Reservation changed. Are they entitled to 2 cabins?

journeymore

Even if Bob did get both cabins on the original date, they would each be single occupancy, and he'd have to pony up double the money for he and his aunt to each have their own.

Well, actually no. He's already paid for both cabins with a double occupancy, so as a single occupancy, he'd be due a refund of the taxes and port fees for one person.

Now....just from personal experience....

My family is taking a cruise. We have 6 cabins. I paid for all of them on my credit card and everyone is paying me for their share (it was just easier that way when making the reservations). I have since made some adjustments to two of those cabins - even though my name is not one of the passengers.

Seems to me that this is similar to "Bob's" situation. Celebrity has only done what was asked of them. For me it was a great service, for Bob it is a great DIS-service. Not that it really matters, but I'm with everyone else....take the lumps and get on with Bob's life.

But if the ex-girlfriend got the "new" cabin with her friend (or whomever) on Bob's dime, why wouldn't that leave the 2 cabins with just one person paying in each? Therefore needing to double the payment? So Bob at the end of the day would have to pay for 6? (I believe, on Celebrity, even singles traveling alone have to pay for 2).

Edited by warmwinds

But if the ex-girlfriend got the "new" cabin with her friend (or whomever) on Bob's dime, why wouldn't that leave the 2 cabins with just one person paying in each? Therefore needing to double the payment? So Bob at the end of the day would have to pay for 6? (I believe, on Celebrity, even singles traveling alone have to pay for 2).

Bob's girlfriend? Sheesh, read the OP carefully before posting.

In the end, I still say that this is a small claims or Judge Judy case.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

What we don't know is whether Bob paid for the ex-traveling companion and her sister or if they paid for their own cruise. If Bob was generous and paid for their cruise - was it a gift? or, was it, that he was paying for him and his gf and the sister and aunt paid for their own? We don't know.

Let's assume that Bob is the generous type and paid for everyone. Then, he needs to get the money back from the ex and her sister. Celebrity doesn't owe him anything. Unfortunately, Bob has to share a cabin with his Aunt - not necessarily an ideal situation, but one that can be worked with a some communication between the two of them.

If the ex and her sister paid for themselves, then Bob is not out anything and still has to share a cabin with his Aunt.

In either case, Celebrity has no responsibility to compensate Bob.

Bob's girlfriend? Sheesh, read the OP carefully before posting.

In the end, I still say that this is a small claims or Judge Judy case.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

Practice what you preach.

"The traveling companion and her sister"

This is what happened. Celebrity told him whoever has the reservation number and legal name can change the reservation. He decided to just drop the issue & since prices had dropped foot the bill for his aunt another room.

Bob has done the right thing....be the better person. Write is off as experience and move along. If he holds anger in his heart about this, then the travelling companion gains some satisfaction in knowing they 'ruined' his vacation.

Time to move on and find someone better!

This is what happened. Celebrity told him whoever has the reservation number and legal name can change the reservation. He decided to just drop the issue & since prices had dropped foot the bill for his aunt another room.

Thank you for the follow-up. The situation is unusual and it does seem strange to me that Celebrity would not only move passengers around, but move two people from different cabins to a totally different cruise without everyon's approval.

It makes me wonder if both Bob and his aunt now have to pay a single supplement and whether his companion and her sister had to pay anything to move.

No where did you actual say or imply that Bob actually paid for all four passengers, but I think some people are making that assumption. If that is true then Celebrity's policy is even more bizzare IMO.

Of course I am not sure what is more strange what we understand Celebrity did or that we believe that they actual did it.

Edited by jagoffee

Thank you for the follow-up. The situation is unusual and it does seem strange to me that Celebrity would not only move passengers around, but move two people from different cabins to a totally different cruise without everyon's approval.

It makes me wonder if both Bob and his aunt now have to pay a single supplement and whether his companion and her sister had to pay anything to move.

No where did you actual say or imply that Bob actually paid for all four passengers, but I think some people are making that assumption. If that is true then Celebrity's policy is even more bizzare IMO.

Of course I am not sure what is more strange what we understand Celebrity did or that we believe that they actual did it.

