"Signature Lapel Pin" - Real or Urban Myth?

I'm Diamond and never got a lapel pin. And honestly I don't really care. But I've seen LOTS of folks sporting various pins in the Diamond lounge, so I know they exist. As long as I get my Diamond balcony/suite discount, I'm a happy Diamond and they can keep the pin and give it to someone else.

Thank you to all who have responded. I will hit Diamond on my third morning of my Grandeur sailing in May, so I will be owed Platinum, Emerald, and Diamond pins and I intend to collect them all, just to keep RCI to its word. I will report back on whether I am successful.

The pins themselves are meaningless. But I've been an RCI passenger for 20 years (yes, it's our platinum anniversary as a pair) and attention must be paid. :D

You only reach you next C&A level after completion of the cruise as I have seen on these boards. So you may not get the diamond one.

We have ours with the seapass cards and plan to make up a collage of all the different items. Every seapass card is either a different colour or different ship, and when I bought the frame I hadn't decided to put the pins in, so now I need a bigger frame.

Just in case people wonder what I mean by the seapass cards, a normal cabin is blueish, a Junior Suite is silver and a Grand Suite was a gold card. Don't see another gold card in our near future, but we have enjoyed all the cabins and all the ships :)

Just in case people wonder what I mean by the seapass cards, a normal cabin is blueish, a Junior Suite is silver and a Grand Suite was a gold card. Don't see another gold card in our near future, but we have enjoyed all the cabins and all the ships :)

C & A Pinnacle is also issued a Gold card - and I don't see that in my future at all.....:(

Edited by leaveitallbehind

There is NO Pin for Gold (Maybe Years Ago)

Pins start at Platinum

I & My Parents had go the C&A/FS office after the Top Teir Event on the Second Leg of a B2B to get our Pins for Platinum. :confused:

On the The Next Cruise we were on the folloing year We Had 3 Platinum Pins waiting in our stateroom for us ON the NIGHT of the 1st C&A Event :p

We received both, Platinum and Emerald, in our cabin. I mentioned to the loyality ambassador that we´ve turned Emerald during the cruise and she gave us the pins "ahead of time". On the next cruise we again received the pins :D.

I made up a wall hanger for my pins

maritim-quilt-qm2.jpg

The one on the lower left corner is the Emerald pin (gold with a tiny green "stone"), the one on the top right corner is the Platinum (silver). The ship is a pin of the Splendour of the Seas which I bought onboard. You can also see the NCL pins. AIDA has nice pins too. Bought the one of the QM2. As for Celebrity it´s the "Connections" pin and the 20 years of Celebrity pin.

steamboats

I have them all except Emerald...which wasn't a tier yet when I first began cruising...I do enjoy wearing my D+ pin, usually only on boarding day...and at the top tier party...it's a nice reminder of past cruises...

Edited by kc320

The only ships that I know of that do this are the Oasis and Allure because the Helipads are not accessible. One time I was on the Helipad that was for Suite and D+ only, and the other time the Helipad party was for Platinum and Higher. I think it may depend on may many people are on the ship at any given time.

We had the top tier party on the helipad at sailaway on the Jewel in January. It was a lot of fun, mainly because it was different than the usual party. It was a last minute change too, because we'd originally received a notice in the cabin that the party would be in the Safari Club.

I got my Platinum pin on my first cruise as Platinum. It was waiting in the cabin when I boarded. My next cruise will be my first as Emerald. Guess we'll see if I get a pin at that time.

Two cruises AFTER we reached Emerald status...ONE lapel pin appeared in our cabin. My brother-in-law (same status as us) received TWO. No clue as to why we didn't receive them when we reached Emerald status OR why we got one/they got two since my husband and I cruise together. Also, my brother-in-law and his wife also received two in the MAIL!!!! We still just have the one but never plan to use/wear it. Regardless, I would rather they save their money and use this "gift" elsewhere, like a couple of extra specialty coffees or glass of wine.

The only ships that I know of that do this are the Oasis and Allure because the Helipads are not accessible. One time I was on the Helipad that was for Suite and D+ only, and the other time the Helipad party was for Platinum and Higher. I think it may depend on may many people are on the ship at any given time.

Oh what the heck would the presence of a helipad have to do with this? I have emailed an RCI rep who offered himself for "anything" after a serious question arose on my Vision cruise (like RCI directing us to the wrong dock in Lisbon by 2 miles) and will see if I get a response. It's a weekend. I just ordered a bag from Kipling on whose strap I intend to display these pins. :D

Karen

We received Emerald & now a Diamond on the last cruise. The pins are shown in this picture above the certificate we received for turning Diamond. So they are real. However we did not receive one for Platinum.

image_zps873eb985.jpg

I got the same certificate and pin when I turned diamond. My first cruise as a diamond was on the Brilliance, but I got it one cruise later on the Mariner. Pin is still in original package. Don't see myself using the pin while on a cruise......

They were delivered to our cabin, but I was also kind of thinking maybe the Diamond one was mailed to us. Maybe not. I do not, however, remember getting a certificate for being Diamond like the one posted. Now I'm miffed. ;):D

We never got any kind of certificate and we always had to go and ask for our pins.

I wonder of the give those certificates out in the middle of a cruise on the actual day you move up or is it just at the beginning of your next cruise.

DH received this in our cabin on our most recent cruise:

13320642734_6f504b32fd.jpg

DD and I received ours in the mail.

I reached D+ on my last cruise...so I'm hoping for one of 'those' in my cabin in May..my next cruise!! I had to ask for my Diamond pin.....but it did arrive at my cabin.

I don't wear them either, I attach them to various cruise bags or might wear it to a Diamond event on the ship..but then take it off afterwards.

It's a nice recognition and I appreciate it.

Joyce :D

I've gotten Platinum and Emerald and will be receiving my Diamond one in 3 weeks. You have to ask the L.A. onboard for them. They use to place them in your cabin on the first day of your cruise but I guess due to cutbacks you have to go and ask for them. Just in case people didn't want them, this way they don't waste pins.