eDoc Disappointment Today

It's 49 days out from my Grandeur cruise, and this morning I get an email from RCI saying my documents are ready. Yippee!! :D

Love to print the luggage tags and lovingly slide them into my CruiseCritic tag holders. Somehow it makes the cruise feel "real" in a way even my 4-figure credit card bill failed to do. ;)

So I click the link in the email, which takes me to a screen with a "View Documents" button, and all that does is take me to a blank white screen that endlessly churns.

So I try logging in and clicking on all the various ways to get to documents. Same results. That website WILL NOT let me see them today.

I've been reading many threads about myriad, bizarre problems with the website, but this is the first time it's hit home. Playing games with me and my luggage tags is just CRUEL. :mad:

I miss the good old days when the goodies came via snail-mail.

What a bummer! Have you tried a different web browser to see if it allows you to see the docs? Otherwise, I would suggest trying again in a day or two (I know the wait is bad) because as you say, RCI's web site has been ultra flakey lately. ;)

What a bummer! Have you tried a different web browser to see if it allows you to see the docs? Otherwise, I would suggest trying again in a day or two (I know the wait is bad) because as you say, RCI's web site has been ultra flakey lately. ;)

Ditto the different browser route..... worked for me previously.....

I like the way you think. :) It didn't occur to me to switch browsers, but I'm going to do it right now. I usually use Internet Explorer, and it's been known to cause problems.

Thanks! I hope it works.

Yes, do try a different web browser as Joe states. I have chrome and cannot every see all my documents from RCI using Chrome...I have to switch over to Internet Explore and have no problems there.

I am close enough to my cruise to be able to print my luggage tags too (30 days) but having lost my passport I am waiting to confirm passport number (either finding my old one before my passport office appt or the details of a new one!). Looking forward to getting everything sorted and slipping my tags onto my suitcase!!!!!

OK, I just tried to get to them in Firefox and Chrome and got the same white screen of utter blankness.

Interesting to hear that IE works better than Chrome on the RCI site. That may be a first. And it may be what ails it. ;)

I'll try again over the weekend. At least I've got plenty of time. (I know, I know. I can get tags at the pier. But then I can't sleep with them under my pillow in the meantime. :D)

It is the browser. If you use Internet Explorer they will show up fine. I prefer Firefox so I view them through the Print option, doesn't really matter to me. I have IE on my computer but always forget to use it when viewing the RCI website.

There are other things that seem unavailable, such as you can't see the 360 cabin renderings on Firefox either, but I have seen enough ship cabins to not care about that. :)

OK, I just tried to get to them in Firefox and Chrome and got the same white screen of utter blankness.

Interesting to hear that IE works better than Chrome on the RCI site. That may be a first. And it may be what ails it. ;)

I'll try again over the weekend. At least I've got plenty of time. (I know, I know. I can get tags at the pier. But then I can't sleep with them under my pillow in the meantime. :D)

Chrome works fine. I have a Chromebook which obviously operates only on chrome and I can always open up everything on RCI no problem, including my cruise documents. I don't buy that it's a Chrome problem.

We have used IE on our pc also. I would try at a later time, such as this evening when less people are online and see if you can open them then. It could easily be a problem with demand on their servers.

Edited by BND

I miss the good old days when the goodies came via snail-mail.

Sorry for your frustration! But your last comment is what we like about our TA. She takes care of all of that for us, prints everything out - including the luggage tags - and mails everything to us well in advance. We get a package in the mail like the good old days - only still!

Everybody, thanks for all your suggestions. I'm on the iPad right now and haven't fired up the big PC. But when I do, I'll try these ideas and let you know if I succeed.

PS: didn't click the Print button because I recall once doing that and launching the printing of that 30-something page booklet, which I want to avoid.

Everybody, thanks for all your suggestions. I'm on the iPad right now and haven't fired up the big PC. But when I do, I'll try these ideas and let you know if I succeed.

PS: didn't click the Print button because I recall once doing that and launching the printing of that 30-something page booklet, which I want to avoid.

Hitting the print button should not launch the printing process. If it does prompt the printing process you need only click cancel on that and it will go away leaving the document read to read.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Got the same white blank screen on the "view" option yesterday while the "print" version worked. That's what I needed to be able to print out the luggage tags. I also always save the print (.pdf) version in a file with any other information (hotel, air) needed for cruise. Haven't printed out the entire documentation since RCCL went totally digital.

Got the same white blank screen on the "view" option yesterday while the "print" version worked. That's what I needed to be able to print out the luggage tags. I also always save the print (.pdf) version in a file with any other information (hotel, air) needed for cruise. Haven't printed out the entire documentation since RCCL went totally digital.

The luggage tags that are in the documents are not the correct size. There is a Print Luggage Tags button on the checkin page on the website that gives you the luggage tags that are the correct size. If you hit the Documentation tab at the top of the page when you go into your cruise it will take you to check in and documents, click Check In and below the area where you input your information to print a Set Sail Pass there will be a Luggage Tag section. Those are the tags that you need for your cruise.

I'm on the same sailing (May 23) and got the same email. I haven't had any issues at all with viewing or printing any of my docs or luggage tags. In fact, I've been a little stunned that I haven't had any issues with the RCI website at all the last 2 days. I was even able to download and print the shore excursion brochure.

I'm using Internet Explorer, for the record.

Janis

It's a weeekend....the website ALWAYS acts up on weekends! Wait until Monday!

I disagree that the website always acts up on weekends. I very rarely have issues with it at all and I am way more likely to visit it on weekends than weekdays. I do think it behaves better with Internet Exployer.