"Signature Lapel Pin" - Real or Urban Myth?

I just received an email about my upcoming Grandeur cruise and happened to check the list of my Emerald benefits (which I will leave behind after this next cruise for Diamond status - woohoo!!), and there's a "signature lapel pin" listed.

Has anyone ever received one of these? If so, when and how?

I've never seen one on Royal Caribbean. NCL used to give pins for each ship, and I even once got a fancy gold one embedded with a tiny diamond-like chip for hitting some high status with Latitudes. (Haven't sailed with them in so long, don't even know if they call it that anymore).

Anyway, is the RCI lapel pin real, or padding to the perks list, like "Exclusive Trivia" (WTH? :confused:)?

Aha! So they do (did?) exist!

Or have they gone the way of pillow chocolates and the website just hasn't been updated?

Mary, do you have any recollection of where/how you got them?

It would appear I should have one with an "emerald" chip to add to my collection.

I'd also like someone to tell me how "Exclusive Trivia" is a benefit. And what it is. :D

Karen

Got 2 at home, received onboard when we made the heady height of platinum. They were placed in cabin along with welcome package on first evening.

Just a plain metal pin badge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, now I'm just miffed. I didn't get a pin for reaching platinum, either.

And I have NEVER seen any sign of a welcome package in my cabin. I was reading about those earlier as well and wondering if they were real.

I've even had to ask for my complimentary bathrobe.

ROYAL CARIBBEAN, WHY ARE YOU DISSING ME LIKE THIS?? WAS IT MY FLING WITH CARNIVAL A FEW YEARS AGO? IT WAS A ONE-OFF, IT DIDN'T MEAN ANYTHING! :eek:

I think I will look into this matter when I am aboard Grandeur in May. I've paid a pretty penny (many single supplements) to earn my status, and I deserve to be recognized!! :D

Karen

We received Emerald & now a Diamond on the last cruise. The pins are shown in this picture above the certificate we received for turning Diamond. So they are real. However we did not receive one for Platinum.

image_zps873eb985.jpg

Edited by ace1zoe2

I think I will look into this matter when I am aboard Grandeur in May. I've paid a pretty penny (many single supplements) to earn my status, and I deserve to be recognized!! :D

Karen

We have gotten one for each level. We just got off the Grandeur on Tuesday. They delivered our diamond pins to the cabin on the second day. [made diamond on last cruise] You should have no trouble getting them.

I've never received a pin. Always had a welcome package though. I reach D+ next cruise so we'll see.

Actually--the person I was responding to [and quoted] said they will be on the the Grandeur. Since we got 2 of our pins [emerald and diamond ]while we were on the Grandeur I feel the person I posted to would have their pins. :p

We received Emerald & now a Diamond on the last cruise. The pins are shown in this picture above the certificate we received for turning Diamond. So they are real. However we did not receive one for Platinum.

image_zps873eb985.jpg

Looking forward to getting this on our next cruise. :)

Aha! So they do (did?) exist!

Or have they gone the way of pillow chocolates and the website just hasn't been updated?

Mary, do you have any recollection of where/how you got them?

It would appear I should have one with an "emerald" chip to add to my collection.

I'd also like someone to tell me how "Exclusive Trivia" is a benefit. And what it is. :D

Karen

They were delivered to our cabin, but I was also kind of thinking maybe the Diamond one was mailed to us. Maybe not. I do not, however, remember getting a certificate for being Diamond like the one posted. Now I'm miffed. ;):D

I don't recall receiving one for Gold--but that was many years ago. The first cruise after we made Platinum, I received the pin. On our last cruise, which was the first after attaining Emerald, we received the pins as well. Both times in our stateroom and without asking. I think it was like the 2nd or 3rd night. I had forgotten until they showed up :)

We received our gold pins many years ago. We also received the pins for Diamond and Diamond Plus. On a recent cruise I was chatting with the loyalty ambassador about the tiers and mentioned that I had never seen a Emerald Pin. She turned around, opened a cabinet, and gave me two Emerald pins! There is a tiny green stone in the middle of each.

Kay

Edited by roadburner

Never got any pins for anything till we hit Diamond, then all got them in the cabins even though it was only DDs second cruise on Royal:D. They are still on the card in my travel "stuff" bin, Ive never brought them on a cruise. What I'm holding out for is a heli pad sail away party. They never seem to hold them on a ship I'm sailing on:(

Edited by Familygoboston

I just received an email about my upcoming Grandeur cruise and happened to check the list of my Emerald benefits (which I will leave behind after this next cruise for Diamond status - woohoo!!), and there's a "signature lapel pin" listed.

Has anyone ever received one of these? If so, when and how?

I've never seen one on Royal Caribbean. NCL used to give pins for each ship, and I even once got a fancy gold one embedded with a tiny diamond-like chip for hitting some high status with Latitudes. (Haven't sailed with them in so long, don't even know if they call it that anymore).

Anyway, is the RCI lapel pin real, or padding to the perks list, like "Exclusive Trivia" (WTH? :confused:)?

Yes, but I had to actually ask the concierge for our Diamond pin.

Never got any pins for anything till we hit Diamond, then all got them in the cabins even though it was only DDs second cruise on Royal:D. They are still on the card in my travel "stuff" bin, Ive never brought them on a cruise. What I'm holding out for is a heli pad sail away party. They never seem to hold them on a ship I'm sailing on:(

The only ships that I know of that do this are the Oasis and Allure because the Helipads are not accessible. One time I was on the Helipad that was for Suite and D+ only, and the other time the Helipad party was for Platinum and Higher. I think it may depend on may many people are on the ship at any given time.