Can You Get a Diamond Status Upgrade Mid-Cruise?

LuvBNatC

I went from Platinum to Emerald mid-cruise, but didn't even think to question it because the perks were virtually the same. But now I'm 2 points from Diamond, and technically, I will achieve it after one night of my next sailing, which leaves a lot of cruise where I'd enjoy the Diamond perks.

(This is assuming I still get double points for sailing solo - and paying double :( ). The particular voyage is still TBD, but I'm getting close to a decision. :D

Does anyone ever go to Guest Services in mid-cruise and get a status upgrade, or is it simply not done until after the whole cruise is completed? Do I just have to suck it up and keep my nose pressed to the Diamond Lounge glass until my NEXT cruise?

From the website.

Q: What are Cruise Points and why do they matter?

A: Cruise Points are the way you earn membership status in the Crown & Anchor Society. You can earn one Cruise Point for every cruise night you sail with us, and DOUBLE the points when you purchase a suite. For instance, if you complete a 7-night cruise, you'll earn 7 Cruise Points, and when you purchase a suite you'll earn 14 Cruise Points. Further terms and conditions apply. Points are not recorded or applied until after you complete your sailing. For example, if you are graduating from Gold to Platinum tier level on your current sailing, you will not receive Platinum level benefits until your next sailing.

Cruise Points are important if you are a member of the Crown & Anchor Society because the more Cruise Points you earn, the more benefits you enjoy. For a complete list of the membership levels and benefits of the Crown & Anchor Society, check out our Member Benefits page in the Crown & Anchor section the RoyalCaribbean.com website.

I think it depends on the Loyalty Ambassador on your particular sailing. We were on a TransAtlantic cruise with our friends who half-way through the cruise got the # of days needed for Diamond status. The Loyalty Ambassador did "something" with their sea pass cards and gave them the Diamond pins to wear.

Guest Services would probably not be able to help you but the LA might. Ask, he/she can only say "no" but might say "yes". ;)

Our experience was that we could not get the change mid-cruise, but we were able to get changed to Diamond on the 2nd leg of our B2B when we became Diamond at midway through the 1st leg. Just went to the LA and she took care of it quickly, marking our records and putting a sticker on our card.

Thanks everyone for your experiences. I really didn't have high hopes that my status would change mid-cruise, but I think just to test the system I will ask the LA and see what happens. It doesn't hurt to ask, and it's not as if I'm asking for anything I haven't earned.

Pulling the pieces together now for my next one. (A short hop would be nice to get the 2 points, but the expense of getting to a ship, since none sail from Norfolk, make that impractical.)

Karen

Thanks everyone for your experiences. I really didn't have high hopes that my status would change mid-cruise, but I think just to test the system I will ask the LA and see what happens. It doesn't hurt to ask, and it's not as if I'm asking for anything I haven't earned.

Karen

It doesn't hurt to ask (nicely of course) - I was getting a next cruise form up at the LA desk and when exchanging pleasantries mentioned that we turned diamond that very day (which was true). The LA immediately reached in her drawer and gave me two diamond pins. We also mysteriously received a galley tour invitation the next day (not sure that was related or not). Of course, the LA on Jewel is a sweetheart (she adds a real personal flair to the virtual Baltic tours she presents on the ship - really makes you want to go there). Our last two sailings were with Inga and she definitely deserved the Wow we put in at the end of the cruise.

I was given it halfway through a 15 night cruise on Legend last year by guest services. Was there on a totally different matter when he noticed that I was due to move up to Diamond + & he came back to desk with a new booklet & pin & changed my card. I was both amazed & surprised.

• 8 years later...
On 2/16/2014 at 10:32 PM, LuvBNatC said:

but the expense of getting to a ship, since none sail from Norfolk, make that impractical.)

Not that far of a drive to Baltimore.

And making Diamond gives you the 4 free drinks at day and could say on paying for the beverage package.

From our experience. No, status changes only after 14 days after your cruise.

Chrystal ships you can get during the cruise (140, 210, 280 etc points)

1 hour ago, SRF said:

Not that far of a drive to Baltimore.

And making Diamond gives you the 4 free drinks at day and could say on paying for the beverage package.

6 minutes ago, Tatka said:

From our experience. No, status changes only after 14 days after your cruise.

Chrystal ships you can get during the cruise (140, 210, 280 etc points)

On 4/1/2022 at 2:05 PM, Li and Craig said:

I have. Went to the loyalty desk and they printed me a new card

This thread is 8 years old

2 minutes ago, Tatka said:

Well, we made to D in 2018 and D+ in 2022, so our experience is pretty recent

That recent experience would usually tell you the points (and any accompanying C&A status change) show up in like 7 days, not 14.

Just now, Biker19 said:

That recent experience would usually tell you the points (and any accompanying C&A status change) show up in like 7 days, not 14.

Just asked DH. He also thinks it was at least 12 days.

Anyways, change cannot happen during the cruise.