Freestyle Coke Machines

hardingk

• 3 years later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Will this still be the case now the new changes have been made to the Classic package? Only time will tell.

I am wondering about that too. What good it is to include fountain soda when there is no fountain soda onboard? Even at the MDR they give you cans to pull into glass yourself.

I am wondering about that too. What good it is to include fountain soda when there is no fountain soda onboard? Even at the MDR they give you cans to pull into glass yourself.

I bet the Freestyle machines or something similar will show up on the new ships and then maybe added to the older ships as they get refurbished. I hope that's not the case, but it has to be a suspicion based on the change in wording in their drink packages.

All soda is served in cans on Celebrity now. They used to have some awful fountain stuff but they stopped using that a few years ago.

Celebrity made some changes to the Classic beverage package a couple of weeks ago. If you have the Classic package it includes fountain soda but not cans of soda. The Premium package includes cans of soda.

Never had a problem getting a Diet Coke on any line I've been on, walk to the bar, "G'day mate how's it going, can I grab a Diet Coke thanks, don't bother about a straw. Thanks mate see you later".

Are you saying they gave you the Diet Coke in a glass or can? I, too, never had a problem. That was before the Classic Package was rewritten. Of course I can just pay for one but I'll probably just bring some aboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Nope. Glad they don't have them. Find the drinks to be very flat after our RCI experiences.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree 100%. I find the soda's from these machines do not taste good at all. The 'flavored" cokes are horrible. And, based on my experience recently on RCL's Anthem, most times the machine was out of a lot of flavors.

We normally sail Royal, but we are sailing Celebrity in June. We love the Freestyle machines on Royal, but I'm going to be thrilled with being able to get the drink in a can with the premium drink package. We were on Liberty last summer and they were never able to keep the machine working anyway. Do you get some sort of thermal glass if you have a drink package? Not a deal breaker, just curious. Also, if you can get the drinks in a can, does anyone bring one of the insulated "sleeve" type things to keep the can drink cold out by the pool in the sun? I haven't seen anyone mention that as something hey carry with them.

We normally sail Royal, but we are sailing Celebrity in June. We love the Freestyle machines on Royal, but I'm going to be thrilled with being able to get the drink in a can with the premium drink package. We were on Liberty last summer and they were never able to keep the machine working anyway. Do you get some sort of thermal glass if you have a drink package? Not a deal breaker, just curious. Also, if you can get the drinks in a can, does anyone bring one of the insulated "sleeve" type things to keep the can drink cold out by the pool in the sun? I haven't seen anyone mention that as something hey carry with them.

Yes, you will get cans of Coke and you can ask that it not be opened.

There is no thermal cup with any package. And, feel free to bring a thermal drink holder along. You will see all kinds of different things being brought on board. :D Enjoy!