Dumbest Things a Celebrity Rep Ever Told You That was not True?

Lastdance

:eek:What was the dumbest thing that a Celebrity Representative ever told you? I was traveling with my DH and my cousin and her DH on a Med cruise. We were told by Celebrity that all four of us couldn't get off the ship together because they were not in Concierge Class! They paid the difference to upgrade because of this. This was quite a few years ago, but it still angers all of us. (Sorry, verb above should be were and NOT was!)

Edited by Lastdance

:eek:What was the dumbest thing that a Celebrity Representative ever told you? I was traveling with my DH and my cousin and her DH on a Med cruise. We were told by Celebrity that all four of us couldn't get off the ship together because they were not in Concierge Class! They paid the difference to upgrade because of this. This was quite a few years ago, but it still angers all of us. (Sorry, verb above should be were and NOT was!)

Just last week I asked if a particular cabin had the bed by the bath or balcony. The rep told me if it wasn't the way we preferred to just ask the cabin attendant and they would rearrange the room!!! Really????

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Just last week I asked if a particular cabin had the bed by the bath or balcony. The rep told me if it wasn't the way we preferred to just ask the cabin attendant and they would rearrange the room!!! Really????

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Hahaha that's a good one. :-) Can you imagine? One person was told that the glass show was on the Infinity. I found that interesting.

That you could not have beer in your stateroom -- when it is stocked in the mini fridge!

As far as the dumbest thing they've ever been asked, my DD's BF called up RCCL and asked if they had to stay in their cabins while the ship was moving!! She, who has been cruising since she was 4 months old, almost died of embarrassment!!

Just after the 2010 earthquake in Haiti, we were told that Xpedition had cancelled their scheduled stop in Labadee. We were on Solstice and were the first Celebrity ship scheduled to call on Labadee. We did make the stop and brought in food, clothing, medicine and water which was trucked to Port au Prince. Xpedition stayed in the Galapagos.

As far as the dumbest thing they've ever been asked, my DD's BF called up RCCL and asked if they had to stay in their cabins while the ship was moving!! She, who has been cruising since she was 4 months old, almost died of embarrassment!!

And seat belts must remained fastened, with trays and seats in the full upright position.

I was told that if we booked an AQ cabin that we could NEVER eat dinner or breakfast in the main dining room. If we did not like that night's Blu menu we had to eat in a specialty restaurant or the buffet. That was a few years ago and it was our first Celebrity cruise , we booked a CC cabin rather than AQ.

M

That my assigned cabin on Millenium did not have an obstruction when in three places on the web site it said it does. Oh and the Celebrity rep said I shouldn't trust what's on the web site, it hadn't been updated.

We booked a Balcony on Solstice 18mths ago...for Apr.3rd '14 sailing..... I rang our TA before final payment in Nov.12th'13 and asked to upgrade to Aqua...she said to shoot an email off to Celebrity Sales with my request....I received a reply Feb.3rd '14 apologising for the delay....All she wrote was "all Aqua cabins for that sailing have been sold!".....ah well, that's life.....who am l to change my mind?

I would love to the list of the dumbest questions the X CSR's have been asked

If life on the other end of the phone line is similar to the same questions being asked a million times on these boards, I'd probably start making stuff up, too.

"Of course you can bring your pony. That's what the lawn is FOR!"

"No, Ma'am, ice is not included with the beverage package, but is available for a small surcharge on a first come, first served basis."

"Yes, Sir. If the sun is on the wrong side of the ship on your transatlantic trip, you can request that the captain sail the whole voyage backwards. That's commonplace."

Edited by rbsmithpaige

If anyone remembers Solstice switching disembarkation points for the upcoming Hawaii Cruise from Ensenada to Vancouver. I phoned Celebrity when she was appearing in Vancouver the same day she was supposed to be in Ensenada. I asked how is that possible, they told me the ships were very quick and could easily cover that the same day...hmmmm NO. They're not the Enterprise

If anyone remembers Solstice switching disembarkation points for the upcoming Hawaii Cruise from Ensenada to Vancouver. I phoned Celebrity when she was appearing in Vancouver the same day she was supposed to be in Ensenada. I asked how is that possible, they told me the ships were very quick and could easily cover that the same day...hmmmm NO. They're not the Enterprise

Someone at Celebrity obviously had planned better though, by sending the ship to Vancouver. They have maybe learnt from passenger feedback:

That was the craziest exercise EVER to disembark passengers in Ensenada.