I called to ask about payment. Bob said he paid for himself and the now X. His aunt and the other lady paid their own.

It seems to me like many of you are wasting your time trying to figure out and/or resolve what is most likely a totally made up story. Have fun with it.

Kind of the way you are apparently wasting your time pointing out the fact that you think others are wasting their time? :rolleyes:

Sheesh yourself, JKGourmet. Post #6 said they "broke up" (a term usually reserved for a romantic relationship), and the OP is calling her the ex. Wasn't too hard to figure out.

The ex and the romantic relationship aren't exclusive to a female partner ;)

I called to ask about payment. Bob said he paid for himself and the now X. His aunt and the other lady paid their own.

Thanks. Assuming that Bob does not actually have to pay a single supplement for his cabin I guess it is somewhat "fair". it looks like Bob is paying three fares (one for him, one for his X, and the single supplement for his Aunt), his Aunt one fare, his X none, and his X's sister one. It is clear who came out ahead in this exchange. His X and Celebrity. Of course we do not know what it cost the X and her sister to change cruises.

Good advice for him to pay the one more fare and just enjoy the cruise. Personally I cannot fault him for being upset about the situation. instead of previously paying two fares he is now paying for at least three fares and hopefully not four. I am surprised that Celebrity allow the change at such a late date. It will appear they did not have cancellation insurance or they could all cancel.

Thanks. Assuming that Bob does not actually have to pay a single supplement for his cabin I guess it is somewhat "fair". it looks like Bob is paying three fares (one for him, one for his X, and the single supplement for his Aunt), his Aunt one fare, his X none, and his X's sister one. It is clear who came out ahead in this exchange. His X and Celebrity. Of course we do not know what it cost the X and her sister to change cruises.

Good advice for him to pay the one more fare and just enjoy the cruise. Personally I cannot fault him for being upset about the situation. instead of previously paying two fares he is now paying for at least three fares and hopefully not four. I am surprised that Celebrity allow the change at such a late date. It will appear they did not have cancellation insurance or they could all cancel.

Or if we are looking a two half empty rooms Bob could invite more family members, and foot the bill for them too.:rolleyes:

It should not cost that much more.

It seems to me like many of you are wasting your time trying to figure out and/or resolve what is most likely a totally made up story. Have fun with it.

Caladezi,

I've heard it said fact is stranger than fiction, although I don't see this as being out there. Just maybe some of us AARP card carriers may not remember being young and in one of those "L" words. If you choose to believe the story is made up then so be it. I'm certainly not interested in changing your mind.

Have a wonderful day.

Most of us believed you but had many questions (how was the ex able to move her dates after final payment, is Bob going on the cruise with his aunt in 2 days - and in how many cabins - who ended up paying for what)...so once the dust settles for poor Bob would you let us all know?

The OP reported that there will now be 2 cabins. I think they leave on Saturday. One for himself, and one for the Aunt since prices went down. ;) He is also paying for half of the 3rd stateroom for his ex.

I would also like to know how the dates were changed for the other cabin. :confused:

TomBeckCruise have a good point. Bob should invite two more. The staterooms are paid for. The guest can foot their own bills.

Edited by Iamthesea

The OP reported that there will now be 2 cabins. I think they leave on Saturday. One for himself, and one for the Aunt since prices went down. ;) He is also paying for half of the 3rd stateroom for his ex.

I would also like to know how the dates were changed for the other cabin. :confused:

TomBeckCruise have a good point. Bob should invite two more. The staterooms are paid for. The guest can foot their own bills.

I suppose it is too late now if the cruise departs Saturday. About 10 years ago I sent my DW, Dear mother-in-law, Dear Daughter, Dear Mother, and Dear Sister on a cruise. They still talk about how much fun they had. I think the best part was they did not have to put up with me.;)

Those family vacations/reunions are nice.:)

I think there is still time to add two persons...if allowed.

Tom, you sure have a lot of DEAR in your family. :D

I sure am looking forward to my mother/daughter cruise next month. I wish that my Dear Mother was alive to go along. My sister, too! :(

DH is not too happy that he cannot go, but he has been a good sport. ;)