked last week's blue dress, but it didn't seem right for her.

No idea who Redfoo is, so it was a mystery to me why he was a judge, but at least there was someone as (almost) outrageous as Bruno on.

Best dress on Erin so far! That color-blocking with the dark color on the sides is really big this year. Did you see the heels she was wearing?? I don't know how anyone can walk in those.

Agree about Ne Ne and her boobs. :) Instead of trying to reel in her movements, I think Tony was trying to match his movements to her. It didn't really suit his dance style and seemed a little awkward.

I don't get the Maks insecurity thing either. It seems like Meryl is the coach instead of him. Her Tango was great.

Charlie was great too. Loved Danica. James seemed a little off this week. I think the dance was too fast for him.

Unfortunately it's not the first time someone has danced wearing lingerie.

I think someone wore black or white in the past and I actually thought that Peta's all red looked more covered up.

I didn't care for most of the music last night. I thought Charlie's Paso Doble was wonderful, when I ignored the song.

I wouldn't have scored Meryl so high, because I thought she was hidden from the judges at the beginning of the dance. I give her props for doing a lot out in front by herself though.

Too bad about Amy not being able to perform the group dance. Hope she's okay to train for next Monday.

Another week of me thinking that Erin and Carrie Ann's dresses are "okay".

Found a series written by Carrie Ann. What she wore that night is listed at the bottom. This is last weeks. Looks like she posts on Tuesdays.

http://parade.condenast.com/282494/carrieanninaba/carrie-ann-inaba-meryl-and-maks-took-my-breath-away/

Again, have only seen the first half so far (but cheated and checked to see who got eliminated - yay - love living on the West Coast so I can check results 3 hours early). I loved the sweetheart neckline of Erin's dress but was then disappointed when they panned away to see that it was just a pencil skirt dress.

I hope Amy's ok. She and Derek were on Ellen yesterday (which was taped on Friday). Derek explained why he was doing the show this year after he had said he was taking some time off. He wanted the challenge of teaching Amy to dance. What a guy.

It was my very favorite look for Erin - loved the black one-shouldered jumpsuit and awesome belt.

Man, that guest judge - she has a reality show where she teaches young girls ballet and she's just mean. I've only seen snippets of it, enough to get an idea. Whose idea was it to have her on this show? Bad idea!

I still have to watch the 2nd half with the stars dancing with each other. Sad about who went home - very wrong.

It was my very favorite look for Erin - loved the black one-shouldered jumpsuit and awesome belt.

Man, that guest judge - she has a reality show where she teaches young girls ballet and she's just mean. I've only seen snippets of it, enough to get an idea. Whose idea was it to have her on this show? Bad idea!

I still have to watch the 2nd half with the stars dancing with each other. Sad about who went home - very wrong.

No, no, NO, she does not teach ballet. She's into lyrical, modern, contemporary and others that all look the same with a bit of ballet thrown in.:D Loved what Maks said to her.

I agree, wrong who went home.

Oh, that's funny - I assumed she taught ballet because of what she said to somebody about ballet moves, lol. Just proves even more how awful she is. Yes, I loved what Max said about her too "I don't listen to anything she has to say."

Did they mention who was the guest judge next week? And why do they keep needing to have guest judges? Do they think it helps in the ratings?

I've never watched her show, so I didn't get why she was even a guest judge; I guess because she must be outrageous in her style of coaching/judging. Early on she had some pretty mean comments; I noticed she moderated her comments later, probably based on the crowd reaction she was getting. I'd actually never heard of her before.

Very wrong who went home, but at this stage they are all quite good. I thought that person would be in the final, actually. I think it's going to come down to a popularity contest at the end, because there are so many great dancers.

I liked Erin's outfit tonight; she doesn't really dress to the nine's, like Brooke often did, but that really doesn't fit her style and body, so it's fine.

Oh, that's funny - I assumed she taught ballet because of what she said to somebody about ballet moves, lol. Just proves even more how awful she is. Yes, I loved what Max said about her too "I don't listen to anything she has to say."

Did they mention who was the guest judge next week? And why do they keep needing to have guest judges? Do they think it helps in the ratings?

Ballet is my thing so she's like a car wreck to me, you don't want to look but you do anyway. I also like to yell at her on TV.:o:D I think she thinks she's a legend in her own time, just so full of herself. She was correct that Meryl had a sickled foot. How important is that in ballroom dancing? I don't know.

Tired of this guest judge thing and guess they do think it helps with the ratings. On top of it, hate when they have someone who has nothing to do with dance. BTW, who was that person with the glasses last week? He had nothing of any substance to say, just a bunch of gobblely gook.

I'd never heard of that Abby woman before but I hated her from the moment she opened her mouth. What a bad choice for a guest judge. And what did she say about Candace? Mark should have left her on the floor? What??? :(

Erin is starting to grow on me as an interviewer but I didn't like her jumpsuit. She's just too casual. Maybe it's hard for her to find gowns because she's so tall and long-limbed.

Loved Danica's white and black dress.

Did they mention who was the guest judge next week?

next week...

"Legendary choreographer Kenny Ortega joins DWTS as guest judge."

I had to look him up also.

The jumpsuit was okay on Erin. I thought it made her look hippy.

I'm good with Danica leaving; thought she was over scored a lot.

Candace should go next to me, although I was amazed at the life she and Charlie did together. Those ice skating skills are showing on him but she didn't have the training.

Didn't get Abby Lee giving Charlie a 10 after picking on him.

BTW, who was that person with the glasses last week? He had nothing of any substance to say, just a bunch of gobblely gook.
Last week was Ricky Martin. Redfoo was the week before with everyone wearing the glasses.

He is half of the group LMFAO who had the hits Party Rock Anthem and Sexy and I Know It.

New to me stuff:

He is the youngest son of Motown Record Company founder Berry Gordy, Jr.

He's dating former #1 tennis player Victoria Azarenka.

I haven't watched but I still check in on this thread.

Kenny Ortega is quite famous...he was the Choreographer who was

in charge of Michael Jackson's show (well the show that never was)....

the last show Michael was preparing for when he died.

Last week was Ricky Martin. Redfoo was the week before with everyone wearing the glasses.

He is half of the group LMFAO who had the hits Party Rock Anthem and Sexy and I Know It.

New to me stuff:

He is the youngest son of Motown Record Company founder Berry Gordy, Jr.

He's dating former #1 tennis player Victoria Azarenka.

He was a guest performer on one of the results shows a couple of seasons ago,,,maybe that's what got him interested in judging?