Royal and Celebrity points question...

Ok we have been sticking to Royal and we will be Emerald after our August cruise. I think I would like to try Celebrity to see the difference and not go far from Royal :-)

So if I booked a Celebrity cruise my points would be equal to their tier of equal points. But would I get points for that cruise? If so would Royal recognize those points? Last ( for now) question, if I do try Celebrity I won't loose my points with Royal correct?? Thank you.

Ok we have been sticking to Royal and we will be Emerald after our August cruise. I think I would like to try Celebrity to see the difference and not go far from Royal :-)

So if I booked a Celebrity cruise my points would be equal to their tier of equal points. But would I get points for that cruise? If so would Royal recognize those points? Last ( for now) question, if I do try Celebrity I won't loose my points with Royal correct?? Thank you.

I just looked this up earlier today for myself. Great minds......

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&faqId=971&faqSubjectId=340

Call the Loyalty Service Center at (800) 526-9723.

Edited by comxkid

As far as I'm aware, your points with Celebrity start at 0, your Royal stays the same. The only thing you're getting is a free status transfer. Any points accumulated with Celebrity only count with Celebrity and do not transfer over to Royal - for all intents and purposes the two are completely separate. It's just a perk to move the status.

As far as I'm aware, your points with Celebrity start at 0, your Royal stays the same. The only thing you're getting is a free status transfer. Any points accumulated with Celebrity only count with Celebrity and do not transfer over to Royal - for all intents and purposes the two are completely separate. It's just a perk to move the status.

Deleted. I stand corrected.

Edited by comxkid

Respectfully, I don't think this is accurate based on information obtained from RCCL's website.

JemzRoo is correct. what information did you garner from the RCCL website to contradict what JemzRoo said.?

Why? It looks accurate to me.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&faqId=971&faqSubjectId=340

Q: How do I receive equivalent recognition in Celebrity Cruises' Captain's Club or Azamara Club Cruises' Le Club Voyage?

A: As a benefit of Platinum, Emerald, Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club membership in Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor Society, you will receive equivalent recognition in Celebrity Cruises' Captain's Club and Azamara Club Cruises’ Le Club Voyage. If you are currently a member of each loyalty program, you will automatically receive benefits based on your membership level between each. For instance, if you are a Crown & Anchor Platinum or Emerald member and a Captain's Club Classic member, you will be automatically be entitled to the Select level in the Captain's Club and Explorer in Le Club Voyage . If you are a Diamond or Diamond Plus member; you will automatically receive equivalent recognition as a Captain's Club Elite member and Discoverer in Le Club Voyage. The benefits of the programs will stay independent, and the number of sailings a member accrues on each brand will not be combined. You will earn the Cruise Credit or Cruise Point for the brand you are sailing as long as you are a member of that brand's loyalty program.

If you are a Captain’s Club Select or Le Club Voyage Explorer member, then you will receive Platinum benefits if you sail on a Royal Caribbean ship. If you are a Captain’s Club Elite or Discoverer in Le Club Voyage, then you will receive Diamond benefits for the Crown & Anchor Society.

If you are a Platinum, Diamond or Diamond Plus member in the Crown & Anchor Society but not a member of the Captain's Club or Le Club Voyage and plan on sailing on Celebrity Cruises or Azamara Club Cruises, respectively, call the Loyalty Service Center at (800) 526-9723 to enroll for equivalent recognition. And please remember to provide your Membership Number whenever you reserve a cruise vacation to receive all the benefits you deserve.

I misunderstood the question, I apologize. Benefits carry over. Learn something every day. That is the benefit of these forums.

Edited by comxkid

Respectfully, I don't think this is accurate based on information obtained from RCCL's website.

It is correct, unless there are some issues of misinterpretation.

A person accumulates points on Celebrity for Captain's Club status.

A person accumulates points on Royal Caribbean for Crown & Anchor status.

The status of one cruise line is "recognized" and "honored" on the other, once you reach Select/Platinum.

But points on one do not accrue to points or status on the other.

Let me give a fake example.

If both Celebrity and RC used "one point per cruise":

I have ONE cruise on Celebrity, so I have ONE POINT. But I am Diamond Plus on RC, so I am recognized as "Elite" on Celebrity.

But the next time that I cruise on Celebrity, I will then have TWO points.

If anyone is reading this carelessly, please note that I said that this is a FAKE example and I know that neither cruise line does "points" this way.

Because of what is says here......

Now if the the RCCL website is incorrect or if i misunderstood the question, I apologize for posting an erroneous link.

"The benefits of the programs will stay independent, and the number of sailings a member accrues on each brand will not be combined. "

JemzRoo is correct. If you are at least Platinum on RCI, you will receive reciprocal benefits when you cruise Celebrity or Azamara. For example, since I'm Diamond, I will receive Elite benefits when I take my Celebrity cruise. The reciprocity only goes as high as Diamond/Elite. The higher levels must be earned with each line, or in other words Diamond + doesn't equal Elite +, and Pinnacle doesn't equal Zenith. For me to reach Elite + on Celebrity, I'll have to start at 0, but I'll still enjoy Elite benefits because of my status in C&A.

I hope that made sense!:o

What freaked me out is how Celebrity (with whom we have sailed only three times but were Captain's Club members) immediately acknowledged us as "Elite" as soon as we turned Diamond on Royal - guess their computers cross-reference.

What freaked me out is how Celebrity (with whom we have sailed only three times but were Captain's Club members) immediately acknowledged us as "Elite" as soon as we turned Diamond on Royal - guess their computers cross-reference.

Yes, they do, across all three brands--Azamara, X, and RCI. I called RCI as soon as I turned Elite on X because we were going on the Navigator and I wanted to get all my Diamond benefits. They already knew. :D:D You know what's funny though? I'm Diamond on RCI but I only have 47 points but I still want to be a "real" Diamond. At the end of next year, I will be, and that will make me happy (because then I can get started on all the ++++ status!)

We are doing the same thing, cruising both lines. :)

I have already gotten our Captain's Club numbers. After our August cruise in Alaska we will be Diamond on Royal, so when we cruise with Celebrity in 2015 we will have equal status. The laundry and internet perks will be good to have. :)

Once we reached Diamond, we started cruising Celebrity whenever the itinerary seemed better. We're D+ now, but Celebrity only goes up to Captains Club Elite for both D and D+.

The one thing the OP and others asking these questions are, they match status, however, the perks offered are different. For example, the glaring one, Celebrity does not offer balcony discounts to Captain Club members. :(

Everyone should try Celebrity, we love it. I'm especially found of Aqua Class cabins which gives us access to Blu and the Persian Gardens.

Yes, they do, across all three brands--Azamara, X, and RCI. I called RCI as soon as I turned Elite on X because we were going on the Navigator and I wanted to get all my Diamond benefits. They already knew. :D:D You know what's funny though? I'm Diamond on RCI but I only have 47 points but I still want to be a "real" Diamond. At the end of next year, I will be, and that will make me happy (because then I can get started on all the ++++ status!)

Enjoy and please accept that you are REAL diamond. Your loyalty to the parent company has given you that status. This real – not real – category (I believe) came about from some posters on the celebrity boards who are annoyed Jealous) that RCCL folks were recieving Elite status. They try to convince RCCL cruisers that they are not true elite members. Baloney.

Enjoy you rewarded benefits and cruises.

M