elite laundry

wp bob

The only issue that we have had with Princess's laundry is that is not necessarily kind to undergarments that may have some spandex in them...I just threw out some wholly (not holy) :)underwear.

The Elite laundry is the perk that we most value and would hate to see it curtailed or limited as a result of misuse.

The only issue that we have had with Princess's laundry is that is not necessarily kind to undergarments that may have some spandex in them...I just threw out some wholly (not holy) :)underwear.

The Elite laundry is the perk that we most value and would hate to see it curtailed or limited as a result of misuse.

LOL. I think you mean holey.

Absolutely I am serious.

Those people KNOW that they are stealing, pure and simple and their actions could affect thousands of passenger's benefits.

Mike:)

Like you say, "It's stealing"! We usually book suites to receive this free laundry benefit, but to not received it back for 4 to 6 days would be totally unreasonable. :mad: We would never dream of sending out others laundry from our room nor would we ask it of them. :confused:

To date, our biggest problem with the ships laundry service is those pesky hidden laundry tags that seem to pop up as much as 2 to 3 months later. :D We usually sent out 2 bags every 4/5 days for the two of us.

Edited by RetiredNTraveling

I send everything out but would never send beaded or sequined items. Only problems have been the occasional broken button. When I did the tour on the Sapphire, I didn't see any hot water washing machines. I saw large machines that use a dry-cleaning-like chemical process. The drying machines were hot, though.

Oh, you're right....I think it is the hot dryers to be more concerned about! I also would never send them my beaded formals. So you don't think they do any water cleaning, just chemical cleaning?

Princess has stated on their Facebook page that it is perfectly alright for any passenger sharing a cabin with an Elite to share in the Elite benefits, free laundry included. To do the laundry of someone in another cabin is wrong.

Why do you think Princess has gone to pump dispensers in the showers? It is from all those passengers who daily have the steward replenish the shampoo/conditioner/bars of soap, load up their suitcases with them, and then go home and try to re-sell them on Ebay!

Same goes for the coffee cards, when several people are drinking the 'unlimited' brewed coffee from the same card or with the soda and UKP cards that are shared.

Abuse of the system goes on everywhere, not just on cruise ships. Perhaps Princess should do away with all perks and packages therefore ending the abuse. :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...
Princess has stated on their Facebook page that it is perfectly alright for any passenger sharing a cabin with an Elite to share in the Elite benefits, free laundry included. To do the laundry of someone in another cabin is wrong.

Why do you think Princess has gone to pump dispensers in the showers? It is from all those passengers who daily have the steward replenish the shampoo/conditioner/bars of soap, load up their suitcases with them, and then go home and try to re-sell them on Ebay!

Same goes for the coffee cards, when several people are drinking the 'unlimited' brewed coffee from the same card or with the soda and UKP cards that are shared.

Abuse of the system goes on everywhere, not just on cruise ships. Perhaps Princess should do away with all perks and packages therefore ending the abuse. :rolleyes:

Princess doesn't seem nearly as upset as some people on this thread. I have the impression that they don't want to be the small-things police.

Complimentary laundry is a HUGE benefit to me, so I really hope Princess doesn't reduce or eliminate it! There are many important reasons why people must do laundry more frequently. Some have a medical condition and must change clothes frequently, others have been traveling for days before the cruise, and then there are those doing lengthy cruises and can't bring umpteen pairs of undies!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Complimentary laundry is a HUGE benefit to me, so I really hope Princess doesn't reduce or eliminate it! There are many important reasons why people must do laundry more frequently. Some have a medical condition and must change clothes frequently, others have been traveling for days before the cruise, and then there are those doing lengthy cruises and can't bring umpteen pairs of undies!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Princess has not given any indication that they will cut laundry. It's just that people have conflated one bad experience on the Royal and the fact that internet was cut back for unrelated reasons. Accordingly, they propose limits almost as a way of negotiating with themselves.

Princess would be very foolish to cut back on the laundry. It's the perk that really sets the Captain's Circle aside. I think they'd lose customers. And we know they read the boards. They know how people feel about the laundry. And unless you grant, as they claim today, that corporations are unfeeling and out to wring the last dollar from everyone, I don't think they will.

I'm sure it's not unique but on the Royal's T/A last October, several people were sending out 5-7 bags a day for days on end.

Pam

I'm not doubting you one bit. I'm just curious to how people can even accumulate that much laundry in one day. When you think about it a TA wouldn't have many families on board and I would imagine that it would be mostly an older or retired demographic. Even if they were sending out wash for one other person in the room how could they be sending so much laundry out daily. They must be collecting it from the entire deck. We are a family of 4 and we don't do that many loads daily even with towels.

I'm just curious to how people can even accumulate that much laundry in one day.

The theory put forth by a supervisor onboard the Royal TA is that elites were offering their free laundry service to friends. Some bags of laundry contained 5 - 6 men's pants of differing sizes. Not too difficult to determine what was going on.

We gave our steward a bag on embarkation day and did not see our garments for 5 days. Not acceptable at all.

