Coral question - Printing airline boarding passes

h20skibum

Does the Coral have free kiosks to check-in with your airline and print your boarding passes, or do you have to plan on using a wifi package for this. Our cruise on the Allure last year had these which was a nice feature.

Didn't know if the cruise lines were moving toward offering this for their customers, or if it is just the newer ships.

We were on the Coral in February. I was not able to print boarding passes because I did not have a wifi account with the Coral.

We used our smart phones (both of us have one) and the airlines app to check in as soon as we were docked at Ft. Lauderdale. It worked great and we did not have to carry paper copies.

Does the Coral have free kiosks to check-in with your airline and print your boarding passes, or do you have to plan on using a wifi package for this. Our cruise on the Allure last year had these which was a nice feature.

Didn't know if the cruise lines were moving toward offering this for their customers, or if it is just the newer ships.

No. You have to use purchased internet mins., and there is a 50 cent charge to print each pass. The app mentioned in one of the postings is a good way to go. But, my real point here is when you get the post cruise survey mention that this would be a good idea and other cruise lines do provide this service for their guests. Princess does review the surveys.

:(

We will probably have a wifi account, but may have to account for extra minutes for that. I know sometimes it is extremely slow.

Unfortunately, Southwest does not have the mobile boarding pass for Ft. Lauderdale, so we will have to endure the wait.

If you're flying Southwest you can pay $12.50 pp when you book for their Priority Check-in. That qualifies you for space in the first 60 aboard, depending on when you book it, so you can likely sit together.

If you have the opportunity to use EZ Check, in addition to having your bags handled all the way from the ship to your destination, Princess includes providing your boarding pass as part of the service.

OK, you're on SW, maybe you can't use EZ Check, I'm not sure. Hopefully others can use this info though.

Edited by beg3yrs

The Sapphire had a check in special at the end of the cruise for 15-20 minutes to check in and print boarding passes. This is the first time I have seen that. However we had such horrendous internet throughout the cruise it would have been a waste of $$. This is the first time I did not even activate my free minutes. It locked up constantly. :(

If you have the opportunity to use EZ Check, in addition to having your bags handled all the way from the ship to your destination, Princess includes providing your boarding pass as part of the service.

OK, you're on SW, maybe you can't use EZ Check, I'm not sure. Hopefully others can use this info though.

The last I heard, SW participates in EZ check out of Ft. Lauderdale for flights after 11:30 am. Our SW flight is at 11:35 and we are hoping to use EZ check, so I sure hope so! But just in case, we paid the $12.50 for the early check in. We would still have to print our passes at the airport, but we would already be checked in so we wouldn't have a late boarding group. And that is only if we can't use EZ check for some reason.

EZ check is the best way to go. The end of a cruise is such a sad time and to have to also tend to your bags and worry about boarding passes just adds to the sadness. Well worth the $ to use this service!

We were on the Crown a few weeks ago and I too saw at the end of our week a special on internet minutes - about 15 minutes for around $10. I assumed it was for those who would need to print boarding passes. Great idea. But I do like the idea of having a free place just for getting your passes for your flights! That would be a nice service.

:(

We will probably have a wifi account, but may have to account for extra minutes for that. I know sometimes it is extremely slow.

Unfortunately, Southwest does not have the mobile boarding pass for Ft. Lauderdale, so we will have to endure the wait.

The important thing with SW is to check in which you can do without printing the boarding pass but will secure your place in the boarding queue. The pass can always be porinted out easily at the airport.

Even if you can use your plan's internet minutes to check in, the printouts can take mucho minutes with so many on board trying to do the same thing at the same time.

On our last cruise on the star, the internet manager was there helping us and gave me a great tip since sw site was ultra slow. He suggested we do a google search for sw and click on check in when google presented it. It was much faster and because I had lots of extra free minutes I just let people go in my minutes one after another to get boarding numbers as it was quick to go backwards and put in another name and reservation number ( which worked well til someone x'd out after they did theirs lol). We were doing a new boarding pass in under thirty seconds each.

Sent from my iPod touch using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app