Mariner (somewhat live)

tallship

We board tomorrow and are excited. Traveled overnight using Regent Air. Booked our own transfer from the airport to the Fairmont as we booked the hotel on our own.

Love our view, balcony and in room amenities. Had dinner on a reco from another couple from Florida (also going on Regent) just around the corner from the hotel called Pulcinella. Reasonable dinner with wine and decent food for about 70 Euros in total. There is a pre-tour tomorrow that includes lunch. Unsure if we will go.

Boarding is around 4 pm as the ship is arriving from drydock in Marseilles.

I will try to post updates but it is a very port intensive trip.....

Looking forward to everything you have to say and pictures of the new additions/changes. Still over a year until we sail so we have to live vicariously through your posts.

Hi Scuba!

I think we're on the same cruise next year.....coming close to a year out now!

We'll be anxious, as well, to here about the re do on the Mariner! Looking forward to hearing more of the latest adventures aboard the Mariner!!!!

Alas, Tina have researched posting pix with an Ipad but can't work out using a third party site (e.g., photobucket) with my Ipad. Tried for about 30 min a few days ago in preparation for my crossing Thursday--no joy. You can post IPAD pix with 3 taps on to Facebook using the IPAD camera pix and Facebook icon. Maybe someone else can figure out posting on CC with an IPAD and share the 101 details here. If you have a camera and can download pix to a third party site, can send you easy to follow instructions.

Really excited to hear about your upcoming cruise and also how the Mariner looks in her new "clothes". I understand that loads of new artwork was hung during her stay in Italy. Wish we could be onboard with you. Are you traveling with your lovely Mum? If so, please give her a hug from me:)

I am using an ipad and uploading from the photobucket website, not the ipad app. I upload my pictures, then open cruise critic in another window. To insert a photo, go to the photobucket site, tap the picture you want to insert and look for the create link icon...looks like a chain link. This will open a window with various URL link addresses - choose the one for forums...all the way to the bottom. Copy the link then paste it into your post where you want your picture to appear. You can preview before posting to make sure it all came through OK. Good luck! Wes, this is a bit of a full circle...didn't you teach me how to do this? :)

We are boarding in Venice when you debark and therefore look forward to hearing all about Mariner and your cruise. This will be my first Regent cruise so won't be able to compare the before and after.

I can't up load photos either!

Ok, so here is a try at posting

The ship looks marvelous after a multi-million dollar refurbishment. I understand that the crew, contractors, and the senior execs including Mr. Kamlani worked round the clock the last few days. It feels like an Art Deco ship in places. Copper ceiling, wonderful art, nice ambiance....feeling happy and only regret is that I should have indulged in the upgrade offer.

Internet on the ship seems reasonably fast...all is good

Enjoy the pics

New Mariner Suite

13696283103_1197ca2734.jpg

13696255185_97012ba945.jpg

13696259885_aba194d44c.jpg