Lew

Pam

I'm not doubting you one bit. I'm just curious to how people can even accumulate that much laundry in one day. When you think about it a TA wouldn't have many families on board and I would imagine that it would be mostly an older or retired demographic. Even if they were sending out wash for one other person in the room how could they be sending so much laundry out daily. They must be collecting it from the entire deck. We are a family of 4 and we don't do that many loads daily even with towels.

Mike, it happens. :o

There was a woman who told everyone in our favorite bar to give her anything they wanted cleaned and she would send it out with hers to get it done for free. She was giving people she didn't even know her cabin number so they could drop it off. :rolleyes:

LuLu

~~~

The theory put forth by a supervisor onboard the Royal TA is that elites were offering their free laundry service to friends. Some bags of laundry contained 5 - 6 men's pants of differing sizes. Not too difficult to determine what was going on.

We gave our steward a bag on embarkation day and did not see our garments for 5 days. Not acceptable at all.

Lew

We heard the same from our room steward - we sent 3 bags total on the TA and not even full as I do a lot of my own items and DH doesn't mind a load or 2 in the machines. The IC was full of chatter about the laundry situation:D

There was a woman who told everyone in our favorite bar to give her anything they wanted cleaned and she would send it out with hers to get it done for free. She was giving people she didn't even know her cabin number so they could drop it off. :rolleyes:

LuLu

~~~

Now that takes big brass ones!!!

LuLu

~~~

How drunk was she..... when she made that offer?:mad: I don't even want to deal with my own laundry whether I'm doing it myself or sending it out, let alone offer to be responsible for some strangers laundry. That is just appalling. Shame on Princess for allowing that. The stewards are afraid to say no to someone who is abusing the policy but they don't consider how many others they are upsetting by inconveniencing them with delayed return of their laundry.

We had only a couple of times on the Emerald Princess this winter where we didn't get our laundry back the next day (but we also didn't send out much, so maybe it would have been more). Last year, we had that most of the time (which some on here couldn't believe, but now they do, I'm sure). As for same day turnaround, when we requested it on the last day, for DH's tux shirt, we were not charged extra. If we had sent an entire bag of laundry same day, I suspect we would have been.

Pam

I'm not doubting you one bit. I'm just curious to how people can even accumulate that much laundry in one day. When you think about it a TA wouldn't have many families on board and I would imagine that it would be mostly an older or retired demographic.

The bottom line is that they can't. There were a number of groups of friends traveling together. Age or whether you're retired has nothing to do with it. :) I don't know anyone who sends out more than one bag at a time other than perhaps after a long pre-cruise trip or a 2- or 3-day tour off the ship during the cruise.

You'll find people on any cruise with a feeling of entitlement and that they're "special." One time, years ago at Muster, I was chatting with the couple next to me. He said, "You know, we're on Aloha deck." I kind of looked at him blankly until I realized he thought that it being the highest deck on the ship that he had a premium cabin. At least, I think that's what he meant. Never really figured it out but he said it as though he was very, very special.

Edited by Pam in CA

I don't know anyone who sends out more than one bag at a time other than perhaps after a long pre-cruise trip or a 2- or 3-day tour off the ship during the cruise.

I will send out two bags because I use a one bag for "laundry" and one for "cleaning" so the items do not get mixed up.

I will send out two bags because I use a one bag for "laundry" and one for "cleaning" so the items do not get mixed up.
That's a good idea. I bet if you combined them, they wouldn't add up to more than one bag a day. :)

• 1 year later...
Just happened last month on the Ruby. One spouse Elite; the other not. Everything laundered, but non Elite spouse incurred charges on their account. Could be only the Ruby doing it, but if one ship starts it, you can expect it to happen on the others.

Just asking......How would they determine that I DON'T wear women's clothing in the privacy of my cabin at night. Or that a wife hasn't slept in her bubbys PJ's. This is silly.

I just recently did a b2b--Royal and CB. On the Royal the wait was 3-5 days to have laundry done. I ended up having dirty clothing as I boarded the CB. I sent out my laundry the First morning. Obviously I didn't have that much laundry the first night,. Was I wrong to have my laundry sent out??? 24 hours later my clothing was brought back and I had clean items for my 2nd half cruise.

I wish my cabin stewart would question anything I send out. He's a stewart, not President of policy dept of Princess:eek:

like many of us in the Elite club. We've cruised and spent thousands of dollars with Princess ($40, 000 plus) for me. What needs to be done is close the door on getting to Elite status by taking as little as 8 West Coast one day cruises for as little as $39 TO COLLECT the points. This is something for another day. But it has the Company over run by Elite members.

I dont believe they are sorting laundry by sex.......what happens if you are a single traveling man and all your unmentionables are lacy items:D Id like to hear that conversation. :rolleyes:

Some people make more of this stuff than it is and they tend to be really petty. You're in the same cabin, send the laundry out.

He can get priority tender access, go to the events with you, etc. You can even shop in the shops and get your discount and him pay with his credit card.

My last Elite cruise I was sailing SOLO and they told to invite a guest from the ship, if I liked, for the lounge and cocktail party.

I think some people try and make these things much more exclusive than they really are, as some sort of status symbol.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk