Electrical outlets for Copenhagen, Denmark Hotels?

Lavendar Lace

Hubby and I are going on a transatlantic cruise this September from Copenhagen to New York--17 day Iceland & British Isle Explorer. We're staying one night in Copenhagen prior to boarding the Royal Princess. Just wanting to know what the electrical outlets/voltage is in the Scandic Copenhagen hotel? :)

Tom and Diane

Europe generally is 220-230 volts- it would be unusual to have a lesser voltage outside of N. America and some S American countries. Buy a universal adapter which can also be used for the 220v plug in your cabin on the cruise.

Thank you for the info! We'll get a converter and adapter

Tom and Diane

Double-check all the electrical and electronics you are taking before you get a converter. Many things (most electronics) are dual-voltage power supplies now. Even travel hair dryers are most likely dual-voltage. No sense buying something you won't need :)

While North America is 110/120 and 60 cycles Europe is 220/240 and 50 cycles. You need a step down transformer to run standard NA electronics with a European plug (round not flat). Also any electronics such as timers work poorly due to Europe running on 50 cycles They work but they loose time constantly.

You may not need a converter, so check the fine print on your devices before you invest money. It may turn out that all your electronic devices will function at any voltage from 110-240 and 50-60 cycles. In that case you just need a cheap simple adaptor (one with 2 round prongs). If you do need a converter you need to make sure you get one that can handle the appropriate wattage for your device (s). There are low wattage converters, high wattage converters, and the better converters are switchable to handle any wattage.

Hank

I always carry both a regular and a polarized adapter plug (2 vs 3 prong). I also carry a travel power strip that can handle dual voltage issues. It's very small, not like the power strips you use at home. Gives me one spot to plug in my stuff - battery charger, iPad, phone… I have 2 of them, a Monster Outlets to Go and one I picked up from the Magellan travel stuff catalog/website. It comes in handy when I travel anywhere, land or cruises. It's a pain to hunt for those plugs in hotel rooms!!!