Eating breakfast on your balcony

We have an E1 connecting stateroom. All of the pictures that I have seen, I only see a short table with two deck chairs. Is it uncomfortable or inconvenient trying to eat on your balcony on such a short table? Thanks for the input in advance! ;-)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

We have an E1 connecting stateroom. All of the pictures that I have seen, I only see a short table with two deck chairs. Is it uncomfortable or inconvenient trying to eat on your balcony on such a short table? Thanks for the input in advance! ;-)

Yes, but . . . the table is too small to accommodate a breakfast tray. We usually leave the tray on the table in the room and just bring out the food in shifts. We also tend to do just a continental breakfast if we are using room service.

Yes, it is way too short to be comfortable and too inconvenient for the amount of covered plates etc. for a meal. We've tried it twice (slow learners!) for the two of us and are now more than happy skip this idea.

It sounds far more luxurious than it is.;)

You won't believe the number of trays they bring for even the simplest of orders. Your best to just order coffee / juice and eat else ware.

Even then don't be surprised if they get there either too early or late.

We love eating on our balcony, watching the water and occasional wild life go by. So what if the tables a little small, it's not like you're having a fancy steak dinner. It's scrambled eggs and bacon!

Shirley, Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

It is a pain in the butt, and not very comfortable. It is still nice and worth doing once or twice.

I agree DW and I try to do the breakfast on the Balcony at least twice. :)

We often get our breakfast from the windjammer instead of room service so we can get exactly what we want and bring it back to eat on our balcony. We usually only have 1 plate each (instead of having things on separate plates if ordered through room service) so, while space is a little tight, it's manageable. I don't think we'd do this if we didn't have a room on a high deck, but our last few cruise we've been close enough that our food isn't cold by the time we get to our room.

I saw a picture somewhere recently of the glass coffee table from inside the room that someone put outside on the balcony. Not something we've tried but I suppose it'd give a bit more room.

We aren't fans of eating in the cabin (or, hotel room, for that matter)...unless you are in a full suite, there's no dining table....so eating on a coffee table, or small patio table just isn't conducive to "fine dining"! Plus, then you have dirty dishes in the cabin!!

The table is fine for a cup of coffee....then we go to the dining room for a real breakfast, served to you, nice and hot, on real tables with tableclothes! Despite the tableclothes, shorts/flip-flops are fine at breakfast!

As others mentioned, balconies are perfect for a breakfast of some pastries/toast and coffee. Anything that requires a fork and knife would be a bit cramped out there. Usually the fiancee and I just do a small breakfast so it works perfectly for us. Others just do coffee and a tiny snack out there and then go down to "real" breakfast.

Edited by Dajbman22

We aren't fans of eating in the cabin (or, hotel room, for that matter)...unless you are in a full suite, there's no dining table....so eating on a coffee table, or small patio table just isn't conducive to "fine dining"! Plus, then you have dirty dishes in the cabin!!

The table is fine for a cup of coffee....then we go to the dining room for a real breakfast, served to you, nice and hot, on real tables with tableclothes! Despite the tableclothes, shorts/flip-flops are fine at breakfast!

there is a little table in the room, and they tell you to put your trays outside your room when you are done, and your room person gets it for you :) I loved eating in our cabin on days when we had excursions.

Yes, it is way too short to be comfortable and too inconvenient for the amount of covered plates etc. for a meal. We've tried it twice (slow learners!) for the two of us and are now more than happy skip this idea.

It sounds far more luxurious than it is.;)[/QUOTE]

Yes - It really is quite a pain. With that said, coffee/juice/pastries on the balcony are delightful.

enjoy

M

The tables as small and low... but who cares... we make it work... you can't beat the view! We get room service breakfast almost every day we are in port. We go back and forth as we are getting ready and don't have to rush. Part of the beni of having a balcony! Enjoy it! Save the sit down breakfast for sea days!

there is a little table in the room, and they tell you to put your trays outside your room when you are done, and your room person gets it for you :) I loved eating in our cabin on days when we had excursions.

Please just leave your tray in the cabin, not in the corridor, and your cabin attendant will remove it. Trays in the corridor are a tripping hazard and in the way of someone with a wheelchair or walker.

Please just leave your tray in the cabin, not in the corridor, and your cabin attendant will remove it. Trays in the corridor are a tripping hazard and in the way of someone with a wheelchair or walker.

As a wheelchair user, I wholeheartedly agree with this! I literally can not go down the hallway by myself right after breakfast time because I have to have someone walk in front of me to move trays. Otherwise I am trapped in my cabin until it's all picked up. It's not cruisers fault though, we are told to put the trays in the hall. It's a policy that needs changing. I never thought twice about putting the trays in the hall (before I was in a chair) until I saw a lady with a walker struggling to navigate around them. I think most people who don't have mobility problems, or spend time with people who do, just simply don't realize what may cause us problems so I am really glad you brought this up!

Breakfast on the balcony would be great on a sea day, to leasurely get up and chill and take your time, no rush, no hurry.

But I do not like cold food, and that could be a draw back.

And the continental breakfast stuff, does nothing for me.

Sea Ya

cb at sea, not everyone wants "fine dining" at breakfast. ;)

Some ships have tables that are actually not bad - Jewel had a lovely table on the balcony, taller and a bit larger, but Serenade had the smaller one.

Faith, your baby is PRECIOUS! :D:D:D

Thank you so much! :) He keeps us busy and we love it!