Unlimited internet = unlimited wi-fi ?

BCPanda

I will be cruising on the Regatta and unlimited internet is included in my package. Does it mean I have unlimited wi-fi access so I can use my own lap top and ipad or does it mean I can use the computers on the ship with no limit ? Thanks.

I will be cruising on the Regatta and unlimited internet is included in my package. Does it mean I have unlimited wi-fi access so I can use my own lap top and ipad or does it mean I can use the computers on the ship with no limit ? Thanks.

You can use the time on your own devices logging in one at a time.

The only way two of you can log on at the same time is to use different usernames and passwords and you will be billed twice for the time you connected. So if you are on the unlimited internet package, at the end of the cruise you will find you have been charged for 2 unlimited internet packages.

The only way two of you can log on at the same time is to use different usernames and passwords and you will be billed twice for the time you connected. So if you are on the unlimited internet package, at the end of the cruise you will find you have been charged for 2 unlimited internet packages.

And if there is a "free internet" special, would that also include both usernames/passwords, or would one end up not being "free"?

Thanks!

GeezerCouple

It probably is 1 free account per cabin

Not necessarily true. A 21 day Regatta cruise in 2013 had unlimited free internet. I checked with the Oceania At Sea guru and he told me we could both sign in - even at the same time - as long as we used different account names/passwords. We did use our same cabin number in the sign-in process. There was no bill.

Not necessarily true. A 21 day Regatta cruise in 2013 had unlimited free internet. I checked with the Oceania At Sea guru and he told me we could both sign in - even at the same time - as long as we used different account names/passwords. We did use our same cabin number in the sign-in process. There was no bill.

That's really good information.Thanks.

Do you need to go to the internet office to sign up (if it's offered free on your cruise) or do you just use the system?

Rick

Signing on from my iPad was a bit tricky the first time so I did get help and he was more than happy to assist. If you have a laptop (either the one provided in your suite) or your own, it's a piece of cake.

When I signed up on Marina in November I used my own laptop. For me it was a little tricky because the ship knows me as Mura Kievman Mager and it took several tries to figure out which name they would accept -- the system only understands first and last name. They told me to use Mura Kievman, but actually I had to use Mura Mager.

Just off Marina was in south pacific.Signed on first and last name cabin #and password

Wife signed on with her first name password use 2 different devices

Exactly, Just off same cruise. We both signed in and we had 2 free accounts which we could use at the same time. No problems and no bill at end of cruise. :):)

On recent Caribbean cruise on Riviera we found that computers connected by wire in the internet cafe near Baristas and in the Concierge lounge had faster/better service than wi fi (wireless) connections from my iPad or from the laptop in our cabin.

Do you get a special password from the ship when you check in?

Rick

Yes, you get a password to sign in and every time you want to get on line you have to re sign in.

Okay, it's so long since November that I may well have forgotten! But my sign in was indeed name and room number, but I also remember creating a password.

Maybe I didn't ...

Anyway, it's a pretty simple process as long as you know your name ... which I did not. At least, not immediately.

Mura

Okay, it's so long since November that I may well have forgotten! But my sign in was indeed name and room number, but I also remember creating a password.

Maybe I didn't ...

Anyway, it's a pretty simple process as long as you know your name ... which I did not. At least, not immediately.

Mura

It's been about a week since we got off Marina and after 3 days in Sydney and 30 hours home after that I may not remember also.

That's interesting ... on November 20th I created my own password ...

Mura

Yes you create your own password

You use it each time you log in I have always done it that way in the past

That is how it worked in Jan

doubt it changed since then ;)

Lyn