Latest to Disembark

tmsaue1

Headed out on the Oasis in a month and wondering what is the latest that we can disembark? We have an afternoon flight, so we are in no rush. Remind me again, when do we have to be out of our cabins?

Not sure of an exact time, but just as you were anxious to get onboard a week earlier, there are a few thousand others who want to board the Oasis once you and your fellow passengers have disembarked and the ship is ready to accept new cruisers. I believe that they prefer to clear the ship no later than 9:30 or 10:00 am (perhaps earlier since I believe walk-offs have reported being off Oasis/Allure by as early as 6:30 am) so you should probably plan accordingly. You may be in no rush to disembark but you do owe it to everyone to not dawdle.

Edited by negc

I haven't sailed on Oasis but I have on Allure.

All 3 times, the stateroom attendant asked that we were out of the cabin by 9am at the latest. There were bars and lounges in use for those who had high numbered luggage tags and some of those were not 'called' to say the luggage was available in the terminal until well gone 10am.

I hope you have a lovely cruise :)

Why don't you try a post cruise shore excursion which drops you off at either FLL or Miami Airport. Your luggage with go with you until you reach the airport.

Citysightseeing Greater Miami from Port Everglades - FT36 $39 dollars - 4 hour tour

Enjoy the Miami most emblematic zones and discover all its beauty, from a different point of view: On board a Double Decker Bus!. Discover from above South Beach and it´s famous Art-Deco District, Coral Gables, Coconut Grove, Little Havana, Downtown and more! This tour ends ends at Miami International Airport from that point the operator offers the guests a complimentary shuttle to Airport/Fort Lauderdale International Airport or back to the port.

NOTES:Domestic flights departing after 2:50pm or international flights departing after 3:50pm from MIA International Airport. Domestic flights departing after 3:50pm or international flights departing after 4:50pm from FLL International Airport.

Sawgrass Mills Shopping Mall Express Excursion.

FT21 - (Ends at FLL) $39 dollars - 4 hour Tour

FT22 - (Ends at MIA) $49 dollars - 4 hour tour

This tour gives shoppers the opportunity to visit one of the largest shopping malls in North America. The tour also provides the added convenience of taking you directly to Ft. Lauderdale or Miami airport following your shopping spree. For those guests who are sailing on consecutive cruises, you will be returned to the ship. HIGHLIGHTS: Shop in Sawgrass Mills Mall, one of the largest malls in North America. Transfer to Ft. Lauderdale or Miami airport.

NOTES: Please verify your flight time prior to booking this tour.

This tour is available to guests with flights departing from Fort Lauderdale airport at 3:00 pm or later for domestic flights, and 4:00 pm or later for international flights.

This tour is available to guests with flights departing from Miami International Airport at 3:30 pm or later for domestic flights and 4:30 pm or later for international flights.

Everglades Airboat Ride (Ends at FLL) - FT01 $54 dollars

4 1/2 hour Tour

Take an exciting airboat ride through the Florida Everglades. Explore the amazing eco-system, home to an abundance of birds, mammals and reptiles. HIGHLIGHTS: 30 minute airboat ride through the Everglades. Drop off at the Ft. Lauderdale airport. NOTES: Wear comfortable walking shoes. Please verify your flight time prior to booking this tour.

This tour is available to guests with flights departing from Ft. Lauderdale airport at 2:30 pm or later for domestic flights and 3:30 pm or later for international flights.

Ft. Lauderdale Land and Sea (Ends at FLL) - FT16 $59 dollars

4 Hour Tour

On land and water, you will see the historic sites of world famous Ft. Lauderdale, "The Venice of America". HIGHLIGHTS: An air-conditioned bus ride through Ft. Lauderdale's city highlights. Ride on a Mississippi paddle wheeler style boat along the famous Intracoastal Waterway.

Drop off at Ft. Lauderdale airport. NOTES: Please verify your flight time prior to booking this tour.

This tour is available to guests with domestic flights departing Ft. Lauderdale Airport (FLL) after 2:30 pm and international flights departing after 3:30 pm.

