room service

It is not customary to tip because the auto daily tips include all service staff including room service. You can tip extra if you really want to but unless it's something out of the ordinary I don't double tip. RCL has worked out who and how much all their staff gets and charges us accordingly via our auto tipping so why second guess them?

It is not customary to tip because the auto daily tips include all service staff including room service. You can tip extra if you really want to but unless it's something out of the ordinary I don't double tip. RCL has worked out who and how much all their staff gets and charges us accordingly via our auto tipping so why second guess them?

It IS customary to tip the person who delivers room service. You may not, but many of us do............

I am pretty sure you are off on this one. Room service is not included in the daily surcharge. One of the reasons for the late night charge us people were either falling asleep after ordering or just plain stiffed room service.

If you do not want to tip them, that is fine, but realize it is not already included, the surcharge goes to the standard places, not room service, specialty restaurants, or other such places.

Edited by akcruz

This is absolutely WRONG! Room service delivery is NOT included in other tips. Don't know where you got this bit of misinformation except maybe that the late night $3.95 fee does include a tip.

Your tips cover your cabin attendant, waiter, ass't waiter and head waiter. Room service is delivered by the kitchen staff...they are NOT part of the "tipped" employees, so a small tip is appreciated.

On Princess, tips cover everyone..not on RCI.

I started ordering room service on my last few cruises, not every morning but a few times. The waiters who deliver the trays are always so nice and pleasant, I have no problem tipping them a few dollars. They are not part of the tips pool. Check with your cabin steward, but last time I asked he said not to put the dirty dishes out in the hallway, it is a safety hazard, just leave them on the coffee table or desk. If I do a few room services I give the cabin steward a few dollars extra for his extra work, that is just my opinion.

Such a sticky subject, however the cruises I've been on the cabin steward/assistant and room service people Always get tipped by us.

Not one to believe it Their job to wait on us. Whether it's right or wrong, you do seem to get just a little better service by tipping.

On the Allure March 2nd and I ordered coffee for 2 every morning. Tipped 2 -3 dollars. Always take $1 bills . Just mark time you want delivered and they called and told us was coming.

I personally like that they call before. Which is likely a pain for them. On Princess they seem to have a window of a half an hour before or after your preferred time ;)

I set out my tip on the dresser the night before.

Edited by mintjulip123

I always tip anywhere from 2-4$ for breakfast. We only do the breakfast in the room on days that we have an early excurison :D. You dont have to tip but its customary. when we have our balconey they go out and set the food on there for us so its good service.

incorrect. the daily charge ONLY includes the wait staff in the public venues( MDR, Buffet, solarium, etc) and the cabin attendants

NOT room service.

OP: there are a few items that incur a fee regardless of when you order. the prices are clearly marked. if you are in a GS or above you may order off the MDR when it is open. otherwise the menu is limited( but I really love the burger)

After years of schlepping to the Windjammer to bring back cups of coffee, we now get a pot of coffee and some pastries and/or fruit delivered each morning to enjoy on the balcony.

You should always tip for room service, though the server won't stand there waiting for it. They'll come in, set down the tray and be out of there in a flash once they're sure everything is as ordered.

We get a nice sized stack of $2 bills from the bank just to keep on hand for room service tips, and it really seems to be appreciated.