Just booked the Anthem -- Dining Issue

kelmac

I booked the Anthem of the Seas today for June, 20th, 2015 -- 14 day sailing out of Southampton. No problem, except they booked everyone under "Select Dining" with wait listing to traditional main seating. As soon as the booking was complete -- confirmed "Early Seating" appeared on my confirmation.

Are they doing this to protect their gratuities from the deadbeats? Is this something new? European thing? Not really a problem, but seems strange.

Enjoy!

Kel:)

There's another thread that refers to Anthem Dining Options that has a link to deck plans and so far there's indication that there's no main dining room(s). There's seems to be named restaurants, other than known specialty ones, such as Grande, Chic, Silk, American Icon Grill. There seems to be a large un-named spaces on the 3&4th deck.

There's another thread that refers to Anthem Dining Options that has a link to deck plans and so far there's indication that there's no main dining room(s). There's seems to be named restaurants, other than known specialty ones, such as Grande, Chic, Silk, American Icon Grill. There seems to be a large un-named spaces on the 3&4th deck.

There was such a thread... where did it go?

I tried to find it, but it's not there anymore. There's no indication that it has been moved to another thread.--Strange, I guess it's the deck plans that they want to keep under wraps.

Also, just got an e-mail from RCCL stating there sill be a " A Live Google Hangout" on March 27 at 1:30pm with

Adam Goldstein (Pres. & CEO) and Colleen McDaniel Editor, CruiseCritic.com. Hope they elaborate.

This is for the Quantum, which we are booked for the Feb. 2, 2015.

go over to our roll call for Quantum's inaugural 11-23-14. Liz posted the link. I just looked at it and I'm not happy. Looks like we might be forced into rotational dining like on Disney (and those venues are dumbed down dining like American Icon Grill which is comfort food aka mashed taters, fried chicken or 270's soup, salad, and sandwich shop which you take wherever you want to eat it).

go over to our roll call for Quantum's inaugural 11-23-14. Liz posted the link. I just looked at it and I'm not happy. Looks like we might be forced into rotational dining like on Disney (and those venues are dumbed down dining like American Icon Grill which is comfort food aka mashed taters, fried chicken or 270's soup, salad, and sandwich shop which you take wherever you want to eat it).

The link is not working now..including mine :(

Shame on you Royal Caribbean :mad:

I think it's funny how much of the influence of other cruise lines you can see in these choices, assuming there is rotational dining.

-Wonderland Imaginative Cuisine reminds me a lot of Q'sine on Celebrity, which I note also has a restaurant called "Silk Harvest" on some of its ships... compare to Silk on Quantum/Anthem.

-American Icon Grill reminds me of Carnival's comfort food concept.

-The rotational concept (if it actually comes to fruition) is of course a take on a Disney concept.

Unlike Royal to copy so much, so I look forward to seeing how well they're able to distinguish these concepts and put their own stamp on them!

The link is not working now..including mine :(

Shame on you Royal Caribbean :mad:

Sheesh, I'm glad I saved the PDF hours ago! Totally figured this would happen though, the published it early by accident then took it down. Wouldn't be the first time something like that has happened.

Sheesh, I'm glad I saved the PDF hours ago! Totally figured this would happen though, the published it early by accident then took it down. Wouldn't be the first time something like that has happened.

Yes me too ;)

It is not the first time this sort of thing has happened when it comes to Royal Caribbean and their reveals...word gets out "by accident" ..yea right :rolleyes:

There is a lot of white space aft on decks 3 & 4...I do not think they'd ditch the main dining room.....

That said, I love how they can foul up and leak deck plans, but they can't keep people apprised of what's up with Navigator and Adventure. They REALLY need some 15 year old social media staffers...

There is a lot of white space aft on decks 3 & 4...I do not think they'd ditch the main dining room...

I was assuming that white space is the galley, I guess we'll see.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

I just went to my Anthem booking on the RCI site and found this:

Preferences & Requests

Room Arrangement: Together/Both Together

Dinner Seating: Culinary Announcement coming in 2014!

Cruise Celebrations: None

Linked Reservations: None

It does look like they are going to introduce something new concerning the MDR??

Yep!

I was joking with the poster who attached the link that he could take the heat for posting it if it wasn't supposed to be published yet. Didn't realize how true those words were! ;)

It's also removed from the original website.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

I think it's funny how much of the influence of other cruise lines you can see in these choices, assuming there is rotational dining.

-Wonderland Imaginative Cuisine reminds me a lot of Q'sine on Celebrity, which I note also has a restaurant called "Silk Harvest" on some of its ships... compare to Silk on Quantum/Anthem.

-American Icon Grill reminds me of Carnival's comfort food concept.

-The rotational concept (if it actually comes to fruition) is of course a take on a Disney concept.

Unlike Royal to copy so much, so I look forward to seeing how well they're able to distinguish these concepts and put their own stamp on them!

We'll find out on the 27th.

Yes it looks like RCCL has edited out the dining options in Wikipedia... Smooth move... What bullies! Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The dining options are back on Wikipedia as well as a link under reference 23 to the full set of deck plans that were published yesterday. It is a link to PDF of the plans do they can't be pulled.

The dining options are back on Wikipedia as well as a link under reference 23 to the full set of deck plans that were published yesterday. It is a link to PDF of the plans do they can't be pulled.

....aaaaaaaaaaaaand they're gone again on Wikipedia :D Plus the PDF has been removed.

Wikipedia keeps a history of all page edits, though, so you can still view the page version with the restaurants here if you really want to.

It took them an impressive 2 minutes after the re-post of the information to remove it again.

Disclaimer to keep the men in black away from my front door:

I personally do not approve of posting copyrighted information and I did not post any information that I did not find on a publicly accessible location.

Edited by [g]cruiserke

cruiserke;42185719']....aaaaaaaaaaaaand they're gone again on Wikipedia :D Plus the PDF has been removed.

Wikipedia keeps a history of all page edits' date=' though, so you can still view the page version with the restaurants here if you really want to.

It took them an impressive 7 minutes after the re-post of the information to remove it again.

Disclaimer to keep the men in black away from my front door:

I personally do not approve of posting copyrighted information and I did not post any information that I did not find on a publicly accessible location.

If you look at the IP address that keeps removing the dining information, it's registered to Royal Caribbean's offices in Miami.

If you look at the IP address that keeps removing the dining information, it's registered to Royal Caribbean's offices in Miami.

Instead of having someone sitting and monitoring CC and Wikipedia to delete info that is already out there you would think that maybe they could find a better use for that person say maybe answering the phones or perhaps sending out info to AOS or NOS cruisers earlier this weekend.:rolleyes: