Anniversary And Birthdays Marked On Our Cruise Personalizer

morrisretired

My wife and I will be celebrating our 38th anniversary during our upcoming cruise on the Caribbean Princess. Our TA had it already listed on our Cruise Personalizer. Does the CB do anything to mark the occasion? Our TA is giving us a bottle of wine. Also, our daughter-in-law has a birthday a week before the cruise and our son 3 weeks after the cruise. They added them to their Cruise Personalier, and picked days during the cruise to celebrate. They were wondering if they will get anything from CB.

My wife and I will be celebrating our 38th anniversary during our upcoming cruise on the Caribbean Princess. Our TA had it already listed on our Cruise Personalizer. Does the CB do anything to mark the occasion? Our TA is giving us a bottle of wine. Also, our daughter-in-law has a birthday a week before the cruise and our son 3 weeks after the cruise. They added them to their Cruise Personalier, and picked days during the cruise to celebrate. They were wondering if they will get anything from CB.

You'll get a card in your cabin that you present to your waiter for a teeny little cake at dinner. You will also get a sign on your door and balloons, if your room steward is on the ball.

You'll get a card in your cabin that you present to your waiter for a teeny little cake at dinner. You will also get a sign on your door and balloons, if your room steward is on the ball.

IMO, Princess's little touches for special occasions is more than other lines do. Have sailed RC and Celebrity and any decorations, cakes etc have to be purchased...may sound silly but Princess, in a small way, makes it special:).

If you do not have a sign and balloons on you door the day you specified in your personalizer, just tell the room steward and they will "magically" appear.

Happy Anniversary and enjoy your cruise;)

DW had her birthday on January 19, the day our cruise left FLL. When we got to our room, balloons and a sign were there waiting for her, Rona, our room stewardess us with Hello Mr. and Mrs. Proctor, Happy Birthday Mrs. Proctor.

Yes the cake is small but is special especially when the head waiter brings it to your table and both of your servers as well as other servers nearby sing Happy Birthday and use your name. And should also mention that a good number of the other passengers joined in the singing as well.

DW had already ordered dessert, so our server had it sent up to our room and she enjoyed it the next on our balcony for lunch.

These may seem small things to some, but it makes the day special.

We've always gotten our birthday signs and balloons, as well as newlywed decorations on our honeymoon. It is just a small thing but it does make it more festive and special. On our last cruise we celebrated my husband's birthday with a meal at the Crown Grill. We ordered dessert there but they packed up his birthday cake to go in a nice package, and we enjoyed it later on the balcony under the stars.

We sailed one time on Royal Carribbean and had to purchase the birthday package, which was some room signs and streamer-type things that hung from the ceiling. I don't recall getting a cake or anything else, and it was around $30. So to get the little things free from Princess is nice.

Edited by Paula_MacFan

We sailed one time on Royal Carribbean and had to purchase the birthday package, which was some room signs and streamer-type things that hung from the ceiling. I don't recall getting a cake or anything else, and it was around $30. So to get the little things free from Princess is nice.

The cake is extra:eek:. Agree with you totally that the "little" things free from Princess are nice and also thoughtful:)

Thank all of you for replying to my questions. The balloons and small cake are a nice touch to the special occasions we are celebrating. We have their birthdays on Wednesday and Thursday, and our 38th anniversary will be Friday. This will be our ninth cruise, but first with Princess. They had a price drop when we were checking last minute cruises within driving distance, at Vacations To Go. Their mini suite was $400 cheaper than a balcony on the Norwegian Jewel out of New Orleans - and a lot shorter drive. It really was an easy choice for us. Looking forward to our cruise on the CB. Thanks again.

DH and I celebrated our anniversary on the Sapphire in Jan.

Our steward had placed a sign and balloons on our door during the early morning hours while we were asleep or getting ready in the morning. There was also a congratulations card and a small card to give to our waiter. Our steward also congratulated us personally when he saw us in the morning.

Our waiter celebrated our anniversary by bringing us a small cake for dessert with a candle. It was super nice. :):)

While celebrating our anniversary this past fall on Golden Princess, we enjoyed the the "Happy Anniversary" sign & balloons on our cabin door as well as the cake in the dining room.

