Divina B1 vs B2 vs B3?

Okmyx

How much sunlight will be blocked by the overhang. Our cabin is 13115. Not as severe at the recessed, I understand, but it looks like we should get some sun. Would u recommend I keep. It? We do like the location.

Your information has been invaluable. I cruise a lot, but you offer information above and beyond anything that I have seen.

Thanks,

How much sunlight will be blocked by the overhang. Our cabin is 13115. Not as severe at the recessed, I understand, but it looks like we should get some sun. Would u recommend I keep. It? We do like the location.

Your information has been invaluable. I cruise a lot, but you offer information above and beyond anything that I have seen.

Thanks,

Here are a couple of images that how the smallish amount of overhang above 13112. I would expect you to get some sun mid-morning and mid-afternon but arind midday I would expect the sun to be high enough to cast a shadow on the balcony. I would count that as a blessing

The major overhang with the overhang that would be the same as 13115 in the background on the left hand side, beyond the section of wall

11_zpsc3223878.jpg

A view of the ship where you can see the effect of the shadow of deck 14 your cabin will at the forward end of the middle hump (2 cabins in) on the other side of the ship, It shows that your balcony would have shade on it if the sun was as high as it is in this image. count up from the life boats and you get 4 rows of balconies with sun and then the 5th row up ( all dark) and the you get the dark band of the windows of deck14

divina.jpg

Hope this helps

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Thanks,

more info that should of been on the post above but I ran out of editing time

If sun on your balcony is important to you drop down a deck but stay in the same block of cabins ie the forward section ( the first 7 cabins on either side) of the middle hump. further back and the cabins are smaller

Edited by Skier52

Could I have information on room 8102.

Thank you

A standard balcony cabin in size, 192 sq ft with a 42 sq ft balcony, with a good view of the life boats.

Something like this

Images from cruistrails locked thread

4_zps8c88fd54.jpg

Should look like the lefthand of these two pictures

MSCDivinaMiddleHumpCabinsComparison_zpsb6ad2055.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

If you are are trying to decide on particular cabins, I have a listing of every cabin onboard with the square footage of the cabin overall (plus broken down into bathroom and living space) and the balcony. Let me know if you need that info on certain ones.

Overall, I think B2 is a safe bet though some forward have steel balcony siding versus plexiglass.

Bret

Hi we're in cabin 10259, how's that cabin? Thanks for your help

Hi we're in cabin 10259, how's that cabin? Thanks for your help

That cabin is not at all affected by the overhang as there is no overhang on the stern hump. it's near enough to some lifts but with very few cabins further back should have little noise from passing footfall. It is a looooooong way to the theatre, at least a quarter of a mile round trip.

No public areas above or below so no nasty surprise noise issues.

IF you are in the villa rossa MDR that's very easy accesss, not so good if you are in the black crab MDR

I'd be happy to sail in that cabin as i don't have mobility issues.

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Just booked the Divina for next June. It's a GTY Fantadtica Experience balcony so I'm assuming this will be a B2.

Are all B2s the same size or are some standard and others superior?

(I believe the Experiences have not been introduced for sailings from the US or people booking with MSC USA yet, so apologies if I've confusing some of you with this question)

Are all B2s the same size or are some standard and others superior?

No - if you look at the deck plans starting from Winter 2014 you can see the cabins colour-coded for the different "Experiences" .

Check out cabins numbers 13127 & 13129, for an example of differing sizes. the first has a sofa, the second doesn't.

I know this from experience on Preziosa - I was in 13139, smaller cabin - no sofa. Smallest balcony cabin I've had yet on a Fantasia class ship.

Edited by Beamafar

Hi Beam/ Amo ... Had a look at the 2013/14 brochure i have here and the colour codes are the same as cruisedeckplans, Blue for B1, Green for B2 and Mustard/Yellow for B3.

On deck 9 of Divina the cabins Bea mentioned on 13 are B1 cabins yet the very same size cabins on Deck 13 are B2 ! so i can only guess that the Deck 13 cabins are B2 Fantastica due to being higher up the ship despite being smaller in size.

Not sure where the Superior bit comes in though unless as i say it is due to being higher up the ship.

Not sure where the Superior bit comes in though unless as i say it is due to being higher up the ship.

I wonder where that "superior" description originated. It doesn't seem to apply to a specific class of cabin, ever!

Pete (Skier 52) is right to refer back to the older categories when determining cabin sizes, etc. They were far more "honest" in distinguishing differences.

Hi Bea ... I think the Superior would be better suited to those cabins with a settee in them and class the rest as B1 ie those without a seating area, the same goes for the inside and Ousides, the I2`s, O2`s and B2`s are all higher up the ship than the others apart from the B3`s.

I find it hard to see how those you mentioned could be classed as Superior cabins unless it is because they get Free room service and the other bits of the Fantastica experience.

Only MSC could go from lots of categories to three and then complicate them further by adding the Experiences.

I've just had a look at the pre and post experience deck plans and the Fantastica ones are the same colour code as what was B2. Bella is B1 and Aurea B3.

However I was thinking the b2s would be the slightly bigger ones with the sofa. Not the case. Some have a double sofa, some the smaller sofa and some no sofa at all (and only some of those are due to it being a connecting cabin). All very mystifying why there should be such variation within the same category.

It is all academic anyway at this stage. Until they allocate a cabin number, I could basically have pretty much anything!

No wasa Black Card member, I'm entitled to best available upgrade but how will they work that with the new experiences? Do I have a shot at getting an Aurea cabin or only better within the same category and how do they determine what is better? Not that I've had an upgrade to date!

About to book the Divina cabin 10218 (10216 is also available). Just wondering if anyone has any information about it. I have read that some cabins are smaller than others. Hoping this is a regular size with sofa. I have seen pictures of the overhang and angled balconies, which this is, and this is okay. Is there a way to figure the cabin size by looking at deck plans? This will be our first with MSC!

About to book the Divina cabin 10218 (10216 is also available). Just wondering if anyone has any information about it. I have read that some cabins are smaller than others. Hoping this is a regular size with sofa. I have seen pictures of the overhang and angled balconies, which this is, and this is okay. Is there a way to figure the cabin size by looking at deck plans? This will be our first with MSC!

Looking at the deck plans, neither have a sofa. Both have an angled balcony with 10218 having a much larger one.

LAST MINUTE BOOKING DIVINA 12093. shall I take this? pro/con?

This is one of the balcony cabins with the big angled balcony. You only have cabins below and above you. You are near a back of lifts. Not sure if you'll be impacted by the overhang on that deck. You'll need to wait for our resident expert Pete (Skier) to come on to be certain.

sorry to bother again but also have option of 12088. any thoughts??

No sofa either and standard size balcony. I'd personally go for 12093, but that's just me. I don't know which route you're on and whether you prefer to have more or less sun directly in your balcony. On some routes one side gets more than the other.

Check out the deck plans and see for yourself what suits you best.

sorry to bother again but also have option of 12088. any thoughts??

12088 will have a sofa - it's the cabins on the "hump" which have insides opposite them that don't have a sofa due to extra space needed to accommodate the extra insides. They also have smaller balconies.

Edited by Beamafar

Hello, does anyone have a pic of what a cove hull steel balcony looks like on the Divina (up close). I am booked in room 9037. Do you know if there is a sofa couch in there and if there is a bathtub? I was informed that it is a B2. Thank you in advance.