Strange Solarium Bistro Question

My Husband is a very picky eater and will not eat anything on the dinner menu, however all of it sounds wonderful to me. So here is the question, would we have an issue at all with just me eating there and him just" keeping me company"? I guess he could at least get a drink so he was not completely void of spending money.

I'm curious as to why so many think this would not be an issue? As stated, the Solarium Bistro on Oasis is a pay-venue at night, meaning guests are charged the cover charge. I mean, what's to prevent a couple from only paying one cover charge, yet feeding the other off their plate when supposedly staff are not watching? ((not intended for OP here, just in general))

I think OP may find she has difficulty with this scenario; perhaps it's best to speak to the manager once they board. :)

I'll have to let you know, trust me there will be no sneaking from him :)

I don't think they were accusing you of doing that just thinking from the ships viewpoint on why they may not allow it :)

Just out of curiosity, what does he eat if nothing on the dinner menu ?!

Just curious. What exactly do you mean that there is nothing on the menu that he would eat? So both of you go together at one dinner and one of you eats and then go to a second for the other person, and they eat? Where does you husband eat? I have heard about picky eaters for kids, but to find absolutely nothing in a menu to eat, seems a bit extreme for an adult. I'm a guy, and if my wife wants to eat someplace, I will force the food down as long as she is enjoying it!!!!!!!:cool:

You need to introduce a food to someone 10 times before they can truly determine if they like it or not, because it can be difficult to properly differentiate between "new and different" vs. actual "dislike".

It works with my kids. ;)

we had a wonderful time at Solarium Bistro on our Oasis cruise last month. My wife who also is very selective on what she eats found many items on the menu to enjoy and I loved the Bison.

See my review of our cruise by clicking the link below.

Have fun and enjoy!!

Specialty restaurants will work to acommodate picky eaters. They won't have a problem getting you a basic "everyday" type offering like you would see in the MDR for example. I would expect them to charge your husband though.

You need to introduce a food to someone 10 times before they can truly determine if they like it or not, because it can be difficult to properly differentiate between "new and different" vs. actual "dislike".

It works with my kids. ;)

Sorry but if I try something once and I don't like it I am certainly not going to try it another 9 times just to make sure it's an actual dislike and not just different.

Sorry but if I try something once and I don't like it I am certainly not going to try it another 9 times just to make sure it's an actual dislike and not just different.

I was thinking the exact same thing! I don't need to do ANYTHING 10 times to know I don't like it. LOL!!!

I'm also a picky eater, but my dh will try anything once. We've eaten in the Solarium Bistro twice for dinner. Both times, I found an entre to eat even though I didn't care for it. Dh loved everything in there. I'm sure the op's dh can find a salad and/or soup to eat along with some bread plus a dessert even if the entre is not to his liking. BTW, we had the best service possible!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

My Husband is a very picky eater and will not eat anything on the dinner menu, however all of it sounds wonderful to me. So here is the question, would we have an issue at all with just me eating there and him just" keeping me company"? I guess he could at least get a drink so he was not completely void of spending money.
I'd keep him at home....:confused:

My family eats meat and I don't. I went to chops with them and was just going to have side dishes but the waiter would NOT hear of it. He pretty much showed me every menu from every venue and told me to pick something and he would go get it. I really wasn't hungry and would have been totally happy with side dishes - but he would not take no for an answer. I finally just said pasta - since I knew that was right next door. Hopefully the waiter can find something for your husband to eat.

Kathy