"Signature Lapel Pin" - Real or Urban Myth?

We have been cruising since 2003, been through all the C&A levels upto D+ and never seen or received any acknowledgment or pin (except photos).

Did get a bottle of Champagne once for being top cruisers though.

Edited by roysmith99

I know I didn't receive pins for Diamond or Diamond Plus. I can't remember if I received a pin for Platinum, and Emerald didn't exist until after I passed that level. On the cruise that I was supposed to get my diamond pin, the LA said they had run out and she would have C&A mail it to me. I didn't receive it and after several weeks called C&A. I was told they were out and would mail it to me when they restocked. I never received it and asked about on my next cruise. I was again told they were out and to call C&A. I called but never got my pin. On Adventure two years ago I was supposed to get my D+ pin, but guess what! They were out and I was told to call C&A to have it mailed. I called C&A and was told they don't mail them anymore and I should ask for one on my next cruise. I'll probably sail on RC next summer w/ extended family so I may see if I can get one then.

Funny thing - I've sailed on Celebrity and am a member of their Captain's Club. When I made Diamond with C&A, my status with Captain Club switched to Elite, even though I had only cruised with them once at that time. Celebrity sent me the Elite status pins and luggage tags. I'm not sure where the pins are but I still use the luggage tags.

I have received pins when going up each level and they were in my cabin when starting my next cruise after achieving the level. They are a nice touch but I would never actually wear one as I think everyone deserves the same treatment whether they are pinnacle or on their first cruise. :)

• 5 years later...
2 hours ago, Ethanol95 said:

Did anyone receive a membership card instead of the pin? I received a membership card after turning Platinum, but no lapel. Also haven't seen any welcome gifts of such when I was gold either. 

The C&A gifts were stopped maybe 8 or 9 years ago.

2 minutes ago, Ethanol95 said:

That sucks. Do Emerald and above still get welcome amenity kits though?

Yes, but I believe it's now down to a plate of cookies and a non-alcoholic beverage, such as bottled water, soda, etc.  You have to call C&A to choose the beverage.

2 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Yes, but I believe it's now down to a plate of cookies and a non-alcoholic beverage, such as bottled water, soda, etc.  You have to call C&A to choose the beverage.

Sounds like cost-cutting to me..

We got pins in our room.  I am trying to remember if it was the last cruise (April 2019) or the one before (Aug 2018).

I know I have a Platinum pin, as I ran across it while straightening up last weekend. 🙂