Superb cruise with some suggestions for Mgm't

kiawahdon

Overall, good suggestions that would not be difficult to implement. I have just one more -- at the next drydock of Marina and Riviera, the curtains between the sleeping and sitting areas in the penthouse suites should be converted to be real curtains that can be pulled shut.

Sorry Don I have been asking for that for years..will not happen soon I dont think..

Jancruz1

Why not? Seems like a pretty easy fix. If you asked most of the people who have been in the penthouses I am sure they would agree. Should not cost very much and would make these suites much better. :):)

I'd like to keep the bathtub.

I have a suggestion -- although I admit it's tongue-in-cheek ;). We know there are showers in the spa. We know that for many years, guests have been recommending that (ahem) large people might use those showers if they find the one in their stateroom a bit (ahem) tight.

My suggestion, for the very few folks who want a tub, is to install a couple of tubs in the spa area, in suitable private cubbyholes, of course. This way, the vast majority of us can enjoy a much more logical cabin layout, and tubs will still be available for those who desire them. :)

Overall, good suggestions that would not be difficult to implement. I have just one more -- at the next drydock of Marina and Riviera, the curtains between the sleeping and sitting areas in the penthouse suites should be converted to be real curtains that can be pulled shut.

Yes! Absolutely agree. To the OP, you're not nitpicking--every great product needs constant improvement.

I have a suggestion -- although I admit it's tongue-in-cheek ;). We know there are showers in the spa. We know that for many years, guests have been recommending that (ahem) large people might use those showers if they find the one in their stateroom a bit (ahem) tight.

My suggestion, for the very few folks who want a tub, is to install a couple of tubs in the spa area, in suitable private cubbyholes, of course. This way, the vast majority of us can enjoy a much more logical cabin layout, and tubs will still be available for those who desire them. :)

I'm with you! I generally use the showers in the spa as a larger person. It would be great to have a decent size shower in the cabin.

Remember before the O class ships were just a dream

People complained they wanted tubs in all the staterooms not just PH & above

Fast forward to Marina ..tubs in most staterooms now people complain they do not want them

Be careful what you wish for :D

I would like showers like on the R-ships only more squared off & a door instead of the friendly curtain ;)

Lyn

I've only sailed in an R ship penthouse once -- because of the tub/shower combo. I prefer a walk-in shower so much that I deliberately choose concierge or below. I'm booked in a C1 oceanview for the entire 6 month WC. I really don't mind the curtain -- they have made it better by attaching one side. I have it on good authority that there is room for two in an R ship veranda shower -- not possible by any stretch of the imagination on an O ship.

I have it on good authority that there is room for two in an R ship veranda shower -- not possible by any stretch of the imagination on an O ship.

Unless they have changed them the showers are the same size in the A & B Cat as the C 1's

;)

Sorry Don I have been asking for that for years..will not happen soon I dont think..

Jancruz1

I always want to close the curtains that don't close. It would be so nice to sit there and read and not disturb my husband's sleep. I too know that it will never happen. Oh well, if that's my only problem, I'm in really good shape.

Joan

Jan,

Could it be that the PH suites on Marina and Riviera are more square than rectangular as they are on the luxury lines so closing a curtain on the sofa area would leave a very narrow, confining space? Actually sofa is a misnomer as it's more of a love seat.

Jan,

Could it be that the PH suites on Marina and Riviera are more square than rectangular as they are on the luxury lines so closing a curtain on the sofa area would leave a very narrow, confining space? Actually sofa is a misnomer as it's more of a love seat.

Im not sure but FDR has told me no curtain to draw several times..(each time I have mentioned it)

Thats not to say he cannot change his mind later on..

Jancruz1

Jan,

Actually SUITE is also a misnomer as they are just somewhat larger regular cabins.

Edited by orchestrapal

Actually sofa is a misnomer as it's more of a love seat.

I think the "sofa" on the O class ships are a bit larger than a love seat that the R-class ships have

Not sure on the PH cabins but certainly on the lower categories

JMO

Lyn

Actually SUITE is also a misnomer as they are just somewhat larger regular cabins.

You are absolutely correct..now if the curtains could be drawn and separate into two areas would that be considered a suite??

Jancruz1

You are absolutely correct..now if the curtains could be drawn and separate into two areas would that be considered a suite??

Jancruz1

I sure would say so. Also, it seems to me that Mr. FDR is always looking to up grade and beautify his ships and this is sure one way to do it. I think that all of us who travel in Penthouse SUITES would welcome this change. :):)

No one seems to have posted what I think is pretty obvious.... or maybe I only think so because I have made and hung some drapes. The wider the drape when closed, the wider the drape will be when it is fully opened. So, if enough material is added so that the drape can reach the opposite wall, the more space it will take up when the drape is pulled open. The drape may take up half the width of the room when opened and that would make the PH suites very claustrophopic.

We were on an NCL ship in a regular cabin (no balcony) it had a drape that went across most of the room separating the sleeping area from the sofa area

It did make the bed area much darker which is fine for sleeping

I think we also had a curtain on a HAL ship as well ...it was back in 1990 so my memory may be faulty ;)

Lyn

Edited by LHT28

No one seems to have posted what I think is pretty obvious.... or maybe I only think so because I have made and hung some drapes. The wider the drape when closed, the wider the drape will be when it is fully opened. So, if enough material is added so that the drape can reach the opposite wall, the more space it will take up when the drape is pulled open. The drape may take up half the width of the room when opened and that would make the PH suites very claustrophopic.

Ding Ding Ding, we have a winner! :D

I'm fairly certain that is why the initial design was modified to the demi-curtain.

The width of the existing curtain rod channel is definitely not sufficient for a full "span of the room" Curtain.

marina-penthouse-suite.jpg

I sure would say so. Also, it seems to me that Mr. FDR is always looking to up grade and beautify his ships and this is sure one way to do it. I think that all of us who travel in Penthouse SUITES would welcome this change. :):)

I know I would, I read at night and it bothers Stu so I would love to be able to sit on the couch and read..

Jancruz1

They wouldn't have to look far to figure out how to do it -- even the basic suites on Regent ships (at least Navigator and Voyager; I haven't been on Mariner) do have curtains that separate the sleeping and sitting areas. Based purely on area, the O ship penthouse suites are larger -- 420 sf vs. 301 sf, so space is not the problem.

They wouldn't have to look far to figure out how to do it -- even the basic suites on Regent ships (at least Navigator and Voyager; I haven't been on Mariner) do have curtains that separate the sleeping and sitting areas. Based purely on area, the O ship penthouse suites are larger -- 420 sf vs. 301 sf, so space is not the problem.

What if (heaven forbid) we've stumbled on one of the myriad ways that they want to keep Regent

54321img_special.jpgIt can't all be about open bar & included shore excursions....