Making cruise goodie bags... Need help

Motherof6boys1girl

Hello all! I am taking my family on a 5night cruise in June. We are planning a cruise planning party and I would like help with ideas of what to put in the goodie bags.... This is what I have so far:

Personalized lanyards

Highliters (for cruise daily newsletter)

Sticky notes

Pens

Marker

Suntan lotion

What else do you recommend that they can use on the cruise?

Thank you so much!!!!!

Karen

One thing I wouldn't put in these, but I'm sure someone will mention (as people often do on these kinds of threads) is seasickness remedies, because what works for one person won't necessarily work for another (you can bring various types and have them available for your group, but I would suggest recommending your family members try out these on their own before the cruise).

Magnetic hooks. The walls are metal so you can stick the magnet to the wall and when everyone comes in, they have a designated spot to hang their lanyard, ball cap/ hat, etc. We also magnet the current day's patter to the wall so it doesn't get mixed in with all the other papers that come in daily. :)

PS, don't magnet the key card directly to the wall because the magnet will erase the strip on the card!!!

Edited by 5326jan

I don't know what cruise line OP will be on, but on Princess, we just go to the front desk to get a hole punched in our cruise card.

Did the same on NCL last year. As for the marker, I'm not sure how I would use. Other items sound good. I would add extra large binder clips. Good to hold drapes together (if they gap), ours haven't, but also helpful to hold shower curtain down. Battery powered tea light candle for bathroom (hate being blinded in middle of the night).

Considering they also included sticky notes... I'd assume that is what it's for. :)

We don't use a highlighter on sticky notes. We use a pen for those. We use a highlighter to mark the newsletter activities we're interested in. Highlighter makes it stand out more than marking with a pen does.

I second the magnets. I bought good ones from an office supply store. I used them for the activities newsletter and they were great for keeping my jewellery organized and off the desk.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Mist_ynight

1. I would recommend personalized sport bottles with a shoulder strap or D-ring for attaching to a belt loop.

2. Personalized canvas shopping bags with cruise information (ship name, month, and year.

Both of the above can be ordered from Zazzle.com where I create all of my calendars.

3. If you are going to a hot climate, a Kool Kollar from REI would also be a nice touch.

4. Pocket emergency poncho for unplanned rain sessions.

Except for the suntan lotion, flashlight, binder clips and pen, I wouldn't take any of the other stuff listed on a cruise. But I would suggest:

Compact Binoculars

Beach bag (such as a lightweight tote bag for shore excursions or use at the pool)

Packable hat

sunglasses

rubber flip flops for use around the pool - which can be a slick area

Waterproof wallet or credit card holder for water excursions

Disposable waterproof camera (unless they have a GoPro)

If these gift bags are for kids, then you might add some coloring pages such as these:

http://www.supercoloring.com/pages/huge-cruise-ship/

I would also get a map and identify the ports of call on it along with which day you will be at each port of call. Then I would hang up the map in the cabin and have a little ship that could be moved along on the map each day so the kids could see where they were.

It is also fun to use the binoculars to identify passing ships and list them or mark them on the map. This website is useful for doing that.

http://www.marinetraffic.com

Whoever identifies the most ships at the end of the week wins a prize you would bring along on the cruise.

Hello all! I am taking my family on a 5night cruise in June. We are planning a cruise planning party and I would like help with ideas of what to put in the goodie bags.... This is what I have so far:

Personalized lanyards

Sticky notes

Pens

Marker

Suntan lotion

Thank you so much!!!!!

Karen

Lanyards - some people do not use them. We do; many don't.

Sticky notes - could be useful

Pens - you can get them on the ship

Highlighters - useless. Use a pen to mark the newsletter.

Marker - yet another writing device

Suntan lotion - different people like different types or different application methods

From another post -

Compact Binoculars - are you prepared to pay $200+ for binoculars. Otherwise total junk

Beach bag (such as a lightweight tote bag for shore excursions or use at the pool)

Packable hat

sunglasses Do you know how many styles of sunglasses there are? What if the person already wears glasses?

rubber flip flops for use around the pool - which can be a slick area

Waterproof wallet or credit card holder for water excursions

Disposable waterproof camera (unless they have a GoPro) Pictures from a disposable waterproof camera are totally lousy

clorox wipes I knew that this would be on one of the suggestions. Most of us practice reasonable precautions and do not worry about germs.

Sorry to be so negative about most of the these suggestions as well as the others that I have not commented on but in my opinion, the only useful one was the suggestion of a bag with port info on all the stops that you are making.

DON

Edited by donaldsc

How about an extra suitcase to put all this goodie bag stuff in? :D

There's A LOT of stuff in this thread, a large amount many people never will use.

Maybe just give everyone in your party $50 to use as they please? That's what I'd want in my goodie bag.

Go to the Dollar Store:

1. Hanging air freshener (like the ones used to hang on the rear view mirror in a car). They are flat, take up no room in the luggage and are a wonderful way to keep the "fresh" in the bathroom (at certain times). They come 3 to a packet with different scents.

2. Large Plastic Clips. They come 6 to a pack and look similar to a clothes pin, but larger with a little different shape. They can be used to hang something wet (swimsuit) to dry, and they can be used to keep your towel clamped to your lounger in the wind on the deck. They can also be used to clamp the curtains shut to keep out the light. VERY useful. The fancier ones are sold 2 to a pack at Kohls for about $6. These work just as well.

3. Sanitizer on a lanyard. Easy to clip and go either on your handbag, beach bag or belt when you leave the ship. Always handy.

4. Over the counter meds. Packages of Advil, Tylenol, Pepto Bismol, cold meds,Tums/Rolaids and band-aids. You can buy the packages and make a little pain relief package for every traveler. It's wonderful to know that if you get some sort of "ailment" at sea or in the middle of the night, you don't have to wait until a shop opens or try to scramble in ports to find a Pharmacy for something so simple. Heck, call it a hang-over kit. The cold meds came in so handy on one of our cruises. Buy the gel caps, not liquids if you get these. I always carry this, and told everyone to pack these, but we always had part of our crowd knocking on the door to ask for something from my "kit" so I started providing one for everyone's cabin...lol.

Personalized lanyards

Sticky notes

Pens

Marker

Suntan lotion

Thank you so much!!!!!

Karen

Small zip lock baggies (we put our passports in them when going to beach), duck tape for "hems" that come down,bandaids,:)