Edited by Roce48

...you really don't want to linger...any and all of that lovely service you've gotten all week is conspicuously missing the last morning.

AGAIN, I disagree with you and will keep after you until you hopefully stop posting this absolutely false statement - however long that takes - it's already been years. I have never had anything but excellent service up to and including the very last moment I was on the ship. I am positive others here would say the same.

*shaking head*

AGAIN, I disagree with you and will keep after you until you hopefully stop posting this absolutely false statement - however long that takes - it's already been years. I have never had anything but excellent service up to and including the very last moment I was on the ship. I am positive others here would say the same.

*shaking head*

Not the poster you were responding to, but.... It's not that the service it terrible. It's just that nothing is open for you to receive the service from, with the exception of the open dining venues and guest services. Everyone else from the crew is pretty much handling tasks to prepare for the next sailing.

Umm, wow. :(

Yeah, the others are correct - 9:30 is the time they are aiming for to have a zero count.

I went back to my notes from our Oasis trip in June. We were assigned an "off" time between 9:45-10a. That was with number 37. I think the numbers went into the 50's at least. I don't see anyway they're going to have a zero count at 9:30.

*shaking head*

While there are those of us who understand, agree, and contribute with your efforts on correcting the frequently incorrect information provided by this poster, it probably is in vain as I don't think they ever return to a given thread to read the comments.

....and just continue to offer incorrect, misleading, and often false information with their posts.

Headed out on the Oasis in a month and wondering what is the latest that we can disembark? We have an afternoon flight, so we are in no rush. Remind me again, when do we have to be out of our cabins?

We had a 1:00 p.m. flight out of FLL, so we were in no hurry this past Saturday. Our number was 76 and our friends' number was 92. Our stated departure time was 10:00 to 10:30. We didn't get off the Oasis until after 11:00 and we finally made it through customs/immigration and into the taxi at 11:55. We got to the gate just as they started boarding, and only because the plane was ten minutes late.

Next time I'll cool my heels in the airport, rather than on the ship. That was a pretty stressful way to end a vacation.

I don't remember what time we had to be out of the room, but breakfast in the Windjammer ended at 9:15. The room steward entered our room around 8:00 wanting to check the mini bar; DH was standing there in his underwear and the guy knocked and opened the door without waiting for a reply. Pretty funny. We took that as a cue to get out.

What lecture was that? You asked and were given accurate info

I agree with the OP........there was a little lecture in there.....as there is often with a message board (not just this one...you should see the Jets message boards)....people need to simply rely on RCCL to clear the ship....The OP didn't need to be told not to 'dawdle".

What lecture was that? You asked and were given accurate info

Sort of. They were given information and then told how to behave and what to think. That's a lecture.

I asked pretty much the same question and was lectured too. I live local to the port. I certainly don't need to drag my luggage off at 7:00AM, nor did I need to be in line at 9:00AM. Thousands of others had more time sensitive travel plans and customs was SEVERELY delayed. Me rushing to be off would only delay others. I walked off at 9:30 and spent an hour in line for customs. Shortly after I got off the ship they actually STOPPED allowing people off as the line was snarled back to the ship deck anyway. In hindsight I should have stayed onboard later than I had.

I don't believe the OP is looking to extend their vacation; they just don't NEED to fight the crowds to rush off, therefore they are looking for a relatively low stress way to get themselves ready, gather belongings, have breakfast, and be prepared to leave in a TIMELY manner, thus the cut and paste lecture that the same people post every time this comes up is old and uncalled for.

I see nothing selfish or misguided about OP's question.

*shaking head*

I think it's actually auto text depending on subject and said poster never returns to a thread to see if anyone disagrees with the postings.

I don't see anyway they're going to have a zero count at 9:30.

Oh, I fully understand that it's not going to happen; I said they were aiming for that, as explained by staff member Julie on the show "Mighty Ships" concerning Oasis. What they want, what they aim for, and what happens are all different things. :)

...it probably is in vain as I don't think they ever return to a given thread to read the comments. ....and just continue to offer incorrect, misleading, and often false information with their posts.