We thought it was an added special touch!

ImageUploadedByForums1392779824.240058.jpg.ee8392e3f5d404f5f8d0e51251d69c04.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1392779687.737894.jpg.5b4a228a1daaba4317aa2d4753778be9.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1392779744.046192.jpg.4da22cab46a482d6f1f9811092f9602e.jpg

In 2012, we celebrated on 50th Wedding Anniversary on the Star cruising to Alaska. Then in 2013, we celebrated our 71st Birthdays on the Caribbean cruising to Can/NE. The special treatment, even though minor is always appreciated and enjoyed. :) We are looking forward to celebrating future anniversaries and birthdays on Princess. (Maybe our 53rd Anniversary in 2015 cruising to Hawaii.) :confused:

This treatment is just one of the reasons why Princess will always be our "Cruise Line"! ;)

"Enjoy every little thing and you will celebrate the bigger occasions!" :D

In 2012, we celebrated on 50th Wedding Anniversary on the Star cruising to Alaska. Then in 2013, we celebrated our 71st Birthdays on the Caribbean cruising to Can/NE. The special treatment, even though minor is always appreciated and enjoyed. :) We are looking forward to celebrating future anniversaries and birthdays on Princess. (Maybe our 53rd Anniversary in 2015 cruising to Hawaii.) :confused:

This treatment is just one of the reasons why Princess will always be our "Cruise Line"! ;)

"Enjoy every little thing and you will celebrate the bigger occasions!" :D

Agree with you and that is why I say Princess knows how to do it...both for celebrations and honoring our veterans....they will always be our cruise line too! We sometimes sail Celebrity, which IMO is similar to Princess but Princess is #1;)

I had to remind them about the sign and balloons for my wife's birthday. She refused to get the cake because she was afraid they might sing in MDR. :eek:

I don't like singing either. But unless you turn in your card they don't know about it. Ergo.......... no singing.

In Alaska in Sept. on Sapphire. Presented the card to our waiter in the steak restaurant and got absolutely nothing. Service wasn't too great either and food left a lot to be desired. Did love the balloons though!!:(

That is terrible! Something should have been said about it on the ship. I'm sorry you had such a bad experience. Normally the birthday cake experience works out as planned. Too bad about the food, too.

• 1 month later...

Great info and thanks for the photo. We have our first Princess cruise celebrating a birthday and wondered about decorations and a cake. On Carnival, I pre-ordered the birthday package and had streamers, a ceiling decorations and wall decoration as well as a sizable cake. Nice that this will be on Princess but I think,the recipient will prefer cake on the balcony to singing waiters in the MDR! Oh well she will be in for a surprise!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Our traveling companions had their anniversary marked on their personalizer, but did not specify a date to celebrate, so they did no get the sign-balloons-cake. Our anniversaries are a couple of weeks apart and did get the extras since I specified a date. That seems to make all the difference. Since our date was actually before the cruise began I specified the first date of the cruise. That gave us our 'there's our cabin' marker for our door. Didn't have to read cabin numbers the rest of the cruise.

I had read on CC quite some time ago, that there was an OBC if you sailed during the month of your birthday. Is that correct? Is that something they still do? I am imagining it is just an urban legend. I will cruising in May for my 40th, so would check it out if it existed. :D

Dana

I had read on CC quite some time ago, that there was an OBC if you sailed during the month of your birthday. Is that correct? Is that something they still do? I am imagining it is just an urban legend. I will cruising in May for my 40th, so would check it out if it existed. :D

Dana

I have sailed in my birthday month and there was no extra OBC. I have booked the Royal for a TA in my birthday month and again, no OBC showed up...

Sorry...

When we sailed on the Star Princess on the Baltic during our 30th anniversary, we had balloons on our door. On the actual anniversary date, I told the maitre' d that it was our anniversary, and we were given a cake for 2.

This year, we will actually be off ship for our anniversary dinner since it is an overnight in Edinburg and will be going to the Military Tattoo.