Princess Question

beachnut41955

I am booked on a southbound Alaska cruise in May. I prepaid my gratuities and the cost of a coffee card. It was taken out of my account over a month ago. After reading here about getting a copy of the paperwork so if there were to be any question I called Princess yesterday. The may said he would be happy to email it to me. He verified my home email address and did it while I was on the phone with him. I have never received the email. So today I call again and spoke with a nice woman. She verified my home email address and sent it again. I also asked her to send to my work and gave her my work email which she verified with me and sent it as well. I still have not received any email at home or work. What do you think could be the issue? I do get all the Princess emailings otherwise. I guess if I haven't received either email by Monday I will call back and ask that they fax it to me. Any suggestions as to why I am not getting the emails? Thanks!

I am booked on a southbound Alaska cruise in May. I prepaid my gratuities and the cost of a coffee card. It was taken out of my account over a month ago. After reading here about getting a copy of the paperwork so if there were to be any question I called Princess yesterday. The may said he would be happy to email it to me. He verified my home email address and did it while I was on the phone with him. I have never received the email. So today I call again and spoke with a nice woman. She verified my home email address and sent it again. I also asked her to send to my work and gave her my work email which she verified with me and sent it as well. I still have not received any email at home or work. What do you think could be the issue? I do get all the Princess emailings otherwise. I guess if I haven't received either email by Monday I will call back and ask that they fax it to me. Any suggestions as to why I am not getting the emails? Thanks!

Look in your spam or junk folders. In fact, at the bottom of important e-mails from Princess it will say "to ensure delivery to your inbox add princesscruises@email.princess.com to your email address book."

Edited by billco

Ask them to read the spelling of the address back to you. We had an issue one time with a hotel where the person sending the e-mail kept using an "s" in the spelling instead of a "z". It could be something that simple.

Look carefully thru your cruise personalizer at Princess.com. Everything that affected our onboard costs was shown on my personalizer long before we sailed.

This included:

OBC for Future Cruise Credit

Shareholder Credit

I am thinking the information that you need may already be available.

Be aware that even though you have "pre-paid" your gratuities, they're not really pre-paid. All you've done is send yourself OBC in the amount of the gratuities. You'll still be charged nightly but the amount will be deducted from your credit (along with everything else charged to your folio.) I just don't want you to be surprised.

As said, check your Cruise Personalizer > Payments & Credits. The OBC should be listed there. The OBC and coffee card might be listed on your Travel Summary. I'd check there as well.

I have had trouble getting e-mail sent from princess.

I called and ask for all my purchases to be put on one invoice. OBC, pre paid gratuities, Drink's for cabin consumption. it took several calls but I finally got the e-mail.

Since I booked threw a TA some of the reps told me that they could not send me a e-mail. Others said this is not true.

The last time I asked the rep to stay on the phone while I waited for the e-mail.

Long story short I finally have my receipt of all my purchases

Be aware that even though you have "pre-paid" your gratuities, they're not really pre-paid. All you've done is send yourself OBC in the amount of the gratuities. You'll still be charged nightly but the amount will be deducted from your credit (along with everything else charged to your folio.) I just don't want you to be surprised.

As said, check your Cruise Personalizer > Payments & Credits. The OBC should be listed there. The OBC and coffee card might be listed on your Travel Summary. I'd check there as well.

Thanks for the head's up on this.

When i called to pre pay my gratuities I used the item number for pp gratuities from gift and services.

The lady I spoke to said that was new. (so she say's)

So I understand you correctly. Even thought it is its own line item on my receipt, separate from my different kinds of OBC it will be treated just like all my other OBC.

PS None of my OBC from my TA or what I purchased show up any where on my Doc's But its all there on the printed Receipt Princess E-mailed me.

Edited by Bases5