I think it's actually auto text depending on subject and said poster never returns to a thread to see if anyone disagrees with the postings.

Well, I tried and will continue to do so. I would absolutely hate to think that there could be a newbie here who might take her incorrect posts as fact. :(

Oh, I fully understand that it's not going to happen; I said they were aiming for that, as explained by staff member Julie on the show "Mighty Ships" concerning Oasis. What they want, what they aim for, and what happens are all different things. :)

Well, I tried and will continue to do so. I would absolutely hate to think that there could be a newbie here who might take her incorrect posts as fact. :(

Keep trying Karen, she may just see some of the responses as she actually posted about the up charge at Chops and did not try to tell someone that the entire charge was the tip.

Your right that someone new to these boards may believe her.

You will need to be OUT of the cabin by 8am or so...the ship won't be empty until around 10 am....you really don't want to linger...any and all of that lovely service you've gotten all week is conspicuously missing the last morning.

You seem to be among the very few who feel that the "lovely service you've gotten all week is conspicuously missing the last morning". While they certainly want to be free to prepare the ship for the next batch of passengers, we have never been treated with anything but the utmost courtesy and friendly service on our last day onboard. It seems fruitless to call this to your attention since you have continued to post this claim for years in spite of many posts from folks who disagree with your sentiment.

And when someone posts that they want to know how late they can remain on the ship, some might get the impression that they wish to delay their departure later than necessary, and are concerned only that an early debarkation doesn't neatly fit their schedule. An explanation of the reason that the staff wants you to vacate your room early and depart by a reasonable hour, hardly seems to me to be a lecture or a lesson in etiquette. However, to each according to his needs.

the lectures really are not needed. they happen way to often on this site. OP asked a simple question. waiting to be last is no more inconsiderate than those rushing of the ship first. if you have no need to be anywhere, let those that do get off first. RCI will let him know when it is time to go and OP was simply asking when that may be. He did not indicate any attempt to dawdle or interfere with RCIs job of turning the ship over.

While there are those of us who understand, agree, and contribute with your efforts on correcting the frequently incorrect information provided by this poster, it probably is in vain as I don't think they ever return to a given thread to read the comments.

....and just continue to offer incorrect, misleading, and often false information with their posts.

I mean, geez louise, everyone knows that on the last morning you are like a non-entity stuck in "limbo land". Nothing is open, sea pass card is useless, public areas jammed packed. All you are is a debarkation number that you wish was a tad lower. Sure, the crew still "loves" you, but they'd love for you

to be off the ship even more.

Sort of. They were given information and then told how to behave and what to think. That's a lecture.

I asked pretty much the same question and was lectured too. I live local to the port. I certainly don't need to drag my luggage off at 7:00AM, nor did I need to be in line at 9:00AM. Thousands of others had more time sensitive travel plans and customs was SEVERELY delayed. Me rushing to be off would only delay others. I walked off at 9:30 and spent an hour in line for customs. Shortly after I got off the ship they actually STOPPED allowing people off as the line was snarled back to the ship deck anyway. In hindsight I should have stayed onboard later than I had.

I don't believe the OP is looking to extend their vacation; they just don't NEED to fight the crowds to rush off, therefore they are looking for a relatively low stress way to get themselves ready, gather belongings, have breakfast, and be prepared to leave in a TIMELY manner, thus the cut and paste lecture that the same people post every time this comes up is old and uncalled for.

I see nothing selfish or misguided about OP's question.

Me either, I could not have said it better!

Edited by evelyn51

I don't think the service is any different on disembarkation, it's just that many things are not open...and for good reason....RCCL wants disembarking passengers attention to be on leaving the ship, and if all shops, pools, bars, etc were open, there would clearly be a delay.....

For me, the last morning is all about getting off the ship as efficiently as possible...not for the next guests, but to get my ass home and back into the grind.....