Cruise Etiquette: What have passengers done onboard your cruise that was rude?

Chairs hogs at the entertainment venues. I hate it when people saves spots for others and then give you a dirty look as if to say "don't even think of parking your butt here." It's even worse when the saving is for a larger group.

I hate this too. I think they should adopt the Disney way. Doors open, walk all the way to the end of the row and sit- no stopping half way down. Doors close. If you miss the show oh well.

I wonder if staff will find you seats if you ask. We got a lot of dirty looks sitting in a seat savers row. Made me not want to go. I never saw so many rude people.

One peeve I hadn't experienced until recently was singles taking whole tables reading during peak meal times. Seems like more and more people are doing that.

Burt

If we (DH and I) were not having any luck finding a seat. I would have no trouble parking myself at their table.

I might ask "Are you alone"? If they answer yes. We're sharing, like it or not.

I swear I won't be able to resist the next time. I was soooooo tempted to do this the last time, but didn't.

Next time a walkie-talkie person does this, I'm going to turn around, lean in with a fascinated look on my face, listen raptly, and say, "REALLY??? OMG, I didn't know that. Say hi to XXXXX for me!". When they get annoyed, I'm going to tell them that I thought they WANTED me to join in since they were talking so loud that it seemed they were talking to all of us!"

Then smile and walk away.:D

Nothing to do with the cruises but when I rode to bus home from work we had someone talking loudly on her cell phone. For a week we regulars endured this. One day we all got up sat around her and leaned in to listen. She quit using the phone while on the bus.

Nothing to do with the cruises but when I rode to bus home from work we had someone talking loudly on her cell phone. For a week we regulars endured this. One day we all got up sat around her and leaned in to listen. She quit using the phone while on the bus.

TY

Here at CC, many pax ask about cell phone connection.

When cruising, DW and I shut our phones OFF !

Edited by $hip$hape

$hip$hape - We do the same. We also leave all the 'devices' at home.

A big part of vacation for us is getting away from all that.

We all use to survive without being connected 24/7, and you will again. Trust me. You will.

It'll all be there waiting for us/you when you get home.

I hate this too. I think they should adopt the Disney way. Doors open, walk all the way to the end of the row and sit- no stopping half way down. Doors close. If you miss the show oh well.

I wonder if staff will find you seats if you ask. We got a lot of dirty looks sitting in a seat savers row. Made me not want to go. I never saw so many rude people.

Does everyone say "Mooooooo!!!!" as they walk to their seat?

Christmas Day. In the elevator with a young family and their kids.

The young kids had their faces painted as Rudolf the Reindeer. On the next floor, an elderly lady gets in. She says to the kids "what are you supposed to be?" The kids answer and she says to them "hmm...you don;t really look like reindeer. I hope you're going to wash your faces when you get back to your cabin" The parents were speechless. Wish I had the presence of mind to compliment the kids to take the sting out of the lady's comments. She was definitely lacking the Christmas spirit.

That's just downright mean. :eek:

My DH and I were getting on the glass elevator, and there were a group of girls (10 - 12 yrs old) playing on the elevator. One of the girls was actually climbing on the glass walls. She looked at me and said, "Aint I amazing?" I said, "Oh, you are something" as we are getting off the elevator. when we walked around where we could see the girls, they yelled "Hey Lady" I turned, and they flipped me off. I started to walk back to the elevator, and DH had to grab my arm and pull me to the deck door. I was really mad. The girls were scrambling to get the elevator door closed.

Later that day, I saw the girls again, this time with their parents. Their faces were as white as ghosts. I asked if they were their parents, and they said yes. We had a chat about their daughters' behavior. They were not pleased with them at all. They made all the girls come and apologize. I was happily surprised. For the rest of the cruise, I kept running into the same group of girls, and they never again would look me in the eyes.

Apparently they had decent parents. Can only imagine if they hadn't. You would may have been given a family flip off. lol

It's good that you said something. Those kids probably would have harassed you the rest of the cruise if you hadn't. ;)

One peeve I hadn't experienced until recently was singles taking whole tables reading during peak meal times. Seems like more and more people are doing that.

Burt

Then do what my friend and I did -- ask them (or two people at a four-person table when it was crowded) if we could join them. Singles have a right to eat, too, you know!

Burt

The single isn't taking the entire table - he is taking one seat at the table ;) Where else should a single sit - on the floor??? If I'm sitting at a table, slowly enjoying my dessert while reading my Kindle (I'm alone, remember), am I being rude? Are singles supposed to dine & dash???

There's nothing wrong with asking if you may SHARE the table. I'd always say "yes". But, don't just sit down and expect the solo to take it or leave it…that's rude. Civility rules...

The single isn't taking the entire table - he is taking one seat at the table ;) Where else should a single sit - on the floor??? If I'm sitting at a table, slowly enjoying my dessert while reading my Kindle (I'm alone, remember), am I being rude? Are singles supposed to dine & dash???

There's nothing wrong with asking if you may SHARE the table. I'd always say "yes". But, don't just sit down and expect the solo to take it or leave it…that's rude. Civility rules...

I couldn't agree with you more. Well stated.

I've been a single cruiser on several cruises, so I can relate. However, when it's lunchtime and there are a lot of people looking for tables where they can eat in a designated eating area, it's plain rude and selfish for anyone to be sitting at a table reading and not eating. I have seen that several times. The worst was a woman sitting at a table where eight people could have sat. She was not eating, she sat there reading, and I saw her do it every day.

Burt

Usually I am reading at a table because all the peopleless lounge chairs are occupied by things while their owners are elsewhere around the ship....some of them in the Lido eating at another seat:rolleyes:. It's a 2 edge sword.

I think his point was that the singles were just READING, not eating. There are plenty of places to sit and read without taking up a table during busy meal times.

I've been a single cruiser on several cruises, so I can relate. However, when it's lunchtime and there are a lot of people looking for tables where they can eat in a designated eating area, it's plain rude and selfish for anyone to be sitting at a table reading and not eating. I have seen that several times. The worst was a woman sitting at a table where eight people could have sat. She was not eating, she sat there reading, and I saw her do it every day.

I couldn't agree with you more. ;)

Usually I am reading at a table because all the peopleless lounge chairs are occupied by things while their owners are elsewhere around the ship....some of them in the Lido eating at another seat:rolleyes:. It's a 2 edge sword.

NO WAY are ALL the lounge chairs occupied, by things or people. :rolleyes:

In an elevator, after returning from port on a Southern Caribbean cruise, a lady asked me how I got to be so suntanned ( I have strawberry blondish hair and green eyes). I told her that I loved running and gardening. She then told me that I was probably going to get skin cancer. She said this while holding a shopping bag filled with cartons of cigarettes.

Edited by jameybano

NO WAY are ALL the lounge chairs occupied, by things or people. :rolleyes:

Before this last cruise, I would have agreed with you; however, last week, my friend and I went into the Solarium to try and lay out and EVERY lounge chair (that wasn't occupied by a human) had a towel draped over it. Not a single empty lounger was available -- and I'm not talking about the people were in the pool. The pool had only about three people in it!!!

Before this last cruise, I would have agreed with you; however, last week, my friend and I went into the Solarium to try and lay out and EVERY lounge chair (that wasn't occupied by a human) had a towel draped over it. Not a single empty lounger was available -- and I'm not talking about the people were in the pool. The pool had only about three people in it!!!

There's no stopping the chogs! Without additional staff to monitor chair saving, I don't see things changing. Unfortunately too many people have no common courtesy or consideration for anyone else besides themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app