AND it WASN'T EVEN APRIL 1st!!!:eek:

1) Disembark all your passengers,

2) Put them on 54 buses, some of which are not fit to travel, as they had cracked windscreens, so while waiting for a replacement bus, empty original bus of the luggage, but forget to tell passengers, a) where new bus is and b) where you've put their luggage.

3) provided a replacement driver who doesn't know the route and gets lost.

4) send the ship to San Diego, so it arrives before the passengers.

This was on Century, April 2012, when the cruise was supposed to finish in San Diego.

Edited by upwarduk

A few years back, Millennium had an oops moment in Villefranche, mangled a propellor. A passenger informed cruise critic that there was a problem probably requiring a dry dock. I called Captain's Club to see if booking was still open for a Rome departure several days away. Yup.. no problems with booking the next cruise.

There is a major inter-departemenal problem with communications. It's not so much the fault of the person on the phone but with Miami not passing on info to the call centre.

If you like your ability to get price decreases after final payment, you can keep your ability to get price decreases after final payment. If you like the ship ambience, you can keep the ship ambience. If you like your cruise director, you can keep your cruise director. And the cruise fare is going to go down.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE :D:D Bob and Phyl

While on the Eclipse I was booking another cruise over a year in advance. The person at the future cruise sales office kept telling me that every available room that was connecting ( we needed two) was unavailable. We even tried just two rooms next to each other no sorry we were told, not available. I went online on my own the following evening and put two rooms on a 24 hour hold, then went back and got them to complete the booking. :rolleyes:

Years back we sailed Mercury quite often to the Mexican ,from our home port here in San Diego . One time we read in the San Diego Union Tribune(our largest newspaper ) that Mercury had 2 prior sailings of nuro virus .One was 200 ill & the 2nd 100 ill . We phoned Miami & asked what they intended to do for our upcoming cruise due to the nuro . The Celebrity representative denied that the ship had the Nuro Virus.:mad:

When we got to the port ,Celebrity land personnel offered people a full refund (what a joke for those who flew in to this cruise) or a 25% future credit if you board .We boarded & they were spraying every thing in sight with watered down bleach . The ships interiors looked ghostly with every thing a pale white mist .

Some sailings later the Celebrity Mercury Captain was reported with alcohol on his breath by Coasst guard Officials & removed of his command instantly .That incident also made news in the San Diego Union Tribune:eek:

I recently called to inquire about a Choiceair flight that I could see on my end via the internet. I was told that it was a direct flight, even though it clearly had a layover. After going back and forth for a few minutes, I finally got her to see it wasn't. She then proceeded to say that the flight I was trying to purchase disappeared from her screen and was no longer available.

I hung up the phone, called back, and got another representative whom was able to see the flight clearly and help me with the purchase.

Sent from my SGH-T699 using Forums mobile app

Someone at Celebrity obviously had planned better though, by sending the ship to Vancouver. They have maybe learnt from passenger feedback:

That was the craziest exercise EVER to disembark passengers in Ensenada.

AND it WASN'T EVEN APRIL 1st!!!:eek:

1) Disembark all your passengers,

2) Put them on 54 buses, some of which are not fit to travel, as they had cracked windscreens, so while waiting for a replacement bus, empty original bus of the luggage, but forget to tell passengers, a) where new bus is and b) where you've put their luggage.

3) provided a replacement driver who doesn't know the route and gets lost.

4) send the ship to San Diego, so it arrives before the passengers.

This was on Century, April 2012, when the cruise was supposed to finish in San Diego.

We had the same thing happen to us. Has to be the most stupid thing Celebrity could do.